One

Like Clockwork

Kim Myungsoo read the label again of the instant coffee he chose. He make sure that their is a word "extra strong" before he pays it.

"Anything else, Sir?", asks the cashier boy.

He just look at him. The face is new to him. He have been here before many times in this 24-hour convenience store, located at the ground floor of his condominium but he only seen this guy now.

"Nope, just that." he said in a low voice, then he take a look on the clock in a wall. Its eleven p.m already.

He put his one hand on his nape to massage it, its been days since he was really busy working at day and clubbing at night. He was never really a party goer. In fact, he hated large crowds and noisy places. But these past few days, he had been getting desperate. Being the Math professor that he was, he knows the law of average, the nature of statistics. The more choices, the more chances of finding the right one.

"Sir, do you want to try our new sandwich?", the cashier boy offered.

"Thank you but that would be all." he answer and pays for it.

 

--

He doesn't like clubbing or barhopping but he needs someone to make his plan. His head is aching days from now. His grandfather asking him to settle down. He needs to marry, that's his grandfather last wish. For god sake how can he get married when he doesn't have boyfriend or girlfriend.

 

--

He was on his way to his pad when he passed the pad next to him. Loud music can be heard in the hallway, laughes and yelling can be heard too. It was annoying him. Not because they were causing him sleepless nights, but because they seemed to be having the time of their life. And him? He was miserable.

He can't take this anymore, sure everyone can have there parties but can they be considerate with the other people living in this flat? He decides to knock the other pad door and tell them to slow down the music they can disturb other people on that floor. He hated to sound like a killjoy, but he liked to give them a piece of his mind.

He supposed to knock and ready to shut them up when he noticed the door to his pad is slightly open. He wasn't expecting anybody at this hour. He tiptoe walking to his pad feeling nervous and slowly opening the door.

Oh, my God! Its Minseok! His panicking right now. Seems Minseok feels his presence. "Baby!" he heard him calling. Grinning to him widely.

The recptionist didn't even informed him that someone is looking for him when he passed awhile ago at the reception area. Well Minseok can do anything maybe he bribe them, his family is a lot of connections. He hug him, he reeked of liquor.

"You're drunk, Minseok. You should go home.", shooing him away.

"But you're my home, baby. Can't you see that?" Minseok responding to him while he was shaping his hand into a heart form.

"We'll talk tomorrow if you already sobber.", he turned his back and walking away from Minseok.

"Hey! Don't you ever turn your back on me, baby. Nobody turns his back on Kim Minseok."

"I just did. Isn't it obvious?"

"What's wrong with you? I mean, we we're doing okay, right? I'm your man. It's me here you're talking to."

"Minseok, we already talked about this. I told you we couldn't work it out. It is much pretty better if we can only be friends." he explained.

"Friends? Give me one good reason why we can't be more than that?", Minseok insisting.

You're obnoxious.

"Cause I don't feel anything for you. I don't love you."

"You know what? A lot of hot and good looking people than you. You're not supposed to say that."

"You asked for it. I was asking you to go, quietly, but you came here at this hour, drunk and God knows what else. Hyung, you're just.. you're just--"

"What?", waiting for what his trying to say.

A mistake.

"You're just not the man for me." Minseok didn't answered, and now he's more nervous. He hardly knew him save his family's reputation, and for being the guy who offered his drink at a bar two nights ago. That "barhopping" thing was entirely a mistake. He went to that bar because a friend of him suggesting him that maybe he can find some decent guy there were he can make his plan

First looked, Minseok was the perfect catch. Handsome and it came from a well known family. And when he invited him for a date next night, he didn't refuse. But when he insisted that they go to his place for some "fun", he didn't like the game he's been up to. He tried to give a good excuse, and told him he still had classes the following day.

He drove him home but when they got to his condominium building he tried to kiss him inside the car. Thanks God he pushed him in no time before it would happen. He told his self that would be the last time he would see the guy. But he was wronged, Minseok is finding every way to see him, following him around. He started calling him up on his phone, at home and at the university. At first he was trying to explain to him everything and why, until he avoided him. He's too tired explaining.

Now inches away from him, this stranger looked more dangerous than ever. He felt the other hand around his wrist. "You can't do this to me."

"Hyung! Let me go!" Myungsoo asks pleadingly to Minseok, but Minseok hold him tighter.

You're hurting me!" he yelled.

"Why don't you relax? You'll love this anyway.", Minseok saying while trying to kiss him. He tried his very best to push him but Minseok is stronger than him. He towered over him. He think for a reason for him to escape from Minseok. He pretends that he like what he was doing to him. "I told you." Minseok whispering into his ears.

Minseok starts to kiss his neck, and when he got the right timming, and all his might he kick Minseok manhood. Minseok is crying in pain now, and with that he frees his self. Then he starts kicking him, and Minseok slowly walking through the door. He feel proud of his self. He could not believe he could actually take care of his self. And when Myungsoo thought that Minseok will leave, he was wrong. He dragged him and he lost his balance and he landed at the carpet. "Trying to play tough, huh?", Minseok grinning widely.

He pinned him, and now he couldn't escape from him. He closed his eyes when he felt his breath on his neck.

"Leave! My boyfriend will kick you to dead if he finds you here." the only last reason he could think.

"Boyfriend? Who? I don't see anyone here. I'm your boyfriend." Minseok answers to him.

"His on his way now. I do have a boyfriend and he'll be here anytime soon and he'll beat you up bigtime!" scaring him off. He doesn't even know if his lies will work.

"Really? Looks to me you're not expecting anybody when I came here." Minseok telling him while smirking to him.

"He's coming. You think I'm just fooling around?"

"So what?" he stop when he heard the doorbell rings.

He quickly went to the door. He doesn't have a second thought to open, he doesn't even try to look at the peephole before opening it. Whoever it was, it was better than Minseok.

They were surprise when he finally open the door and revealed who it was.

"Hi! How are you? Did I wake you up?" the guy asks, the one whose standing in front of the door.

He thoroughly look at him first. It was the first time he saw him. He was handsome, well-groomed, and had a perfect physique to boot. He's wearing a plain navy blue polo shirt and a plaid pants.

"Huh? No-- not at all.", he said as fast as he can. He somehow felt secure with this new guy at his doorstep.

"Who is he?" the newly guy asks looking straight to Minseok.

"Huh? Just a friend. He's leaving now." Myungsoo look to Minseok direction "Right Hyung, you're going?"

"And who is him?" Minseok asks instead of leaving.

Myungsoo is thinking, he was thinking on what he was need to answer Minseok when "Hi! I'm Nam Woohyun. Nice to meet you." he offer his hand to Minseok for a handshake, and Minseok didn't have any excuses but to take the offer. "I'm his boyfriend." Woohyun continue saying.

He was surprised, what? Boyfriend? Did he heard it right? This guy telling Minseok that he is his boyfriend.

Minseok look at him, waiting for his confirmation. He look to Woohyun's direction and their eyes met each other then they stared for awhile. He smiled at him and he didn't know what it was with his smile that made his heart skip a beat. He could feel his heart racing. He was nervous.. but in a different way. He feel he was secure in his arm, that he will protect him. It wasn't about getting hurt.. it was about the fear of waking up from this dream.

He smiled back. "Hmm, its Nam Woohyun, my boyfriend." he sounded so sincere, he even fooled his self.