The Lord

Who Grants the Fairy Godmother's Wish?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Lord

Fourteen:

“My dream? I want to run a company bigger and better than my father,” Junmyeon declared.

“Seriously that's it?” Yixing, the heir to the Ram Electronics Corporation, inquired mildly bored. His friend's answer had been so generic he had been fishing for something more interesting. Like something about the girl that was approaching them from behind Junmyeon. A sly smirk curled Yixing's mouth as he added, “Just a big company, what about love?”

“Well of cou–”

“What are you two going on about?” the girl interrupted.

Yixing inwardly groaned in frustration as Aeri popped up around Junmyeon, who flinched startled and clamped his mouth shut, even though Yixing had an idea of what was going to be said. Junmyeon was the least subtle human in the universe.

“Our dreams for the future,” Yixing answered the girl casually.

Junmyeon nodded as he anxiously slid his hands into his pockets.

Aeri hummed as she folded her hands behind her back as she twirled slightly from side-to-side, she wasn't the type to stay still, even Yixing knew that about her. “So?” she prompted for replies from the both of them – but the Chinese boy saw the way her gaze lingered a little longer on Junmyeon with a suppressed smile on her face. They both were terribly obvious yet hopelessly oblivious.

“Mr. Original wants a perfect, giant company to run and I simply want a happy future with a pretty wife that can sing folk songs,” Yixing replied.

“That's strangely specific,” Aeri commented to the dimpled boy.

“Yeah, who are you thinking of?” Junmyeon inquired with a teasing grin.

“No one! I just have my ideals,” Yixing said defensively. How did this turn around on him? Junmyeon was suppose to be the one confessing not him.

Whatever, they're still young they have time I guess, he mentally huffed.


 

Twenty-four:

“Aeri, long time no see,” the man greeted with a bright smile.

The girl twirled around, cream colored dress flowing delicately about her legs as she faced her old classmate with a grin that brightened her neutral face from a moment ago. “Yixing! It's so good to see you again. How's Ram doing?” she greeted him.

It was strange, not quite the warm and free Aeri he knew in middle and high school. She was polite and formal, perhaps it was just because they hadn't met in so long. When they all began university meeting up had become difficult but they exchanged the occasional email and phone call around holidays.

“It's good. Dad has me working in the marketing department. Eight more until I get to take over his cushy office,” Yixing answered casually, chuckling slightly.

Aeri giggled. “I'm glad to hear you're doing good with your future. And thank you for making time to stop by this party, I know you must be really busy.”

“Not at all. I would never miss this. I think I've been waiting for this day longer than the both of you,” he joked.

Yixing stared at Aeri as she locked her hands behind her back, but didn't fidget like she use to do. She nodded her head at him as she clearly was holding a sigh back. Aeri was so different from the girl he was friends with back then, this was a woman who was now a proper party host and lady of the hour. Yixing felt a little lost by this realization.

Clearing his throat Yixing glanced at the other guests milling about, gowns and suits everywhere he looked. “So,” he began turning back to the girl who's spine was a little too straight. “I heard Junmyeon's flight got in yesterday, have you seen him yet? It's been almost eight months since I visited him in London. Is his hair still blond?” Yixing chuckled at the thought of his business professional friend with such rebellious hair.

Aeri's eyes widened for a moment before her gaze dropped to the ground, Yixing's laugh came to a shaking stop.

“I, uh, I wouldn't know. I haven't seen Junmyeon since he left for Europe. He dyed his hair?” Her voice was soft, but a little unsteady as she spoke. This was not the same Aeri at all.

“But you've at least talked to him right?” he questioned.

Aeri turned her head to the right all of a sudden then looked back at Yixing with a polite smile that he didn't like directed at him: a friend.

“Sorry Yixing I have more guests to greet. Please enjoy yourself,” she said with a bow of her head.

Before he could say anything the girl her heel and took off to play perfect hostess that he could only stare at and watch incredulously. What happened after high school?

About an hour later the Chinese man spotted a familiar face across the hotel ballroom, greeting and shaking people's hands with an ever plastic and professional smile on his face. Yixing had started towards him when Mr. Kim took hold of a mic to gain the rooms' attention with Mr. Min at his side. They both gave a short speech about how each of their companies were great before Mr. Kim took over the talking which turned to his perfect son. Yixing stood frozen to his spot as Junmyeon was called to the center of the room, his eyes on his friend like there was something going on that wasn't quite right.

“My son has finished his studies abroad and is ready to take over my place as CEO of Moonlight Inc.,” Mr. Kim announced and there was applause. Raising a hand to silence the guests he carried on. “But my son won't be taking on this task alone. My good friend, Min Jaeseok, and I will finally have our companies unite and in the best way we could ever ask for. My son has asked for Min Aeri's hand and she has gladly accepted. Looks like I can retire happily.” Mr. Kim ended with a chuckle.

Others joined him while Aeri slowly made her way to the center of the room. Yixing watched as the girl took her place next to her announced fiance, stealing sideways glances at him while Junmyeon kept his eyes front and a suspicious gap between them. That was not the Min Aeri he knew up there, nor was that stiff, stoic man his friend Kim Junmyeon.

Where's Prince Charming and the Innocent Princess? Where'd they go? Yixing wondered.


 

Sixteen:

It was a party. A very dull and dying party that needed a jolt to bring it back to life and that was why someone suggested a dumb game of truth-or-dare. It had worked. It brought about laughter and mischief. Yixing got to kiss three girls and was confessed to once. Junmyeon was more reserved and only got dumb dares like taking off his shirt and making a prank call. Aeri didn't play, she was in a group of girls that just wanted to laugh and watch.

It was getting late and a girl had received a dare to kiss the guy she liked. Yixing was watching on in amusement as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter