almost

You are worth it

Jeonghan laughs at himself for being jealous of Seungcheol’s sister. But hey, don’t get him wrong, she’s gorgeous and being Seungcheol’s half-sister won’t stop the fact that they look incredibly good together, as siblings or partner.

After 3 days of bed rest, Seungcheol is already back on his feet even with the bandage on his thighs he still manages to sit with his team monitoring NCT. Turns out Seunghee sent by their parents to help him out here as Jonghyun seems like a mess. Apparently, even Scotland HQ hears about Jonghyun’s state.

“Oppa,” a feminine voice called him from his daydreaming, “Yeah?” Looking at the girl who’s already sitting across him with curious eyes, “What do you think of my brother?” She asks, and Jeonghan almost choke on his food by the sudden question, “W-what?” He stutters from the younger question, “Seungcheol, What do you think about him?” She asks him while offering the older a glass of water as Jeonghan’s trying to swallow his food, “Uhm, why ask?” Seunghee shrugs while leaning back on her seat, “just asking,” Jeonghan raises his eye brows, “Well?” Seunghee asks again, “Well, your brother is…” he start off thinking about what to say next, “he’s a great leader. I have to give him that, he’s a considerate person, he always puts what others need before his, and…I don’t know, you’re his sister,” he said thinking the question is a bit ridiculous. But she nods anyway, “Oh, you’re coming to the party this Friday right?” She asks brightly now, Jeonghan nods, “We can’t really go anywhere besides here right? So yeah, I’ll show up,” Jeonghan grins, Seunghee smiles at his comment, “Nice, don’t forget the theme color its black and gold, See ya there Oppa!” She says leaving him alone seeing from the corner of her eyes that Seungcheol had already walk approaching their table.

Jeonghan who just shook his head startled when Seungcheol put his tray of food in front of him, “That kid, I was about to sit here because you guys seem to talk about some interesting thing, the second I’m walking towards you, she’s leaving,” He said pouting to the younger, Jeonghan laughs, “It wasn’t that interesting,” He said defending Seunghee, “oh yeah? What were you talking?” Jeonghan plays with his food for a while, “u-uh about the party this Friday,” He said stuttering, Seungcheol just nods, “You’re coming?” Jeonghan asks him this time, “Yes of course, Seung-ah will kill me if I don’t show up,” Jeonghan laughs, “Yeah, she seems that way to me,” Seungcheol laughs along, “You know, she can control me more than my parents can,” he told Jeonghan to loosen the tense vibes. “Oh, how so?” the other asks interested by the fact his little sister can control ‘the Seungcheol’ everybody adores. “She’s always been my weakness, her pouts, it’s evil I hate it, I could never say no when she pouts at me,” He whines to the fact that his sister’s cute pout will always shake Seungcheol’s heart and do whatever the younger wants behind that pouts. 
Jeonghan finds it rather cute and adoring, a powerful man like him can turn all mushy over his little sister’s pout, “that’s cute,” he chuckles. Seungcheol smiles sheepishly, “Do you have siblings?” Jeonghan shake his head, “No, you’re lucky you have Seunghee,” He said to the older putting away his tray of food, Seungcheol smiles to himself while finishing his soup, “hm, She’s my happy little pills,” He said putting his tray of food aside too as he continues,
“one time my dad had one night stand, this happened during his marriage with my mom, they’ve been fighting a lot they said, but it was just a one night stand you know, but he never expected that his one night stand, one day showed up in front of our house with a child saying that she’s his, my dad didn’t know what to do back then, he already has his own family, his relationship with my mom start to loosen up, then a child showed up, it almost feels like everything he had tried to save crumbling all over again,” he sighs finally looking at Jeonghan who’s already intrigued by the story, “but what amazed me the most was my mom seemed fine with it, she’s sad of course, I know she’s anxious about it but she suppressed the feeling because the reason behind Seunghee’s mother why they showed up in front of our house.” Jeonghan raises his brows, “What was her reason?” 
Seungcheol fidget his fingers, “she’s dying, she had leukemia, she’s afraid that after she died no one will take care of Seunghee so she was asking for my family to, you know,” Jeonghan nods, “Adopt her?” Seungcheol nods too, “It was awkward for me, at first, but as we grow up together we gotten closer, but my mom’s anxiety really did get her, she changed, they started to yell at each other again,” He frowns remembering the fights he heard when he was a child, “Seunghee always blames herself for their fights, she would cry herself to sleep,” he frowns deeper, “I-I hate seeing her sad, she’s always been the bubbly one, when my parents started fighting she becomes quitter, I feel sad, so that’s why whatever happened between my parents I decided I will always be by Seunghee’s side and so will she,” He smiles with teary eyes, Jeonghan thinks about how 7 years old Seungcheol who needs to deal that his parents fighting, his own mother’s hatred towards Seunghee, and all he ever wanted was a peaceful family, why can’t his mother loves Seunghee like he does? Jeonghan can’t help the warmth inside his chest after hearing the story. He is an incredible man, he smiles to himself. 
“That’s why I was so scared when they moved me to Seoul leaving Seunghee behind with my parents, I- I can’t, I don’t think losing my parents will be more hurtful than losing Seunghee,” Seungcheol admits, “Seunghee is the only thing I’ve ever have left when my parents started fighting and putting up a show as if they cared about us,” He lets a tear rolled down his cheek, Jeonghan unconsciously wipes them tenderly with a soft gaze in his eyes, trying to reassure the older that it’s okay now, Seunghee is here. Seungcheol smiles at the gesture, it tingles his heart that Jeonghan cares so much. “She’s here now,” Jeonghan assures him, “Yeah,” He breathes out the sighs he’s been holding. “Oh stop being sappy, it doesn’t suit you,” Jeonghan teases the older, he just laughs, and the silence fell, “Thank you for listening,” he smiles sincerely now, Jeonghan nods sheepishly because of the older’s beautiful smile. They sit there in silence until Hansol invites himself by their table and sit next to Seungcheol, “Hi Hyungs,” He greets both of them, they just nod at the sudden appearance, but seeing Hansol there Jun, Jihoon and Minghao quickly join them and they drown on their conversation.

On their station there’s Wonwoo still with his eyeglasses and computers on, monitoring NCT activities, it’s been a week and there’s not much of lead for them. Seunghee walks approaching him with food as she drags a chair next to Wonwoo’s table and put 2 boxes of food, Wonwoo almost jumps in his seat. He looks up to Seunghee as she pushing away some stuff from his table to settle their foods.

Her long hair pinned behind her ears showing some piercings she got when they were still reckless, Wonwoo’s mind quickly rushed back to their old times when they used to train together, sneaked out at night, hiding alcohol under their beds, drunkenly stargazing till they fell asleep and found by Seungcheol’s wrath, deep talk under the dim light of Wonwoo’s bed, or the time when Wonwoo broke his precious first love’s heart to save her from a further heartbreak losing him slowly since he’s moving to Seoul with Seungcheol.

While his mind wondered back to their old times Seunghee clears to catch Wonwoo’s attention back. “Won?” She asks, Wonwoo hums in response, “You should eat, everyone left for lunch already,” Wonwoo takes the food from Seunghee as he nods, “If no one’s here to monitor I’m afraid we might have missed something,” He explains the reason why he hasn’t left his station, Seunghee smiles, “You’re always so considerate,” Wonwoo laughs soflty, “Aren’t I always?” he teases Seunghee, she laughs along, “Yeah, I’m glad you don’t change that much,” she smiles softly, but Wonwoo knows there’s another meaning behind those words and that pains Wonwoo’s heart. “How you’ve been?” Wonwoo asks softly now looking at Seunghee’s face.

She’s gotten prettier, her plump pink lips remind him so much of Seungcheol but she’s also gotten skinnier seen from her sunken cheeks, though her hair, it’s still as beautiful as he remembers, her tan skin looks glowing with a simple smile on her lips. Seunghee didn’t dare to look up to Wonwoo as she feels his eyes bore to her side, “u-uhm, good, what about you?” She asks playing with her food, “Hell, you know how your brother gets when he’s not done with a mission, he always wants to get it done fast.” He said trying to act like they’re just merely old friends catching up with each other’s life so far, Seunghee snorts, “You’re close to him, you can always get a hold of him,” Wonwoo swallows his food first before answering, “Well yeah, but not as good as you though,” he smiles, Seunghee laughs freely, “Of course, I’m his little pumpkin, he’ll do whatever I want,” Wonwoo laughs remembering their old times again, “Remember when we used to beg him to drive us to that piercing shop to get you another piercing?” Seunghee laughs at the memories of them, “I had to pout so hard so he would say yes,” Wonwoo nods vigorously trying to suppress his laughs as they get harder, “Your pout has always been his weakness,” Seunghee pouts, “not the last time though, remember when you pierced my left ear?” She showed him her left ear with a silver star earing now, “Did it hurt?” Seunghee looks at him with the look of ‘are you ing kidding me’ kind of look, Wonwoo laughs as he says sorry between his breathless laughs.
While they were enjoying their time together the rest of the team had already piled in, Hansol who’s walking in front of everyone stopped by his track looking at the sight, Wonwoo laughing with a hint of rosy cheek, his eyes twinkles and Seunghee smiles looking at him. Mingyu almost bumps to Hansol, “What’s wrong?” Mingyu asks, as everyone now stop too behind Hnasol, “Have you ever seen Wonwoo hyung that happy?” He asks still looking at the two talking and laughing, Seungcheol peaks from behind then smile, “Should we leave them two then?” Seokmin whispers, Jeonghan shrugs looking at Seungcheol smiling like a proud father looking at his daughter, “Cheol?” He asks, “Ah yes,” He snaps back to reality walking in interrupting the two, Wonwoo and Seunghee quickly look at them, so Seunghee picks up their empty food and she leaves to throw it away. Seungcheol raises his brows to Wonwoo, “I see,” Seungcheol said teasing the younger, “What?” He asks back to his cold gaze, “Nothing,” Seungcheol smiles to himself.

They’re going back to work with Seunghee compile all the group’s findings, Seungcheol sitting across Jeonghan’s with a knitted eyebrows, “Wonwoo-yah,” he calls out for his friend, the called name just peak his head next to his computer, “what?” Seungcheol waves his hand telling him to come over, “Did you know someone’s called Jaemin?” he asked the younger, Wonwoo stands next to his table before going back to his table grabs his tablet looking for some files, “Seung-ah, send me the background file of Na Jae Min,” Seunghee stands up as she send the file through the main big glass tablet, “Sent,” she said, Wonwoo reads it briefly, “He’s Lee Taeyong’s cousin, his long cousin actually, why?” Seungcheol knitted his brows even more, “I saw they’re preparing a passport and visa for someone named Jae Min but with a surname Lee,” Wonwoo know keens to the new lead, “Hm, so Lee Jae Min?” He asked, Seungcheol nods as he screenshot the picture and send it to Seunghee, “Pumpkin, I sent a picture,” Seunghee blushes at the nickname, sure Seungcheol calls her that many times but not when in front of almost everyone especially there are new recruits, Seokmin looks over to Seunghee and raises one of his brows, “Pumpkin huh?” He teases the older, “Shut up,” she hisses but with a rosy cheek, Seungcheol giggles at that. “Don’t be shy now, you’re the one who always acts like a baby,” Seunghee pouts while opening the file from her brother. Jeonghan watches the scene in front of him with a smile.

The party so far is not bad, it’s not that pack up with people, but it’s full enough with some people he can interact with. It’s a good way for him to get new friends in Seoul HQ after all, he was talking with Mingyu, Seokmin and their new friends, Wonho and Minhyuk before Minhyuk cuts their conversations to ask, “I heard Choi Seunghee is back?” He questions curiously, “Uh- yeah, you know her?” Jeonghan asks the now intrigued male in front of him, “Oh who wouldn’t? She’s hot and amazing! Everyone would compete for her time,” he said dreamily, “Wonwoo will kill you,” Mingyu said with a bit of stern voice, but neither Wonho or Minhyuk bother the stern voice and wave their hands, “They were never together, it’s his lost to throw away a diamond,” Wonho said this time jokingly but Seokmin and Jeonghan sense the tense and stiffened shoulder of Mingyu hearing the two’s accusation.

Wonwoo who never really likes party just stands there near the drink stations with his black skinny jeans and tuck out black shirt, a red cup with cheap beer in his hand as he listens to Minghao’s rants about how dumb Mingyu is, and well he couldn’t deny that his best friend is a sometimes, “And you know what that did this time?” Wonwoo looks at him with an ‘amuse me’ face, “He accidentally played KARA Sugar-Free while we were training! If it’s a real mission we would’ve been dead before the mission even starts,” he said almost giving up on how dumb and clumsy Mingyu can be sometimes. Wonwoo laughs at the story.

Then as if it was a ing Korean drama both Jeonghan and Wonwoo like to watch sometimes, there stands the Chois entering the party, Jeonghan and Wonwoo almost drop their drink by the sight, Choi Seungcheol in black skinny trousers and black tucked in shirt that hug his biceps just perfectly and even from there Jeonghan can see his well-toned chest, his hair parted a bit exposing his forehead, dear deities above if you’re seeing this, he is indeed your best creation ever existed, he’s so goddamn hot, Jeonghan knees wobble by the sight. Then there’s Choi Seunghee, she wears a short black flare jumpsuit with a very low cut chest that her cleavage seen a bit, though it’s covered by the gold necklaces around her neck, she pins up her hair messily and she looks breathtakingly stunning for Wonwoo, she still looks breathtakingly stunning.

Feeling eyes on them Seunghee sheepishly follows where Seungcheol took her, to Mingyu and Hansol who’s sitting near the DJ. “Woah, noona, I almost dropped my jaw to the ground,” Hansol said complementing how good Seunghee looks, she smiles, “Thanks, Vernonie,” Mingyu grins, “dressing up for someone I see,” letting the older sits next to him as Seungcheol grabs some drinks for them. Seunghee raises one of her eyebrows, then Mingyu points at one of her gold necklace with an initial ‘W’. Seunghee didn’t even realize that she’s been wearing it too tonight. “A-ah, I never really take It off.” Mingyu and Hansol share a look before nodding and lets the topic pass as Seungcheol handed her a red cup, “It’s soda,” he said knowing how much a handful she is when she’s drunk. Seunghee pouts but takes the cup anyway. Seungcheol has already about to leave as Seunghee stops him, “Where are you going?” she said clutching on her brother’s sleeves, “I just need to say hi to some people,” he said smiling to his clingy baby sister, “I’ll be back,” he said tucking her strand of hair behind her ear. When Seungcheol left, Seunghee sits there listening to Hansol and Mingyu’s conversation God knows what they’re talking about.

Feeling ignored and bored she decided to take a walk around and just to socialize, it’s been a long time since the last time she visited her brother. Walking to the drink station she grabs a new cup of beer, as she walks away but immediately stops when a hand taps her shoulder. A man with a black shirt that hangs loosely on his chest with a black and gold blazer smiles in front of her now, “Hey, uhm- you’re Seunghee?” He asks confidently, his breath smells like alcohol. “Uh- yeah, why?” He pushes his hair back a little, “I’m Wonho, just saying hi to the prettiest girl here,” he smirks trying to flirt but with droppy and alcohol breath Seunghee cringes by the approximate space between them. “Thanks, but I’m not interested,” she said about to leave before he stops her again catching her wrist, “Oh come on pretty, don’t you want me too?” he asks walking closer and Seunghee feels frightened by his aura and the way he looks at her as he travels his other hand along her arms with a sickening grins. She pushes him away only to get pulled back onto his chest as he wraps his arms around her waists, Seunghee being frighten is an understatement, she’s about to scream, how can no one sees them here, but quickly a force pulls Wonho from her and she’s shield with a petite body in front of her and his scent much more securing, he smells like wood and flower at the same time as she clutches on his sleeves. “Get the away from her,” the man in front of her with a hiss. Wonho laughs, “I called dibs, go find other girls,” He said, the man balled his fists so hard, “She’s not anyone’s so off.” Wonho is drunk so feeling annoyed by this man he charge forward but missed as he punch the air to his side, then the man’s friend came running, “Wonwoo hyung!” Minghao called, Wonwoo only looks at him before gesticulating him to find Seungcheol.

Jeonghan laughs for whatever the older just said to him, he can’t remember what as his eyes droppingly stares at how the older’s dimples shows from the laughter. He’s so beautifully handsome, Jeonghan can’t help but stare. He’s always been the one who’s praised for his beauty, and he can’t lie that he is proud of it and often he even brags about it but here, he wouldn’t even dare as the man next to him is even more beautiful than the night sky he stares at night, his laughs softer than any ballads song he ever listened to, gosh, is Yoon Jeonghan finally fall in love with this man? He didn’t know too, but the booze clearly shut down every nerves inside of him as he drops his head on the older’s broad shoulder as he hums in response. “I like your laugh,” he said bluntly, Seungcheol stiffens for a second before he glances at the figure on his shoulder, “what else do you like about me?” He asks flirtingly, Jeonghan raises his brows, “don’t push it now, Choi,” Jeonghan said pretending to get annoyed when clearly a coy smile on his lips, Seungcheol shifts his sit so Jeonghan’s back lean on Seungcheol’s chest with his head lolling on the older’s crook of neck. Their position can stir up any rumors between them at that moment, but none of them care as alcohol had already take the two of them, “Well, for me, I like your smile,” Seungcheol said now drop his arms on the younger’s waist slightly, which Jeonghan doesn’t mind at all. “Not my eyes?” He frowns, “I have a really beautiful eyes they said,” He said proudly, Seungcheol chuckles, “Oh yeah? Let me see it then,” He challenges the younger. Jeonghan without thinking just look up from the older’s neck and his eyes widen with how little the space between them, he can feel Seungcheol’s mint breath fanning his face and that long-long lashes swept over the older’s high cheekbone. Jeonghan feels his heart stop for having the opportunity to see the older’s beauty this up close. Seungcheol on the other hand can smell Jeonghan’s lavender scent from the approximate. They don’t know which of them lean in first but Jeonghan swears he can feel how Seungcheol’s lips hovers just above his lips as he closes both of his eyes to wait for the older close the gap between them. But they were interrupted by Minghao exclaim not very gentle at them as they quickly pull away from each other like they just got electrocuted. “Hyung! Seunghee!” Minghao exclaims between his pants, Seungcheol just looked at him with full annoyance, Jeonghan just sit there with his red cheeks with his hands grip on Seungcheol’s arms. “What?” He said, “Seunghee, she was- just come with me please, she’s shook really bad,” he said pleadingly, Seungcheol hearing the name of his sister quickly awaken and alarmed. He and Jeonghan quickly stand up and follow Minghao.