Darkchild.

Darkchild.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He left that next morning to rendezvous with his squadron before taking off to fly his twentieth mission. The only thing I regretted was knowing that I had fallen for him when there was a high chance he wasn't coming back. But I was powerless whenever it came to him. 

My Darkchild. 

The times between and during our visits were varied until he finally became stationed at the base near my home. Still, each time he returned late, or was away on a long mission, I found myself bent over the toilet bowl, throwing up every mouthful of food I had eaten that day. He was just buried that deep in my heart. 

It was during one such mission that I found myself head first in the toilet that it began to rain. I feared that the rain was an omen to my lovers demise, and this only served me to retch more. I rinsed my mouth and brushed my teeth, before sitting on the lounge and crying softly. 

A soft, timid knock sounded on the door and I leapt to my feet. I flung the door open and saw Changsun before me. His expression softened instantly before he looked around behind him and stepped inside, shutting the door behind him. 

He brought his hands to my waist and pushed me up against the wall, bringing his lips down over mine like fire. My knees felt like jelly and my stomach trembled with kept-up butterflies, but I just wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back with an equal passion. I opened my eyes as we kissed and looked at his handsome profile. His eyes were squeezed shut and tears slid from between his long lashes. I frowned but brought my lips against his harder, attempting to convey my feelings through a purely physical medium. 

He pulled away, pushing me tighter against the wall and pulling himself closer into me, resting his head on my shoulder. We were so close that I was having trouble breathing, but the relief and ecstasy I felt from being able to see him were far outweighing my need for oxygen. 

"I can't even begin to w-word how much I n-need you." He whispered against my skin. 

I his hair lightly and listened to his soft sobs. I felt his hands on my hips grip like he was afraid I was going to run away. 

"I dreamed...that s-someone took you from m-me. I couldn't... I, I-"

"Shhh...Changsun, baby, it's ok. I would never just be 'taken'. You're the only one for me."

It was only now, as he wept like a broken man against my shoulder, that I realized he walked here in the rain and was soaked through. 

"Changsun, come on, you're soaking wet, let's get you warmed up."

He pulled away from me and my insides seemed to freeze over. I gasped suddenly. 

"What's wrong, B-boo?" He held my hands tightly. 

"I just...when you left...I felt empty." He smiled a secretive smile and put his arm back around my waist, pulling me to his side as we walked to the living area. 

"I'm always here, Mir."




The next time I saw him was certainly not on my terms. The phrase 'worry yourself sick' had never seemed more real to me then now. It had been the start of winter and I was paranoid for his return. I had come down with something and set myself to bed, leaving the front door unlocked in the faint hope that he would come. 

But, I couldn't let him see me like this. 

I had never despised my looks, but whenever I was sick I seemed utterly repulsive, and wanted to curl up somewhere and hide. Unfortunately, the phrase 'you cant hide from yourself' was also painfully true. 

I heard his soft knock on the door and then the sound of the knob twisting open. 

"Cheolyong?"

The sound of his voice sent shivers all through me. I was so unbelievably attracted to this man, that I could barely contain myself. I responded softly and listened to his approaching footsteps. He stepped through the door to my room and I trembled with excitement. 

"Oh, Cheolyong, you're sick aren't you?"

I pouted at him and made grabbing motions with my hands. He sighed and sat beside me, the bed dipping under his weight. He my face softly. 

"I missed you, Boo. I really did."

"I missed you too, Darkchild."

"Yeah, but I missed you more."

I stuck my tongue out. 

"No, I missed YOU more! See, I'm sick from how much I missed you!"

I slapped my hands over my mouth, looking up at him with wide eyes. His expression fell and his hand on my cheek stilled. 

"Really?" Clearly, my silence was enough of a response. "I'm so sorry, Cheolyong. I'm a terrible person."

"Why? You can't help that you're back late!"

"That's not it." He looked off. I took his face betw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter