Prologue.

The Silver Tree [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue. Once upon a time…

 

The kids sat next to their Dowager Empress, expecting to hear one of her stories about pirates, wizards, demons, princes and princesses, plots to get the throne, wars and all the tales that the old and creative woman could imagine. Those stories were the Dowager Empress way to escape from the walls of the Forbidden City, and let the young children dream they could achieve anything if they truly believed in something. Her stories were so popular that even the eunuchs, maids and concubines came to her private gardens, to listen whatever she would explain. The Dowager Empress had always been known for her ability with words and talent to make anyone fall in love with her voice imitations. Every month, the Empress would reunite the whole Harem, so the Dowager Empress could tell them one of her stories Even the ladies who had discord between them came, intrigued by what other incredible adventures the old lady would explain.

 

"Please, grandmother, tell us again the story of the legendary Silver Dragons!"

 

"Again, young Imperial Crown Prince?"

 

"Yes, please, please, please…" the First princess insisted.

 

"Why do you like that story so much, my grandchildren?"

 

"Because the nobleman and the princess lived happily ever after at the end, after all the suffering."

 

"But they were poor and had no power!" the Third Imperial Prince complained.

 

"The poorest of men can feel as much joy as the richest one. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter