First Task

You are worth it

Seungcheol lay down staring at the ceiling above him thinking about the new recruits, no, maybe just this certain recruit, with a certain blonde wavy short hair, and lighter brown orbs than him, and feminine figure, with the name of Yoon Jeonghan. The first time he looked at him, Seungcheol swears it feels like all air knocked out of his lungs, he’s so breathtakingly calm and ethereal, especially with a hint of rosy cheek and that soft smile. This is the first time after for so long he never interested with anyone now, he almost laughs to himself that this Yoon Jeonghan can do to him. Just the first meeting he almost knocked him out by his beauty, Seungcheol thinks. In the middle of replaying their short meeting, a knock on his bedroom door pulls him back to reality. 

“Come in,” Seungcheol sits up to see who’s that, “Hyung?” Wonwoo appears on the door, “Ah Wonwoo-ya, What’s the matter?” He asks, the younger come in as he closes the door behind him, “Are you busy?” He asks sitting on the edge of the older’s bed. “Not really, why?” Wonwoo seems hesitant, “Wonwoo…” Seungcheol calls him, “Hansol, no hold on, There’s another attack in New York, Sofia…” Seungcheol heart almost stopped by the news, “She didn’t make it,” Seungcheol quickly stand up as he putting on his shirt back, “Where’s he now?” Wonwoo still sitting down on Seungcheol’s bed looking at him, “At Boss’s office,” by that Seungcheol about to leave before he pauses and turns to Wonwoo, “Can you tell the others?” Wonwoo nods understand what he meant by his leader. 

Before Seungcheol about to walk straight to Jonghyun’s office he saw Hansol walking towards him, “Hansol, are you ok?” Seungcheol half shouted at him to catch the other’s attention, seeing Seungcheol in front of him, Hansol breakdown and leans on Seungcheol’s chest, “S-sofia..hyung…” He cries on Seungcheol’s chest, Seungcheol wraps his arms around his younger’s shoulder, “I know…It’s okayyoungerYou’ll be okay…” He says softly trying to at least calm the younger, Hansol couldn’t bring himself to reply the older. While Seungcheol trying to ease Hansol’s down, the others quickly pile into their station, Mingyu and Wonwoo came running, feeling concern for their youngest teammates, they’re followed by Jihoon and Jun with Minghao, Jeonghan, and Seokmin behind them. Looking at the rest of them Seungcheol tightens his hug to assure the younger, even more, this act somehow tightens Jeonghan’s heart, how caring he is as a leader. “What happened?” Seokmin whispers loudly, “NY Institute was attacked, Hansol’s family…they were there, and his sister, Sofia…She didn’t make it,” Mingyu explains it to them. Jeonghan gasps by the news, the thought of it makes him shivers, no wonder how protective Seungcheol looks like. As everyone tries to approach Hansol, Jonghyun walks out of his office looking like a mess not far from Hansol himself. With the dark circle under his eyes and messy hair, pale skin, Jeonghan almost didn’t recognize him as the boss if it weren’t because of how Mingyu bowing as he enters the room. 

“Sit down everyone,” Jonghyun says coldly doesn’t give another second glance for Hanso who’s still sobbing, but hearing the Boss’s stern voice they immediately set themselves on the chairs, Wonwoo place himself next to the glass tablet standing next to Seungcheol’s chair with Jonghyun standing opposite of him.  “Your first task together for the week,” Jonghyun announces and let Wonwoo lead the information before dropping his command. 

“We know the attacks of the Institutes started last 2 weeks ago in Amsterdam, then Stuttgart, Thailand, London, Los Angeles, and New York just today,” they nod with the information, Wonwoo tap on his tablet as he transferred some of the pictures from the attacked to the glass tablet projector in front of them, “Do you notice anything? The dates? Motifs?” Wonwoo glances at them, “The attacks have 2 days’ gap before the next attack,” Seungcheol points out, Wonwoo nods, “and here,” Wonwoo says as he zooms in the attackers’ screen capture from London, “Isn’t that our pin logo?” Seokmin speaks out, “They disguise themselves?” Mingyu asks now, Wonwoo nods, “The only lead we have is that this guy, certainly disguises himself as one of our agents before the attacked happens,” Wonwoo said, but Jeonghan stays silent as he sees something that catches his eyes, a tattoo, in their Institutes, on every Institutes whether under Pledis’s Institutes or anywhere, they have their significant tattoo to tell them apart. Jeonghan stands up as he points out something on the attacker’s wrists, “Here,” Seungcheol sits up as he’s amazed by his pierce eyes, “Search the tattoo Won, you can right?” Seungcheol looks up to his best IT guy, Wonwoo nods, “Nice one Jeonghan hyung,” He said as he walks himself back to his computer, rescanning the tattoo as he searches for the similar tattoo from his database about other’s Institutes significant tattoos. Jonghyun just stands there waiting for them to figure things out, Jihoon then approaches Wonwoo, helping him. “You can use the other station next to mines, I’ll send the scanned tattoo to you,” Wonwoo said to Jihoon. Seungcheol turns himself to Hansol check on him for a second as he starts to calm himself down, “If you need to go back to your room, I won’t stop you,” Seungcheol smiles, Hansol just shook his head, “I’ll be here,” Seungcheol just nods as he walks approaching Wonwoo and stand next to him, “Found it?” Wonwoo still too focus, “Hold on,” Seungcheol just stands there waiting, “Anything I can help besides waiting for you?” He asks softly putting his hand on Wonwoo’s upper back, Wonwoo grabs the stack of files and hands it out to Seungcheol as he looks up to him briefly, “Look at these pictures, If you find anything to give it to me,” He curves up a smile. “Okay, Boss,” He teases, Wonwoo just smiles as he pushes the older back to his table. 

Jeonghan looking at them with intent eyes, the way Seungcheol puts his hand behind Wonwoo’s back, or the way Wonwoo looks at Seungcheol with the softest smile or the tiny gestures of how they would approach each other. He can’t lie that he kind of feel of jealous over Wonwoo, but this couldn’t be a crush would it? He thought to himself, not realizing Seungcheol has walked towards him. “Jeonghan,” He breaths out and smiles, “Help me with these?” He showed him the stack of flies from Wonwoo earlier. Without hesitation, he nods eagerly, “Follow me then,” as Seungcheol walk them to his desk. His desk is neat with the stationaries sit on next to the 2 large computer and there’s a picture of 2 children, a guy and a girl with black hair, they look so cute. “Ahaha thanks, that’s my sister and me when I was 5 and she was 3,” Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows, “Are you a psychic?” Seungcheol chuckles, “You were thinking out loud, Han-ah,” as he sits in front of the computer putting the files next to his stationaries. Jeonghan grabs a chair next to him and sits himself down too. They both work in silence sometimes asking for each other’s opinion, Jeonghan found something and let Seungcheol the ones who scan the picture for Wonwoo. “Wonnie, I just sent new stuff,” Seungcheol half shouts from his desks. “Wonnie?” Jeonghan asks, “Yeah, ahah it's his nickname from me,” Jeonghan just furrowed his eyebrows. “Hey don’t get us wrong, he’s been my best friend since I ever joined the agency which is like half of my life then,” He smiles, “I’m not implying anything,” Jeonghan said pouting, Seungcheol thought, it was the cutest pout ever. “you furrowed your eyebrows, I just need to clear things up when people mistook us as something we are not,” He chuckles, Jeonghan just nods by the answer, and somewhat happy meaning that Seungcheol  and Wonwoo are just merely childhood best friends. “You don’t have the thought to date him?” Seungcheol laughs, “No, It’s weird you know, dating your own childhood best friend, besides, Wonwoo doesn’t swing that way,” Jeonghan stop working as he looks at him, “Swing what way?” Seungcheol also stops working as he looks back at him, You know, he’s not gay,” Jeonghan just stares at him, does this mean he is? Jeonghan wants to ask but he’s too afraid so he let the topic slips away as they continue working. 

Finished collecting all the data, Jonghyun assigns their first task as a team. “Alright, what do we got Wonwoo?” Wonwoo stands up with Jihoon operating the screen, “It’s NCT, not CUBE,” Wonwoo says, which shock most of them especially Mingyu, “But, NCT... we never had a conflict with them do we?” He asks in disbelief. “I don’t know gyu…all I know I’ll put their asses down after what they did,” Hansol speaks up after the incident. Jeonghan and Seungcheol just stand where they are looking at them, “Continue, Wonwoo…” Seungcheol told the yunger. “Well, the tattoo Jeonghan hyung found is actually a dragon, and that belongs to Johnny Seo, one of NCT’s snipper. “Snipper? Working as the front row attackers?” Jeonghan asks, “I know Johnny, Hyung isn’t he the ones who used to come to Jess’s coffee shop?” Seokmin asks Jeonghan this time, “AH, Yes that Johnny,” Seungcheol glances at him, “What that Johnny?” Jeonghan about to explain as Minghao beats him to it, “Johnny used to come to Jess’s coffee shop where we usually hang out in LA, to hit on Jeonghan hyung but hyung always rejected him, but I’m pretty sure he was close with Rena isn’t he?” Minghao said, “Well that’s because Rena is the only person who works near Jeonghan hyung,” Seokmin said. Seungcheol raised one of his eyebrows at Jeonghan by that, “Don’t give me that look,” Jeonghan pushes him half-heartedly, Seungcheol laughs. “Well, Boss?” Wonwoo quirks his brows at Jonghyun. “Try to intel NCT’s HQ by this week, I want to hear the report.” And he left. “Well that was very specific,” Seokmin said. And the others just laugh along.