CHAPTER SEVEN / Some Beautiful Faces Have the Most (Bruised) Hearts

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyunnie! Seulgi-yah! Go beat their asś.” 


“It’s just a practice match, but you gotta win this.” 


“YES, A THREE-POINTER!” 


“WOOHOO! Our team rocks.”


While Sana, Jisoo, and little Roseanne were watching Joohyun and Seulgi’s basketball practice, Seungwan couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy towards the three girls.

At the moment, she wished that she wasn’t blind.

She wanted to watch too. 

She wanted to see the court.

She wanted to see the crowd of students who were cheering endlessly.

She wanted to see Sana and Jisoo’s expressions who were so pumped up, rooting for their school’s team.

And oh, she wanted so badly to see Joohyun and Seulgi shooting and dunking. 

She closed her eyes a few times during the game, trying to imagine her surroundings, but her vision was nothing but blank.

All she could do was hear. The squeaky sound of the players’ shoes, the ball’s dribbling against the floor and getting slammed inside the basket, and the loud cheers of her two friends that her ears were close to exploding. 

Seungwan didn’t want to be there in the first place. 

She was exhausted to the bone, but she couldn’t say no to Sana and Jisoo who kept begging with that too cute voice of theirs.
 

“How tall is Joohyun?” Seungwan piped in. 

“188 cm.” Seven year old Roseanne answered on the two older girls’ behalf since they were too busy fangirling, and screaming their lungs out. 

Seungwan always thought that she would look so short next to Joohyun since she expected him to be taller than that. 

The difference between their heights wasn’t that much. 

“What about Seulgi?”

“Hmm, I think he’s 182.”

“What’s their playing positions?” 

“Joohyun-oppa is the Captain, and he can play any position. Seulgi-oppa is a Shooting Guard, and self proclaimed Vice Captain.” Roseanne laughed at the last two words. “Mark Tuan is actually the Vice, but he’s too humble to accept that role.” 

“Tsk, Mark is in the team? I didn’t know that my best friend’s boyfriend is a basketball player.” Seungwan chuckled to herself. 

 

* *

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter