Review by supshaz

Darkchild.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

●Title- 4.5/5

It’s something that’d personally catch my eye for sure, although I certainly cannot speak for others. I loved the repetition throughout that further emphasised that title given to Joon. At first I even though it was a typo lol! (How dark and child was in one whole word~XD) How silly was I?

The symbolism here is really intense. But I’d love the title to include the word ‘my’ as well to make it even more significant, while it can at the same time relates to the first person point of view the story was written in~ But damn high score for the title or what! :D

 

●Appearance- 7/10

Gah! There’s no background!! Such a pity~ a soft textured BG that reflects that same kind of genres would have been nice you know~ they are not hard to find to be honest~:D

Although with the previous point stated, the blending here is magnificent though! The pictures and the colours chosen are very indicative; at the same time they present some kind of insights as well.

But I have to say the actual poster structure is slightly disappointing. I don’t like how the pictures are positioned, there is so much space left and everything looked crammed together. That being said though I think it’d be better on the eyes if the poster was vertical~ (my opinion though! O_O)

 

●Description & Foreword- 7.8/10

To be honest, I had to double check with the Description section before I could move on lol! It was a tad bit confusing for me when I first got in touch with it. Darkchild? What about it? What else can Darkchild be? Those questions kept running in my mind but I managed to grasp the meaning behind those sentences eventually. But it did take me some effort~ I don’t really like the sound of that though, because Description needs to be forthright enough in order to capture that moment of interest hidden within readers, don’t you agree?

That being said when one captures the actual meaning of those few sentences, a lot of information are exposed about the plot, characters, genres (probably) etc. And since it's a story written for someone you know so I guess not a lot of formality is needed. So I didn’t take away too many marks~ :D

 

 

 

 

 

 ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ 

 

 

 

 

●Creativity/Originality: 5/5

Need more to be said? You totally nailed this section girl! This original plot line is no doubt something new, and it’s a plot line that absolutely requires wreckage of the brain to write. But you’ve got some amazing imagination going on there, no way can I write anything about pilots lol!

Anything I love about your creativity would be how you have twists even within the characters’ personas: I love how their individualities are twirled and played around a bit. 

 

●Plot- 9.5/10

Well well, first of all I have to say I really, really enjoyed your way of revealing the main perspective at the beginning: “Things were finally looking up for Bang Cheolyong. “(chp1) I was about to give pointers on how you needed to include direct character introduction at the very beginning seeing how you’ve decided to open the story in a first person POV, but I saw no need to do so later lol~

Although the events were slightly repetitive, each contained a unique element that further added or enriched the relationship between the two. Each time the two met there would be a little surprise, whether the surprise was on the characters’ relationships, or the characters themselves~

Lastly, I really want to comment on the theme/ message of this story. It’s hard to find a story with a theme that is striking, inspiring and absolutely educational in a way (stop your giggling now!XD) But it’s one true fact. I learned something reading your story, and that comes so rarely nowadays with fanfics~ <3

 

●Flow: 9/10

It’s a really short story but it’s definitely written in an awesome manner. But to me – and just me probably – I’d have loved if maybe even just a little bit more, there were more occurrences that could bring the two characters together even closer before they started to really ‘show’ their feelings lol! (The linking hands event)

The way you end chapters (or the story) was absolutely intriguing. For the first two chapters, each gives off this aura that kept readers wanting for more, whether it was an ending filled with joy orardour(chp1); or a tragic, tear-jerking one(chp2); But as for the final ending, it was clear, and frank. It gave off this vibe of ‘Perfect ending’, whether it was a typical happy one or not~ I really enjoyed it and each time I pressed the ‘next’ button almost immediately lol! 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter