First Year (Part 3)

Playing God (Hogwarts AU)

THE GRYFFINDORS

 

 

The early afternoon was the new students’ first flying lesson and Jeongyeon was beyond eager. There were things she was absolutely sure of when it came to Hogwarts: She was going to get into Gryffindor (she did), she was going to get the best grades in all of her classes, and she was going to be a Keeper on the quidditch team. Back home her parents forbid her from flying her older sister’s brooms but naturally, when they left her home alone Jeongyeon would try her best to practice. Over all Jeongyeon had thought she pretty much got the gist of flying even though she had never actually moved anywhere except for hovering a few feet off the ground. But Jeongyeon was both equally stubborn and optimistic; she thought that “practice” was all she needed.

 

Out at the quidditch pitch all of the first years from each house gathered in a giant circle, each student spaced out with an old splintery broom in their dominant hand.

 

“Plant your feet firmly,” the flying instructor had called out at the crowd of restless kids. “Shoulder width apart.”

 

Jeongyeon dug her heels firmly into the grass, gripping onto the handle of the broom so hard her knuckles turned white.

 

“On three kick off as hard as you can. One… two… three!”

 

She was off the ground and quickly kept flying higher and higher while the most of the other first years were struggling to get even a few feet off the grass. Jeongyeon was good and she knew it and she couldn’t wait to show it off. She’d prove herself if it was that last thing she did on earth.

 

Watch out Slytherin, She thought with a mischievous smirk.