Third Year (Part 10)

Playing God (Hogwarts AU)

The Slytherins

 

That next morning was strange for lack of a better word. Sana had woken up terribly hungover and drooling against her pillow in only her underwear. Yeri had woken her up (with extreme difficulty) to tell her that the girls were all going to the Dining Hall for breakfast. Despite not wanting to ago and feeling absolutely sick to her stomach she had to go, Nayeon made it mandatory. However the last thing that Sana wanted was to hear about Nayeon’s late night successes.

 

As Sana entered the Dining Hall she found her clique at their usual spot at the Slytherin table. As she approached began to dry when she noticed Jennie sitting next to Nayeon, instantly remembering what had happened between them last night. Sana suddenly had an overwhelming urge to run quickly out of the Dining Hall and never ever return. But she couldn’t.

 

“You overslept again,” Nayeon stated, not even bothering to look in Sana’s direction as Sana sat down.

 

“I think I drank a little too much last night,” Sana explained shortly, nausea settling in her stomach. She reached out to grab a single slice of toast.

 

“I figured,” Nayeon responded sipping on a cup of tea. The table was quiet for a moment before Nayeon spoke again. “I heard Jennie had to practically drag you up the stairs.”

 

Sana glanced up at Jennie who didn’t hesitate to look her silently in the eye. Sana’s cheeks began to feel warm and she hoped her blush wasn’t noticeable. They really shouldn’t have done what they did last night no matter how good it felt. It was too reckless.

 

“What else did you hear?” Sana had to ask. She had to know if Nayeon knew. She kind of half expected Jennie to tell Nayeon just so she could get some sort of emotional response from her but also she knew that Jennie relished in her revenge and that possibly she wanted to keep it under the radar before unleashing it at the perfect time.

 

“I heard that you wouldn’t stop blabbing about that quidditch girl. Someone have a little crush?” Nayeon teased, finally turning to give Sana an intense yet unreadable look. “Adorable. Although I must say you really aren’t her type.”

 

Sana glared at Jennie, hating her wholeheartedly for letting that particular part of the night slip. Now she would never hear the end of it. Jennie ignored her.

 

“How would you know I’m not her type?” Sana asked, trying to keep her expressions from confirming Nayeon’s accusation. Nayeon paused, smirking into her teacup. She shrugged and turned to face the rest of their group again.

 

“We just had a long… conversation last night, that’s all,” Nayeon bluffed. Sana felt her face become hot again but this time it was out of anger. She then took a deep breath to compose herself.

 

“A conversation?” she asked between gritted teeth. “That’s not code for something else is it?”

 

Nayeon slowly looked her up and down.

 

“Jealousy Sana,” Nayeon told her pointedly “is not a good color on you.”

 

At this point Sana would rather hear what Nayeon did with Momo rather than just beating around the bush and leaving her to her own dangerous and zealous imagination. But of course Nayeon would rather play games than tell the truth.

 

Perfect.


 

~~~

 

The rest of the morning went by rather slowly and Sana never could shake her terrible mood. She came early to her potions class, leaving the breakfast table as early as she was allowed; Nayeon actually leaving first for an unknown reason.

 

As the students filed into class and Sana sat with one of her roommates she noticed two figures huddled close together outside of the dungeon doors.

 

It was Nayeon and Momo.

 

Grinding her teeth now Sana rolled her eyes so hard they should have fallen back into her skull. This whole thing just didn’t make sense. Usually this is not how Nayeon’s game works. The game is simple: flirt, sleep together, never speak to each other ever again. Why was Nayeon messing it up? It was stupid and Sana was hoping it wouldn’t last.

 

As Professor Kim called the class to begin Sana watched Momo sit down at her desk out of the corner of her eye. She kind of wanted to go over to her and explain why she never came back last night but it probably didn’t matter to her anymore. Momo had found solace with Nayeon instead. Thinking about someone as seemingly wholesome as Hirai Momo sleeping with someone like Nayeon made Sana sick. Momo should have known better. It’s not as if Momo doesn’t have common sense. So why was she so quick to succumb to Nayeon? Now Sana just couldn’t think of Momo the same way and why would she want to? Why would she want to be friends with someone who is exactly the same as everyone else; wanting Nayeon over Sana. How could she be friends with a girl who wanted Nayeon instead? Wasn’t she good enough? Why did Sana never feel good enough?

 

Now whenever Sana looked at Momo all she saw was Nayeon.

 

“Minatozaki,” Professor Kim called out during the middle of her lecture on sleeping draughts, snapping Sana out of her thoughts. “You’re particularly quiet today.” She said this with a smile, her friendliness radiating, her voice though tinged with concern. Sana blinked hard and regained her faux bubbly exterior.

 

“I just have nothing to say,” She sighed behind a slight smile. “But don’t worry Professor I’m sure I’ll be full of distractions tomorrow.”

 

“Oh no, absolutely not. Quiet is a nice change but just don’t lose your spark alright?”

 

Sana didn’t understand where this was coming from but she nodded, guessing that she had just looked completely miserable-- a side she rarely let show. Her usual giggly persona was a tiring feat, one she had put on daily ever since she started attending Hogwarts. She assumed her happiness would make others drawn to her and make people like her better, but she figured recently that it wasn’t the case. After last night she was unsure if she’d ever feel completely happy ever again. Maybe she was being dramatic but that’s how she felt. Everyone always just tossed her aside. Well not anymore. She was going to make sure that she was someone that no one would ever, ever forget.

~~~

End of Year Three.