The Cheesy Plan Moment

Sweeter than stories, more than love story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Cheesy Plan Moment 

 

 

Tiffany was having a bad day. She was not in a good mood and when she wasn't, all of her friends knew not to mess with her. She was usually nice and complacent but when struck with one of her darker moods, she could be mean and vicious.

As she was walking to her locker to get her books for her next class, she noticed a group of girls pushing one of their friends to her direction. Ignoring them, she reached for her locker and took out her books.

"Excuse me."

Tiffany turned to the direction of the voice. The girl, who was being pushed by her friends just a while ago, was standing behind her looking sheepish. She raised a brow at girl.

"Can I have directions?"

"To where?" she asked promptly, balancing her books in her arms.

Taeyeon stared at her for a full minute before answering, "To your heart."

Tiffany’s jaw dropped. She gaped at Taeyeon for a moment. She heard Taeyeon’s friends laugh and that's what took her out of her shocked trance. Anger welled up inside her.

"If my hands weren't full right now," she began slowly, trying not to let her temper show.

"You would hug me?" Taeyeon asked, the sheepish look gone, replaced by arrogance.

"No," she hissed. "I would smack you so many times, you'll think you're surrounded. I don't know what you and you're friends are playing at," she paused to give her snickering friends a glare, "but don't make a game out of me, you creeps."

After saying that, she her heels and marched away, leaving them speechless and rooted on the spot.

 

Tiffany drummed her fingers on the table as she waited for her friend to meet her in the cafeteria. Still in a bad mood, she took deep breaths to calm herself. Recalling what happened earlier, she felt anger stirring up inside her again. How dare they make a sport out of her? Were they so bored with their life that they had nothing better to do? And why her?

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice somebody standing in front of her until Taeyeon spoke.

"So there you are! I've been looking all over for YOU, the woman of my dreams!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

It was Taeyeon from earlier. The students who heard her outburst stared at them, wondering what was happening. Some guys behind her even cheered.

"Is this seat empty?" Taeyeon went on, as if she did nothing embarrassing.

"Yes," she answered coolly. She was fuming inside and it was tough trying to maintain her composure. When Taeyeon made a move to sit beside her, she continued, "And this one will be if you sit down."

Taeyeon didn't look fazed by her coldness. Instead, Taeyeon looked a little confused. Taeyeon scratched her head and glanced behind her. She turned her head and saw Taeyeon gawking friends standing not so far off. Tiffany scowled at them and turned her contemptuous stare at the Taeyeon in front of her. She was about to bite Taeyeon head off when her friend, Jessica arrived. Taking one look at her face, she grabbed Tiffany’s arm, shot an apologetic look at the Taeyeon and dragged her away before she could cause a scene and regret it later.

 

Taeyeon sighed as she watched her vision of beauty and perfection walk away with her friend Jessica. Taeyeon friends, Yuri, Sunny and Yoona moved to stand beside her and they too watched her leave.

She had fallen for her when she first met her. They had accidentally bumped into each other by the school dance entrance, Tiffany’s things falling in the process. Taeyeon had profusely apologized while she picked up her things, making her burst out laughing. Her mind went blank, then. She thought Tiffany was so lovely with the way her brown eyes sparkled with amusement, the way she flipped her long, chocolate hair over her shoulder, the way she smiled happily and the way she looked at her with genuine friendliness. Cupid had struck Taeyeon heart. She was in love.

And had been for 3 months, now. It was 3 months of stolen glances, troubled thoughts, endless dreaming and pining. It drove her friends crazy, her cowardice to confess. So they all formed a plan to make Tiffany’s notice Taeyeon for Taeyeon to win her love.

"I don't think it's working," she told them dejectedly. "I'm just embarrassing myself with these stupid lines you researched online. They're just making her mad at me."

"Dude, you're doing okay," Sunny argued. "She noticed you. Finally. And I'm pretty sure she's thinking about you already. At least you're not nonexistent in her life anymore."

"It's not because I'm a jock, right?" She asked, fearful of the answer. "And I'm even using cheesy pick-up lines! Could I get even more my stereotype?"

Yoona, the smartest one in their group, scoffed at her. "Of course not. Tiffany’s not judgmental according to my research. She's friends with some of the jocks and cheerleaders, you know. She's one of the few people who could have been popular if she chose to. And as for the pick-up lines," Yoona narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon, "we all agreed to use them, remember? To make her notice you and think you're funny, which is one of the traits she's looking for in a guy?"

"But I think I'm doing it all wrong," Taeyeon grumbled.

"I don't think so," Yuri sighed. Their heads slowly turned to look at her. Yuri was the prankster of the group and was known to get into trouble all the time. "I forgot to tell you about this but when she's in a bad mood, she could be very unaccommodating. That must have caused the epic fail."

"Yuri! Why didn't you say so earlier?" Taeyeon threw a punch at Yuri, which Yuri dodged swiftly. "I could have saved myself some embarrassment!"

"Dude, chill!" Yuri put her hands up in defense while she laughed. "I just forgot. Her friend told me that yesterday. And everything was just so funny that it slipped off my mind."

Taeyeon glared at her friends who were grinning from ear to ear. "That's it. I'm just going to ask her out straight away and get this over and done with."

"Taeyeon! No!" her friends shouted, earning them looks from the other students in the cafeteria.

"It's a perfect plan," Yoona defended. "It's just Yuri here," she shot her an irritated look, "conveniently forgot to tell us that one very important information. Seriously, Yuri. Can't you try to be serious with this?"

Yuri didn't look insulted at all. She just continued grinning at Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter