Six

Like Clockwork

"You two knew each other?" Woohyun asks in curiosity. His eyes were running to Myungsoo and Sungjung.

"Yes" and "no" was the answer of the two in unison.

"Hyung, is he the one you want me to meet?" Sungjung asks.

"Yeah, but seems you two knew each other." Woohyun says still in daze.

"In name, we don't." He simply answer.

Myungsoo suddenly felt Sungjung being hostile with him. He could have been somebody else, why did he ever have to be Woohyun's cousin? Seems the world wants to play with him.

He remember the day he went to the hospital and getting mad. He let out his frustration and anger to Sungjung when he brought something here.

"I'm Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo." He introduce his self. He offered his hand for a handshake.

"Lee Sungjung." He introduces too.

He was pleasantly surprised when he shook his hand.

He was nervous. Maybe, Sungjung have already told Woohyun about what happened between them.

"How did the two of you know each other?" Woohyun asks while smiling.

"Huh? It's—" he was having a second thoughts if he would tell him.

"He often come here to buy some stuff. I used to know him in face" Sungjung answer, he even smile.

"Is that so?" Woohyun asks

"Yeah!"

"Is it okay Myungsoo if we could have a snack first here? It's still early for dinner."

"Yeah, sure."

"We could go out and watch movie after this if you want." Woohyun offers.

"What do you want to eat?" Sungjung interrupts.

Before Woohyun could tell Sungjung what he wanted to eat, his phone suddenly rings. He answers it.

"Wait, what did you said? I can't hear you. What— captured? How?" Woohyun couldn't help but to shout. Seems the news he received wasn't good. He have signaled Sungjung that he will be out for a minute while he was still talking with someone on the phone.

"Look, about the other night," Myungsoo starts when Woohyun left.

"Forget about it. It's really nothing for me. It's a part of this job. I guess, you get to meet a lot of cranky people."

"So, I'm cranky now?"

"I'll forget it if you forget it." Sungjung smile.

"Deal!" He agreed. And they shake hands again.

"So, how did you and my Hyung become?" Sungjung asks after.

"How?"

"Yeah, I mean, how did you become lovers?"

"Us?"

"Which do you prefer, cranky or slow?"

"What did your Hyung told you?" He asks instead.

"He told me, I shouldn't told you what did he told me."

"Uh-huh."

"He's a mushy person. He said, "Jungie, I think I finally found the right one." He even look up to the ceiling.

Myungsoo can't help but to laugh. "He is your Hyung and your treating him like that."

"Well, he's a mushy person. And believe me, he's the greasiest person I know." He said while laughing.

"You two must really be close." Myungsoo commented.

"We protect each other. We're family. And that's what family do, right?"

Myungsoo feels like he was listening to a member of Mafia when he heard that words.

"So, what did you like about my Hyung?"

He wasn't expecting Sungjung will asks him that.

"Huh? Because—" he startled, he doesn't know how to explain.

"Never mind. Must be the spark." He said.

"Spark?"

"Yeah, they says. I mean, it's kinda hard to explain, but when you're there, when it happens you'll know. It feels like when you we're with him you feel different."

"Feels there's a heaviness?"

"Nope! Feels like you always have to think of him even though you don't need to."

Myungsoo smiles to that. Recently, he had been thinking of Woohyun even though he shouldn't be. He finally felt at ease with Sungjung.

"Mind if I ask you a favor? Seems, you're almost a brother to me."

"What is it?" He asks.

"Don't leave him. I don't wanna see him being left behind." Sungjung said in a serious tone.

He wanted to asks Sungjung what he meant to say, but Woohyun was already back.

"I'm sorry, Myungsoo. I have to cancel our dinner date. I've got some emergency to handle, and I need to be there."

He just stayed silent.

"I'll make it up to you next time, I promise."

"Hyung, why don't you take him with you if you visits the orphanage."

"I've already asks him. I'll pick you up. It's going to be whole day affair. I'm sure, you'll gonna enjoy there."

"Okay, why not?" He simply said.

"That's my man."

He was surprised when he felt his hand in his chin. He lifted his face, enough for their eyes to meet. Every time he looked into those eyes he would just lose his self. Woohyun has a warmth face. Myungsoo feels, if he was with Woohyun no one can harm him. He made him feel secure without even trying.

"You were hypnotizing me." He quietly said. Three of them laughs.

 

"Myungsoo, what's with you?" Yeol sways him.

"Why?" He asks him.

"You've been spacing out." He said.

"Am not." He denied.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay, then can you please tell me what did I just said earlier."

He smile, "Alright, you got me."

"You've been thinking about him, don't you?"

"Him?" He furrows.

"Yeah, him. The instant boyfriend of yours."

"Crazy."

"Did you find out anything new about him?"

He nodded.

"You told me, you have constant communication with him, so what's stopping you from asking him who he really is?" Yeol asks him.

"Why?"

"Why? Isn't it important to you right now?"

He just stayed silent. What was it that actually stopped him? He knew to his self that how much he wanted to know more about Nam Woohyun. If who he really is, what he was doing in front of his door unit on the night were Minseok intended to him.

Then he have thought about his Uncle San. He wasn't expecting that he was also interested with the wealth that he could have  if he will get married. One thing that have been conclude to his mind. What if it's not fate that he met Woohyun? What if he was a part of somebody else's plan? That someone had asks him to make him fall.

He have tried not to think the doubt he had. It was probably what had stopped him this whole time. "What you do not know won't hurt you.", someone once told him. This time, he knew what that meant. He wanted to believed that he was probably wrong with his doubt. That he was making all his ghost up. But it's truly hard to believe what really happens between him and Woohyun. It couldn't be that someone will knocked on his door and introduces his self as his boyfriend. But what he can't really explained is, why can't he deny that it was a lie. Because he have knew somehow, somewhere along that line, it had some truth in it. He was the one he was waiting for. And when he claimed he was his boyfriend, he knew it wasn't true. But how he secretly wished it was. If was his Uncle San asks Woohyun to make him fall, or whoever it was who contracted him to do so had succeeded.

He loves him.

He loved him so much he didn't have to ask. He doesn't care about the truth. What matters to him is now.

"For now, I need him."

"You need him or you need him?" Same question but a different usage of tone. He understands what Yeol had been pointing out.

"I am my father's son. I am going to get what is rightfully mine." He hardly said. He tried to sound convincing. Like he was in it for the money, he doesn't want to admit to Yeol that he was fallen to a stranger.

Yeol doesn't utter any words. Seems he was thinking of something.

"Where are we?" He ask instead. He cuts off the thought of string on Yeol's mind.

Yeol told him right away.

"What is this called? He asks while he was doing the same posture. Every Sunday morning Yeol spent time with him, sharing moves he learns. He's been into t'ai chi lately.

"The stork spread its wings." Yeol proudly exclaims.

"Where did it came from?"

"Haven't you see? Your right hand, came from above, that's the stork. The left one, was the lake."

"This thing really works?" He doubtfully asks.

"Of course. Look at me, it's been a week since I've learned it, I felt a lot of things in my body. I feel light, energetic."

"Even before you were light and energetic. You look like a leech."

"Besides, there's a scientific basis in it. Pretty good for back spasms, blood pressure, depression and diabetes." Giving him some details. "Let's do this, grasp the sparrow's tail."

He follows what Yeol was doing.

"Do we really have to do this in front of the television?" He asks when he saw him stealing glances in a on television. His attention was caught by the news break report.

"The police authority captured Mr. Kang. The Drug Lord who have they been hunting for years from now. Mr. Kang was caught in N's Inn."

"Good for you." Yeol said while watching the news.

"Around 5:30pm that the said Drug Lord was captured. A tip from a concern citizen had given to the police and conducted an operations."

He thinks where he was that time when that notorious drug lord was captured. He smile when he remembered that he was with Woohyun that time, they where at the convenience store. Then he remembered, the phone call Woohyun receives. He heard him saying captured.

Exactly during the time Mr. Kang had been captured.  He can sense that Woohyun wasn't pleasant to hear the news he received on the other line. Isn't it—?

But he said he's a businessman.

Was Nam Woohyun a member of a drug syndicate?