LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH KIMBAB_SSI.....

INTERVIEW OF KIMBAB_SSI......

PART 2 ALL ABOUT WRITING FANFICTIONS.....

TINA:  How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
KIMMI:  This is one of the moments where I can’t even forget in my life! It happened just a day before one of my semester exam. I still remember I was studied for the exam while listening to dbsk songs and out of nowhere my mind was distracted; the urge to write about Yunjae came with the idea keep bugging my mind. I couldn’t block it out. Instead of study for the exam tomorrow, I ended up writing what was playing in my head in the middle of the night. I just need to get everything out of my mind before I lost my muse. ^^

TINA:  What made you to sit down and actually write something?
KIMMI:  When the muse came, and the mood and emotion just right to make me move my finger on the keyboard. It’s just happen and won’t stop until I run out of idea.

TINA:  What is the first fanfic you completed?
KIMMI:  The first fanfic I wrote is ‘Vacant of heart’, but the first completed is ‘Love on ride.’

TINA:  How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
KIMMI:  It was that night before the exam. ^^ It was a very long time ago around 2008. If I’m not mistaken, it was when I listening to DBSK or should I say Tohoshinki’s song titled ‘forever love’, since it’s a song from their Japanese album. It’s a sad song, that’s why ‘vacant of heart’ came out to be a sad story. Lol.

TINA:  Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
KIMMI:  Nooo… blame it on YunJae! Because of them, my hand was itchy to write about them. Their friendship is something. And I solely write YunJae’s story, never write anything else beside this fandom. Let’s just say YunJae is my passion of writing.

TINA:  Have you ever plagued by doubts on your storyline?
KIMMI:  Always.

TINA:  How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
KIMMI:  Never promote them, just feel free to write and post. The readers who intrigue with the stories will keep following.

TINA:  Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
KIMMI:  Always. It’s true that I write what I love to and freely post it up. But sometime there’s a feeling of doubting if what I wrote is something immature and there is no message in the story that could be deliver or worth writing. So, what’s the point of writing. ‘I write because I love it’ that’s true… but I don’t like it when the story doesn’t have the feeling that could touch the reader’s heart. That’s what I thought. But I know there’s a different between writing a fanfic and novel. Basically people come to read fanfic about their bias ones, that’s enough to give them the enjoyment.

TINA:  Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
KIMMI:  I do. I’m an observance type of person. The name is catzchii. ^^ Am I a creepy author to remember this? Lol. This person has been following me from winglin.net. Even that website also doesn’t exist anymore. I appreciate my readers and those who ever dropped comments. I would easily notice them. Because I even make a chart of how much readers I gain or loss for every chapter I’ve updated. From that I recognized each of my readers’ names. So, based on this I can see if the flow of the story was getting interesting or not. If the chart shows my subs number dropped, so I know that I need to revise the plotline instead of dropping the story, or delete it. This might sound too serious for writing a fanfic right…^^ But that’s how I grown with my writing, from a foolish type of story to mature ones. But now, I don’t have time to study like that anymore. Maybe later I will catch up again. Lol!

TINA:  How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
KIMMI:  No preparation. Once the idea bugging your head, just open anything… your tab, phone or laptop, then start typing!

TINA:  Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
KIMMI:  Some fics I like the ideas or inspirations comes, just like ‘My boo is all I wanted’ or ‘My boo is all I need.’ But mostly I already see how the story will ended. For example like my fics ‘Clarity of love’ and ‘Indisputable love’, I’ve already arranged the plot line of the stories. If later another idea come, I’ll just revise them.

TINA:  When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
KIMMI:  Random. It just comes like that, and when that time happened, I just need to type it down on my phone.

TINA:  What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
KIMMI:  Mostly people brain will start roaming when they are in silence or alone right? So… most of the time at night before we sleep, or where else we could be alone if not in the toilet doing the business. Lol! I was in the toilet and that was when the idea for ‘Makeover’ came. XD

TINA:  How much research do you do for your story?
KIMMI:  Hmm… not much. Just when I feel the need to research on something I’m not exposed or used to for the character’s profession or something, I’ll study beforehand.

TINA:  What is the easiest part of writing?
KIMMI:  When there’s a gush of ideas, and your hand can’t stop typing.

TINA:  What is the hardest part of writing a story?
KIMMI:  When run out of ideas, and your hand stop typing.

TINA:  The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.
When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
KIMMI:  Oh, this is my weakness! It took me so long. Not days, months…but years. It happened on my first fanfic, ‘Vacant of heart’. That’s why the fic might be the first fanfic I write, but not the first one to complete. I do nothing, it just the feeling of dislike to finish what I’ve started is strong. So I forced myself to still write it even couldn’t see how it will end, and slowly the feeling and the muse comeback. I hate abandon the thing.

TINA:  Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
KIMMI:  Hmm… I don’t know if it working on other writers, but for me I would watching Yunjae’s video, listening to any music that could inspired me based on its lyrics. But there’s another method that worked on me, I would usually reread my old completed fanfics so the inspiration will break my writer’s block. :D

TINA:  Have you written any collaboration with other author’s? If yes name of the fanfic.
KIMMI:  Nope.

TINA:  How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
KIMMI:  I prefer to write as a third person actually. And a very long chapter per update. But sometimes I’m afraid I just scribbled something unnecessary, the chapter becomes lengthy, and the reader getting bored of it.

TINA:  How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
KIMMI:  Obviously I did notice. Just compared the first 3 fanfics I wrote with the latest ones. I admit that I feel embarrassed of my old fics. Some were badly written, in term of grammar. (>_<)

TINA:  How important are readers and their comments?
KIMMI:  As I’ve mentioned… My readers are my biggest supporters. Their comments are my source of encouragements. So, both are important.

TINA:  I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment..Any words for silent readers?
KIMMI:  For silent readers, a simple word of ‘done reading’ also will do. At least I know, there’s more people have read what I wrote. :)

TINA:  Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
KIMMI:  Lots. There are lots of other awesome YunJae fanfics out there.  But the one that I love the most is the one that able to make me cry and woke up the next morning to class with red-swollen eyes a long ago. I cried so much when read it. It’s titled, ‘My Lovely Kim Jaejoong’. I don’t know… I love this story up until now. The story has it all, beautifully written, full of emotions, and well-plotted. It’s a very old story and the author has stop writing like since ages ago. For a fluff, cute adorable fanfics, my favourite are ‘Possessive’ and ‘Only the ring finger knows’. All these stories are written on winglin before. And some have been reposted on asianfanfic by other, I think.

TINA:  Are you friends with any other author’s?
KIMMI:  Yes… mostly here in aff.

TINA:  How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
KIMMI:  I don’t know, because I never think any strategy for that. I just write it in my own style. The rest is all about the readers will keep following it or not.

TINA:  Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
KIMMI:  Yes, I found few written in Indonesian, Vietnamese and Spanish. Some have emailed me personally, asking for permission. But some didn’t. At first I don’t understand why the poster of my stories could be on the foreign site, but when I google translate it was 100% a copy of my fic. That was when I decided to start locking my fics.

TINA:  Thoughts on others stealing your work?
KIMMI:  It was not nice to steal other people story and even the artwork without credit to its original author or creator.

TINA:  How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
KIMMI:  Ugh, I hate this question… because I failed to manage my time that’s why I keep being on hiatus. Don’t ask me this, because the only answer I could give is failure. T_T

TINA:  Do you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
KIMMI:  Yesss… at night when everyone sleep. ^^

TINA:  your favorite genre to write?
KIMMI:  Romance, drama, fluff!


ALL ABOUT THE STORIES............

TINA:  Tells us a few words on the fanfic “LOVE ON RIDE”.Inspiration behind this fanfic?
KIMMI: This one is inspired by a shojou  manga (comic) I forgot the title. It’s been so long, about yunjae high school life.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“THIS CLUMSINESS”.
KIMMI:  At first I just feel the need to write about JaeSu. More like a brotherly relationship, but then it turn out to be so dramatic once Yunho also get into the story. Lol! And I like to make a slight twist to the story.

TINA: Tell us about
“VACANT OF HEART”?
KIMMI:  I just feel the urge to write about Jaejoong getting revenge on Yunho who was already in a crushed state. Sometime I can be a sadistic author when the mood comes. ^^

TINA:  Inspiration behind the fanfic
“HE IS ALL THAT”?
KIMMI:  This fanfic is a mixed of my idea and a manga titled ‘Hot gimmick’.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“CLARITY OF LOVE”?
KIMMI:  My first Yunjae forcedly-married fanfic. The feeling when write this story is always overwhelming! A bittersweet feeling.

TINA: Tells us about the fanfic
“BACK TO TOMORROW”. thoughts and inspiration behind the fanfic?
KIMMI:  It started with the feeling to write about Yunjae in a student-teacher relationship. And after keep pondering into it, the idea just expanded itself.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“MY BOO IS ALL I WANTED”.
KIMMI:  This is the only fanfic that I don’t have any plotline arranged. Just write it without knowing how it’s going to end.

TINA: Can we hope for an update in the near future for the sequel
“MY BOO IS ALL I NEED”?
KIMMI:  Yes, I’m going to update it soon.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“MAKEOVER”?
KIMMI:  I've fun when write this one. Maybe because the story is not too heavy. I’ve plan to write an epilogue tho.

TINA: Few words on the three shot
“STILL”. inspiration behind this bitter sweet fanfic.
KIMMI:  Oh, this one… how to say it. It's my first dead-fic ever. The idea of writing it just popped up in my mind when I was listening to this korean song, ‘walking through the time of remembrance’ by Nell. When I listened to it while study the lyric, the idea of this story just came to me smoothly.

TINA:  Still writing or have you stopped now?
KIMMI:  Still writing.

TINA:  Any future yunjae fanfics you are working on?
KIMMI:  What a question… haha… For now, I have three-shot fanfic. It’s already complete but I’m afraid to post it because I have another long-awaited-unfinished fanfics line up to be update, my readers will throw a tantrum if I ever dare to post a new one when others are not updated like ages. (>_<)  But, still considering posting it soon since it’s already done.


All ABOUT .....

TINA: Tells us why are we so interested to read taboo topics when it comes to yunjae? Ex. ,cheating,home wrecker etc.
KIMMI:  It’s because we’ve been craving to watch their interaction again, or due to our passion or obsess toward the couple? I don’t know about everyone else, but for me it’s simply because of Yunho and Jaejoong we discussed about. For a fan that has been following them for so long, we know how close they are even before their debut, during those years of training. And what kind of life and hardships they have been through together. Even watching a small interaction of these two could bring an excitement and feeling warm inside.

TINA:  How difficult or easy is writing ?
KIMMI:  Very difficult for me who rarely write it. Lol. Truthfully… I’m not a writer. My readers know… most of my fics are clean to read. ^^ Only few fics that I feel the need to write and have a reason to do so, then I’ll do. I’m not into actually.

TINA:  Do you blush or get embarrassed while writing ?
KIMMI:  Hmm… just feel natural after tried to dismiss that embarrassment. XD

TINA:  How do you write the scene? What is the inspiration?
KIMMI:  Haha… what a difficult question… seriously making me feel awkward. ^^ Well, just read ones from other YunJae’s story.

TINA:  Have you ever watched GV(gay videos) before writing a scene? (U can choose to ignore this if u doesn’t want to answer)
KIMMI: Oh, honestly never.

TINA:  Has any family member or friends have ever walked on you while writing a scene?
KIMMI:  Never.

TINA:  Thoughts after writing your first ever scene?
KIMMI:  I have a doubt to delete the chapter. Lol!

TINA:  What is the secret of writing a scene that turns on your readers?
KIMMI:  I don’t think it will make anyone turn on. My -writing is not that ty. I would love to call it a love-making, rather than just blindly write without a reason. Usually I’ll write it when a certain part in the chapter needed it.

TINA:  It is so heart breaking when u see your favorite authors deleting their journals or accounts, taking away the chance to reread some of your favorite stories… and having those wonderful stories lost.. Have you anytime in future have plans on deleting your journal?
KIMMI:  No…

TINA:  Any words for the readers?
KIMMI: I’m back now and IL (Indisputable Love will be constantly updated by now).


END OF PART 2.