Second Chance

I Will Come To You Like The First Snow
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Wow... That pic of Haha is kinda hot, don't you think?

“Micky, do you think he will wake up soon?”

“Dunno, looking at the amount of alcohol he drank, it would probably take some more time for him to get up... Max, what are you doing?”

“Just a sip, hyung? This man drink so much, this liquid must tastes heavenly...”

“No Max, heaven forbids us to consume anything intoxicating!”

“Aww...”

“Oh look Micky, his eyes just twitched!”

“Oh you’re right, Xia. He might... MAX, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

“Aw Hyung! Just a little, please? This man didn’t even touch the cake, it would be such a waste~”

“LEAVE THE FOOD ALONE AND GET YOUR HERE!”

“Awww...”

The unusual commotion going on in the usually quiet house wake Yunho up from deep his slumber. The first thing he feel was the sharp pain that searing through his head once he tried to open his eyes. The ground around him was spinning and he feel that he could barf out everything he ate last night, Yunho face involuntarily scrunch in pain.

“are you okay?”

Hm?

Who?

As long as he remembered, he was home alone last night.

But the voice sounds awfully familiar...

Yunho open his eyes slowly, bearing the stinging pain on his head as more and more light were entering his pupils. Counting on how many seconds it took for his blurry vision to finally focusing on something or rather someone, three men to be exact, who apparently has been observing him in his sleep.

Three pair of wondering eyes were staring back at him with a curious look.

Yunho alternating his gaze between the three familiar faces in front of him. The hangover he felt earlier replaced by the bafflement for the sudden visit of his dongsaengs. Do they have an appointment today?

“Junsu... Yoochun... Changmin? What are you guys doing here?”

The three uninvited guests silently exchanging glance with each other.

“I think he is talking to You, Max” The one with the long platinum hair whispered to the one beside him, the tall lanky boy whose hair looks like the statue of liberty, only it was in charcoal black color.

“No, he is clearly talking to you...”

“He is talking to US..” The one with permed brunette hair and a visor on his head cut the conversation between his two clueless companion.

Yunho was baffled. He rub his eyes as he shook his head roughly to make sure he is not imagining things. Now that he get a good look at it, the three awfully familiar faces looks too young to be the faces of men on his late 20s, the ages his dongsaengs should be. Now that his visions has fully focused, his shift his attention to the outfit the three men are wearing.

He couldn’t help cursing, seeing how horrendous his dongsaeng outfit looks, even their handsome face didn’t helping at all.

“What kind of disaster are you guys wearing?! Are we here to celebrate halloween or what?!” Either that, or I am just really drunk. Yunho wonder out loud.

“See, Max?! HA! Told you your hair looks horrible!” The one who looks like the overly feminized-version of Junsu chimed loudly.

“WHAT?! Are you making fun of my hair?! HA! You don’t know the history behind it don’t you?! These spikes was carved dilligently one by one from the finest black diamond that our ancestors...”

“FOR GOD SAKE, HE’S TALKING ABOUT US!” The young version of Yoochun shout, immediately shut The two chatterbox behind him.

This is the first time Jung Yunho ever feel THIS weirded out.

So there are 3... strangers? Yunho didn’t even sure. But, their faces are just a complete replica of his dongsaengs on their teen days, the similarity was too precise, even down to their voices. wearing what looks like lady gaga-hands down costume, and apparently having a childish banter in his house..

.....

Either that, or the alcohol he consumed last night has totally wrecked his brain. 

(a.n. okay, it will take too long if i had to describe their costume in this scene, and i am too lazy, lol. So to shorten things out, yoosumin are wearing their outfit on triangle era)

“Howdy, human!”

Yunho was waken up from his reverie when mini Yoochun offer him his hand.

“Name’s Micky...” The man with the black visor said. “This is Xia, and this is Max.” He is pointing to the man with the long platinum hair and the one with spiky hair, who are standing several step behind him.

“We’re Dong Bang Shin Ki. A group of deity apprentices. We’re here to help you find true happiness” The man added, with what Yunho interpret as a bussiness smile.

Yunho look at the man like he had grown two heads. Say what?! He eyed the three men with suspicious eyes.

Had his dongsaengs gone crazy or what?

Why did these friends acting so childish all of sudden? Whats with the ridiculous name?! Rising Gods of East my ... Are they pulling a lousy prank on him or what?!

...Or they are not Junsu Changmin and Yoochun to begin with? This is not some kind of new pyramid plotting, right?

Ignoring the man in front of him, Yunho abruptly get up from his seat. Startling the other presences on the room.

This must be a mere hallucination. Im having a hella weird of a hangover.

“I... I think i need a shower, a really cold shower” Yunho mutter to no one in particular. His gaze wandering everywhere but to the strange ‘visual hallucination’ that materialized right in front of him, he quickly skipped his step toward the bathroom. Oddly enough, even though he was convinced that what he is seeing are nothing but hallucination, he still manuevering his way carefully, avoiding any kind of contact with the so called ‘imaginary’ object.

“Take your time~!” The platinum haired Junsu chirped.

“AH!” Yunho closed both of his ears quickly.

Oh right, apparently, his imagination can talk too. “Shower! I just need a really long... cold shower!” Yunho chants lowly, speeding his step to the bathroom.

Yunho smiles at his reflection on the mirror as he shaves his chin. Apparently, after taking an hour of cold shower, his mind finally stop imagining things. And he feel so refreshed.

“Ouch!” Yunho accidentally hurt himself with the razor blade. He hissed as he is opening the bathroom cabinet, trying to find a band aid, and quickly paste it on his face. After sometime inspecting his face, Yunho open the bathroom door, ready to start the day. What a way to start my day... He chuckled to himself.

“OH! Have you finished, Human?”

The bubbly high pitched voice with a close up of cheerful face of young Junsu was the first thing greets Yunho when he open the bathroom door. The towel he used to dry his hair dropped to the floor cause he was too shocked by the sudden appearance.

“great! I was just about to come in and ask you if i can eat this” Max shouted from the kitchen table, his mouth already full of what looks like a sponge cake, vanilla frosting smeared all over his face. The questionable cake already dissappeared from sight.

Yunho jaw drops. He was petrified. Not only because the three ‘imaginary friends’ has appear again in front of him, but also because how of a mess the state of his living room and kitchen has miraculously become... only in 60 minutes of his absence.

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?!

“woof! Woof!” Something coming from the corner of his sight caught Yunho attention.

 And oh boy, did he almost Had a heart attack. his almond shaped eyes widen thrice of its actual size.

His siberian husky fur had turned into a hideous color of purple and green.

“TAEPOONG!” Yunho shrieked.

“Oh, That. Xia got bored of waiting and decide to try out some useless miracle. Don’t worry, the effect will worn out soon. Ow owww That hit the right spoooott~ never know human world have some interesting stuff too” Micky moan from the top of massaging chair, trying to calm the clueless human, but actually failing a big time.

“Do you like it? I colored him with the color of Barney~” Xia chirped with a little glint of hope shimmering on his eyes, clearly expecting a compliment.

Yunho was too flabbergasted to utter any kind of answer.

Xia nodded contently, assuming the man silence as an approval of his newly developed grooming skill.

“No need to thank me. I like cute and pretty things too! now, lets talk, human!” Xia cherrfully approach Yunho and pull his hand.

“AAAAACK!” Yunho shout. Immediately retracting his hand back ininstinct, startling Xia, Micky, and Max. The three immediately throw a questioning gaze toward the traumatized man.

“Y-Yo-Yo-you can touch me...?!” Yunho hand, no, his whole body was shaking.

So now, his imagination not only are capable of talking, but also touching him! And now he can palpably feel their gaze on him. like their presence is actually real!

“What are you talking about? Of course we can, in this human form at least. If not, how are we supposed to complete our final assignment?” Xia answered with shrug “Now, now, please hear us out so we can start our assignment...” Xia held Yunho hand once again and drag him to the living room couch as if he is proving his point.

Yunho has suddenly feeling weak and lose all the will to fight back.

The wine he bought last night must be a really strong one.

“So Just like what we said before, we are the deity apprentices...”

Yunho still refuse to recognize the bizzare presences in front of him. his eyes nervously roaming all over the place but to the 3 peculiar appearances. He couldn’t help but to feel nervous. Has his brain finally break down or what?

The three whimsical being are busy rambling things that Yunho didn’t bother to listen to.

“excuse me Yunho-ssi, but do you hear Us?” Max interrupted his train of thought

“What?” Yunho was taken aback. “You know my name?!”

Micky sighed, finally he gain this human attention, now they have to explain everything all over again. “Of course. We’re here to help you find your happiness back”

“That is our last assignment before we can graduate and become a full fledged deities.” Xia chirped with a little bit of too much excitement. Taepoong is leisurely napping on his lap, his fur now colored green and yellow. The color of Crong, he said.

“our assessor had conducted a survey beforehand and decided to make you the subject of our last assignment.” Max added,

Yunho finally perks up. “What? wait. Me? Why?” Yunho decide to finally cut in and dwell on this nonsense. They won’t dissapear even if Yunho try to ignore him anyway, so he might as well play along in this absurd dream.

The three exchanging looks. “That... we aren’t informed of...” Micky trailed off.

“But You know, the past subjects are either a very good humans who commited a grave mistake and were given the second chance, or good humans who unfortunately born with a rotten luck. Anyway, we are usually given a task of helping good people, so don’t worry.” Max thoughtfully added. Hoping their ‘human subject’ would finally let his guard down.

Yunho furrow his brows, alas his bow shaped lips are smiling in amusement. A thing that Yunho rarely felt in these past years. So it means that apparently he is a ‘good human’

should i feel flattered?

“So... Yunho-ssi, tell Us What will make You happy?” Xia  ask Yunho up straight with curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

Yunho was startled. The smile that was shown briefly on his lips start to glum down. Even before he managed to think of an answer, an image of certain beautiful blonde man already flashed on his mind. He bit his quivering lips before open it up to utter an answer.

“I know! I know!” Xia interrupted, didn’t realizing the sudden turn of the atmosphere yet. “It’s this. right?” He added, holding a familiar piece of portrait of a beautiful man in white wedding suit that he took from a drawer in living room. “Look Micky, look Max. this must be his lover. Anyone would be happy with a lover this pretty!”

Max and Micky peeks at the photo Xia is holding, taking a closer look at what the overactive deity is talking about. “Oooooooh. You’re right. He is so pretty, even prettier than any deities i have ever seen.”Max can’t even contain his fascination.

“Yah! What are you doing having a night feast all alone when you can share with your pretty lover? tell Us where he is. We can bring him here in a heartbeat! Its easy! You get your happiness, and we get our diploma. It’s a win-win!” The three of them already starting up a little celebration with a loud ‘mansae’ imagining how easy their last assessment will be.

“Can you?” Yunho ask lowly. His face is devoid from any kind of expression. The smile he had earlier had already long gone.

“Of course, its our task to help you find your happiness. Just tell Us where he is, and we will bring him back here in a wink of eyes!” Xia cheerfully chimes in. Not knowing what he was agreeing to.

“Even if... He is no longer live in this world?” come Yunho last question. His hollow brown eyes coldly stare straight to the three deities. He balled both of his fist trying hard not to raise any hopeful thought. This is only a dream. This is nothing but a bizzare dream. He chants on his head

The cheerful atmosphere suddenly died down.

“what?” Micky, Xia and Max simultaneously ask, all trace of the cheerful laughter that the three just had suddenly wiped out.

“He died... three years ago... someone took his life right in front of me...” Yunho trailed, averting his eyes from the three, to the empty air in front of him. “Even so... can you still bring him back to me?”

The three deities exchanging a worried look. They gathered up once more, this time putting up some distance from the only human in that room. conducting an emergency discussion.

“Look at what you did! We are supposed to bring him happiness. Not to make him mourn!” Max scold The platinum haired deity as he lightly hit his head.

Xia eyes start gleaming, thinking that they had failed their last assessment. “Omo, what to do Micky-ah? The assessor didn’t tell Us that he had lost his lover in such a cruel way. That must be the reason why he looks so lifeless all the time we observe him from above. We can’t revive the death, its forbidden” He lowly shrieked while trying to keep his voice down.

Yunho chuckled grimly, he somehow can still hear what the three is talking about despite the distance they put.

Yunho sighed. Even if its only in a dream, a godly being such as deities can’t even grant his wish...

...

Ah... its here again, the numb feeling of his hope crashing down...

“Cough” Micky hesitantly interrupted Yunho train of thought. “Um... well, Yunho-ssi. Is there anything else we can do to..”

Yunho slowly raise up from the couch he was sitting. “What are you talking about. Im happy as it is. Look!” He said in a forced light tone, showing a wide smile that doesn’t even reach his eyes, anyone could easily know that it wasn’t a sincere one. “You have passed your last assessment or whatever it is, congratulation! Now, if you’d let me, i have to prepare for work...” Yunho turned, ready to leave.

“Oh my god. Even his retreating back look so lonely” Micky whisppered to the two.

“Max, Can we do something for him? Why do good people always having it harder?” The one with the weakest heart, Xia, ask the smartest out of them. His eyes and nose already get wet by unshed tears. He hides his face on Max arms.

“Dont wipe your snot on me”

“Im sorry”

Max is deep in thought. He always get a straight A’s for all kind of tasks that were assigned to him. So he refused to fail this one.

It seems like there’s something they still can do. Max closed his eyes, trying to remind every single of miracle that they had learned up to this moment.

“Wait!” Max shouted, finally remember a miracle that might be useful.  His voice loud enough to stop Yunho track. “There is still one thing we could do... To bring you to meet your... lover.” He said hesitantly, like he wasn’t even sure of what he is talking about. His mismatched eyes carefully learning Yunho expression.

Xia send Micky a confuse glance, who turns out is just as confused as him, clearly not getting what the spiky haired deity is talking about.

Did Max just suggest to revive the dead lover? Oh no! Even if it was for the sake of their last assessment, it was still too dangerous. If The Deity assossiation somehow catch them using a forbidden spell, not only they will be disqualified from this examination term, but they will surely stripped out of their Deity status and probably sent to Hell. Oh no!

Xia whimpers quitely, he was lost in his own wild thoughts. I don’t want to live in Hell. I heard that they served baked puppies for dinner there!I love puppies, I want to hug them, not eat them!~

“We... we can bring you back to the time when your lover was still alive.” Max look over his shoulder, exchanging look between his two clueless companion who apparently still couldn’t grasp what he meant.

“We can?” Xia inaudibly mouthed to Micky who in turns just shrug his sho

Please log in to read the full chapter