THE MEETING I

Journey of Life

Ringggggg…. As the bell rings in the morning, the entire students of Seisen International Academy head up to the main hall for the morning assembly before enters their own classes; during the assembly, the whole body of student perfect stand on every side and corner to respond to their school duty. Yukiko is one of them, and today, she has been given a duty to stand and guard the main door of the hall. As the students walk into the hall, the teachers take their seat on both sides on the stage. One of the senior educators approaches Yukiko with the blue files.

“I want to see you later just after the assembly end, Minamoto-san,” said Akiyama-sensei.

Yukiko nods. The assembly begins as soon as the entire body of Seisen International Academy gathers. The country and school song have been singing together during the assembly; then, the principal takes over the entirety of the assembly. Every issue relates to the school and student has been brought up during the assembly. The students listen attentively when the principal gives the speech, including the important announcement.

***

During recess time, there was a group of students from the green building surrounded the café area—Yukiko along with her friends walk around the area as what the head prefect commands them. More and more students appear in the café as usual. The entire student body takes their duty seriously at that time, everything that out of control, they will be in charge.

“Summer vacation will begin next week. Any planning going back to Osaka?” asked Tamako, one of Yukiko’s friends, known as Yukiko’s best friend.

“Summer vacation? I think so, dad just called me last week. He will come and fetch me next week,” said Yukiko, her eyes surround the café area.

Tamako hugged Yukiko in sudden, and said, “I will be missing you then.”

“Ekkk? Why, Tamako?” asked Yukiko, wondering.

“Well, this week will be my final week I'm studying in Seisen. My parent has registered me to another school, just nearer my place. The school more focus on local study...” told Tamako.

“I’m looking forward towards that, Tamako,” said Yukiko. “But I need more time on that though.”

Girls’ Dorm sounds noisier than a normal day; something had happened there, something unusual like any other night. Yukiko plans with the rest of the school friends to make the farewell party for their friend, Tamajima Tamako. All of the girls have prepared something for her; she cries at the moment.

“We’ll be missing you, Tamajima-san,” said Hadashi Ryoko.

“Thank you for everything. I’ll be seeing you guys one day,” replied Tamako.

At the end of the farewell party, Yukiko and Tamako stand at the veranda, looks at the round moon in the darkest sky. They stare for a few minutes before the beginning their conversation.

“Go and reach your dream Yukiko,” Tamako said, “never let anyone or anything stop your dream.”

Yukiko turned towards Tamako, and nodded, “I won’t let that happen, Tamako. Zettai dame!”

“Look at the moon, thanks to the light from the sun from the other side. The moon can shine from the support of the sun. I really want to be your supporter even though I live far from here,” expressed Tamako, still stared at the bright moon. “Kind of sad because of the moon no light for its own, and thanks to the sun—the dark can lit with its supporter.”

Yukiko just smiled and patted Tamako’s shoulder with warm and gentle pat. The tears flowed through both of Tamako’s cheek. She wiped it before Yukiko noticed it.

“Please take care of your heart too, Yuki,” said Tamako, reminding Yukiko.

Yukiko has heart problem since she was a kid, yet it wasn’t in the worst condition. Nevertheless, Yukiko always follow-up her appointment with her panel doctor four times in a year. In previous three years, Tamako always accompanied Yukiko went to the hospital to do the check-up, and that worried Tamako a lot.

“Don’t worry, Tamako! It was just minor, besides, I always follow-up about that,” said Yukiko, positively. “Just run towards your dream, Tamako!”

***

The next morning, Yukiko and the rest of the students that live in the dorm goes to the school together this morning. Yukiko and Tamako help Chemist Teacher to prepare some of the chemist set for today’s experiment. Everything goes fine during the day. The Seisen’s students take their seriousness on what they are doing especially during extra curriculum activities.

Soon after the school ends up, Yukiko and Tamako go out for a walk that not far from their school; few of people from the nearer houses area also have their walk time at that time. Both of them sit on the benches, next to the only cherry-blossom tree.

“Tomorrow is Saturday, do you have any plan?” asked Tamako.

“Not really, Tamako,” said Yukiko, leaning on the benches.

Tamako saw six young men waved and walked towards them. As they getting nearer, Yukiko got very bad impression towards this.

“Hi, Yukiko!” greeted Jungmin.

“Haish, why they were here?” mumbled Yukiko.

“Do you know them, Yuki?” asked Tamako.

“Not really, I just met them last two days, when I have a walk around Springfield (Boy) International School, just passed the school. Not met, just that it happened I was there,” told Yukiko, with her poker face.

“But they really have that good looks,” whispered Tamako at Yukiko’s ear. ‘You never tell me that you met them.”

“Tamako… I really don’t have time for that, I have a lot of things need to be thought of,” said Yukiko.

“I am sorry for Yuki’s insensitivity,” Tamako apologize and bow.

Donghyun purposely patted Yukiko’s head, yet, Yukiko pushed Donghyun’s hand and she looked more pissed off than before, “Stop it, Donghyun!”

Donghyun smiles, she’s kind of pissed off towards Donghyun. She looks grumpy at the moment. But once Donghyun begins to talk about the kitten he kept last two days, Yukiko’s impression changed suddenly.

“How’s the kitten?” asked Yukiko.

“He was healthier, and drink a lot of milk. Minwoo is helping me,” said Donghyun.

“Minwoo is taking care more of the kitten than him, Yukiko, because the kitten attaches more to Minwoo than Donghyun,” told Jungmin.

Yukiko bows as she thanks them for helping her care of the kitten. Yukiko looks at Tamako’s face—she looks at Donghyun quite long. She senses something about Tamako, but she just silences. Then, she notices Hyunseong too. He tries to have the conversation with Tamako but Tamako engages more towards Donghyun.

Yukiko’s phone rings; she answers the phone. She looks very happy when she heard young man’s voice that she recognizes.

“Hyunnie, so long didn’t hear you. How are you? I’m really happy to hear you, Hyunnie… so, how are dad and mum there? Really? That’s great, Hyunnie! Yes? Something wrong Hyunnie? Why your voice sound differently from a while ago? What had happened, Hyunnie?”

Yukiko moves far from them; her facial expression changes drastically. Minwoo is wondering as he noticing her changing expression and voice. Yukiko stands next to the swing and continues answering her younger brother’s call.

“Okay, if like that… can you please hold on until I come back? Hyun, are you listening or not? Fine… yes… okay… okay, see you next week. Take care, Hyunnie, bye…” Yukiko ended her called, her face looked worried at that time.

She is joining them just after she ends the call; however, the smile returns back on her face once she saw six of them made some kind of weird jokes. Minwoo stands next to her, Yukiko wonders.

“Are you okay?” asked Minwoo, in sudden.

Yukiko frowned at the moment, “Pardon, Minwoo?”

“Ah, nothing! Nothing!” said Minwoo with a straight-face.

Yukiko smells something so fishy about Minwoo; however, the things get more and more interesting about all of them which Yukiko will encounter day by day.

***

The End of Chapter Two