Third Year (Part 6)

Playing God (Hogwarts AU)

THE GRYFFINDORS

 

    “Who knew the Hufflepuffs would turn out to have an amazing team this year,” Jeongyeon said to Jihyo next to her, wide open in awe. Her big brown eyes quickly followed the players on their brooms as they zoomed above the Quidditch pitch, playing one of the best school matches the pair had ever seen.

 

    “Our team should definitely be worried,” Jihyo agreed, eating a licorice wand as she too paid close attention to the game at hand. The Hufflepuff team was dominating Slytherin eighty to thirty, the Snitch still up for fair game. As to be expected the Slytherins were playing dirty, their Beaters physically hitting the Hufflepuff team’s brooms with their bats instead of the bludger. The Hufflepuffs though were playing beautifully clean with hardly any fouls. For a match played by unprofessionals, the game was enticing to watch.

 

    “I’m glad the Greenies are finally getting what they deserve,” Jeongyeon grumbled, cradling her bandaged right hand in her free arm. She didn’t know how long her grudge would last towards the house that had fused her palm to a table in the library, but she knew that the anger fueled her unsportsmanship. She had slept stuck overnight in the giant library, until the early hours of the morning when the librarian had found her and casted a charm to finally but painfully release her. Nonetheless, Jeongyeon was pissed and from today forward she would be plotting her revenge.

 

    “Normally I don’t wish the worst upon others but I can’t say that I don’t agree,” Jihyo said eloquently through yet another mouthful of licorice. A Hufflepuff player rushed past the two girls’ faces, leaving them breathless in admiration.

 

    “That girl is an amazing chaser,” Jeongyeon grinned, leaning over her seat to watch the Hufflepuff girl fly around the pitch, weaving through other players and eventually scoring another ten points for her house. “I reckon she could become professional.” Jihyo pulled out more candy from her purse and handed some to her best friend.

 

    “She’s brilliant. I mean she scored half of the points in this game alone. I wonder if that is some sort of record.”

 

Jeongyeon pondered this for a moment, briefly jealous. She wished she was half the player this girl was. Of course she was good but this Hufflepuff was amazing, threading between players like she was cutting butter or flying through an empty pitch. Her technique was beautiful. Jeongyeon wondered if maybe she should ask for pointers after the game.

 

    “Do you think she will give me her autograph?” Jeongyeon asked which made Jihyo giggle and shake her head.

 

    “If anything, there will be a line waiting to get it. After this game, the girl will undoubtedly become one of the most popular girls in school. No one can resist an amazing Quidditch player.” Jihyo told her in sort of a calculated manner. Jengoyeon shrugged, sitting back down in her seat, a mischievous smile spread across her lips.

 

“No wonder I get all the girls,” she teased which received more laughter and grins from her friend beside her.

 

    “Shut up.”