Almost Lover (Meanie)

Unsaid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost Lover (Meanie)

 

Warning: Mention of death and grammatical error

 

 

"Hyung, please throw my wallet to me.”

 

Wonwoo reached out, grabbed Mingyu's wallet and tossed it. Mingyu took some money out of his wallet, then went out to buy a glass of ice americano.

 

Wonwoo glanced at the wallet that had fallen to the floor after Mingyu had thrown it onto the couch. He climbed out of the mattress to pick up the wallet, as he picked up the wallet, a sheet of paper fell. Wonwoo then squatted down and picked up a paper that turned out to be a flight ticket to Slovania.

 

Upon hearing the sound of the door, Wonwoo quickly re-inserted the ticket into his wallet and put his wallet on the couch, then he immediately returned to the mattress.

 

Mingyu came back with a glass of americano. "Do you want to go to somewhere?" asked Wonwoo.

 

"Do you really want to know?" Mingyu asked in a mocking tone that made Wonwoo snort. Lately Mingyu is very annoying, he didn’t answer Wonwoo's question with an answer. Not babbling as usual, Wonwoo just stared at Mingyu as if waiting for an answer from his mouth. "I'm going to Slovania. You must have seen my ticket, haven’t you?" Now Mingyu looked at him with a weird smile.

 

"Go if you want to go." Wonwoo said. He then chose to lie on the mattress.

 

"If I go, what do you want to do?" Mingyu asked, he put his americano on the table and changed his clothes and lay down on the sofa.

 

"Of course I'm going to change my cloth, go out and seduce every man here, what do you expect me to do?"

 

The man smiled again, making Wonwoo's heart hurt again. Wonwoo touched the part that hurt and massaged it slowly so that the pain will gone. "I'm not sure you want to do that." Mingyu said.

 

Wonwoo want to yell at Mingyu but his heart was hurting again. He knows it doesn’t work well, that's why he’s in the hospital right now, to undergo a transplant surgery tomorrow morning.

 

"I'd better go to sleep." Wonwoo said softly as he covered his body with the green blanket he got from the hospital. He didn’t want to look weak in front of the man who’s a year younger than him, he never complaining about the pain he felt even though he thought he almost died several times.

 

Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo, many people are asking about their relationship. Wonwoo doesn’t even know what Mingyu means in his life. He also doesn’t know what kind of relationship they have had. Bestfriend? but they live together. lover? they never even do skinship. Brothers? but they are more than that.

 

"Sleep, hyung, I'll take care of you." Mingyu said and it made Wonwoo smile in the blanket.

 

He did not want to admit how glad he was to see Mingyu come to see him after a few days he could not be reached. Luckily Mingyu chose to stay here rather than leaving, Wonwoo might kneel in front of Mingyu and ask him not to leave.

 

Silence surrounds the room, Wonwoo can only hear the roar of air conditioner and clock ticking. Slowly, Wonwoo turned his body toward Mingyu who had fallen asleep with his back facing Wonwoo. How could he have fallen asleep when he had just drink a glass of americano? thought Wonwoo. "Hey, giant." called Wonwoo.

 

"Take it easy, hyung ... I can take care of you even with my eyes closed." replied Mingyu still turned his back to Wonwoo.

 

"Take care of me your ! If someone come to kill us now, you won’t be aware! Just go home, Gyu. I can just call Hoshi and ask him to accompany me tonight."

 

Mingyu turned his body to face Wonwoo, "Hyung, what do you think I'm here? That’s because tonight there's a patient Hoshi hyung has to operate tonight...just sleep, hyung, I'll take care of you ... really take care of you, ok?" Mingyu whispered in a voice that sounded really smooth.

 

But even though Mingyu had told him to sleep, Wonwoo still didn’t sleep, but staring at Mingyu who had already closed his eyes again. He always felt like he was in a space every time he looking at Mingyu, as if there was an euphoria that can’t be explained in human language.

 

Wonwoo staring at Mingyu, and thinking how much he love him but the words never come out. Because Wonwoo is a pessimistic nihilistic person. While enjoying every inch of Mingyu's face, the man opened his eyes, making their eyes meet with each other. Mingyu laughed and his eyes glistened almost tearing out of sleepiness.

 

"It's 2 in the morning, hyung."

 

"I’m still not sleepy." Wonwoo replied. Mingyu rubbed his eyes trying to get rid of his sleepiness. "Why didn’t you tell me you wanted to go to Slovania?"

 

"I was planning to tell you today. You are always a step ahead of me, you know that right, hyung?"

 

"How long you’re gonna be there?" Wonwoo asked but Mingyu looked like he didn’t want to answer his question, Wonwoo's eyes stared at Mingyu's ring on his ring finger. "Is there a woman you want to meet?" He asked again and Mingyu nodded as he touched his ring.

 

Wonwoo's heart sinks, as long as it turns out Mingyu already has a woman he loves. All this time he had thought himself special but it seemed that Wonwoo was naïve and considered himself special for Mingyu.

 

"Who?" Whoever hears Wonwoo's voice right now must know how strange the sound of his voice, his voice as if squeezed between his throats.

 

"Someone special." The smile on Mingyu’s face told Wonwoo how happy he is now. Mingyu must have loved that woman very much.

 

"Are you going to live with her in Slovania?"

 

"Hmm ... I'll move there, I've packed my clothes and stuff." Mingyu replied and it made all the tiny particles inside Wonwoo's body hurt, especially his heart. It feels the pain in his heart is getting worse.

 

"I think I should sleep now." Wonwoo said. Mingyu said goodnight and closed his eyes again. Wonwoo just wants to laugh at his stupidity but he can’t even smile. How could Mingyu love someone who was lying weak, almost dead in the hospital while outside this building there are many beautiful and attractive women, and of course, healthy.

 

Wonwoo feels bad. Knowing that Mingyu will not live with him anymore is more terrible than the fact that he don’t have strong body to live.

 

If Wonwoo had to endure the pain because of this illness, it would be fine because there was Mingyu beside him. But knowing that Mingyu is not there and not trying for him ... is same like destroying all his organs. If only there was a cure for self-perplexity it might be a smart choice for him now. Seconds passed painfully. Refrain from laughing miserable is something that should be thumbs up.

 

 

***

 

 

Wonwoo is awakened by nurse for breakfast and preparation for his surgery. He turned and found Mingyu was not on the couch anymore, his bag was gone. When he thought Mingyu was gone, the man emerged from the bathroom and he breathed a sigh of relief.

 

Mingyu walked towards Wonwoo and massaged his shoulders softly. "I've talked to Hoshi hyung, he will meet you in the operating theater." said Mingyu.

 

Hearing the word surgery made blood all over Wonwoo's body flowing very fast, he was so nervous. What if he died on the operating table? he thought. "You will heal, listen to Hoshi hyung's words, though sometimes there's something wrong with his brain, he's still a good doctor."

 

"Will you stay until the surgery end?" asked Wonwoo.

 

"I'm sorry ... but my flight hour is so close. I can’t stay, so hyung ... fight for yourself."

 

Wonwoo stared out the window with a wry smile, "I understand now, just go."

 

"Hyung," Mingyu called in a soft voice that always made Wonwoo's heart melt. Mingyu pulled Wonwoo's chin so he looked at him. "What part of me do you like the best?"

 

You! I only like you, bastard! Everything you have! Wonwoo held back and swallowed hard. "Your eyes." while looking at Mingyu brown eyes that remind him of Vodka always make Wonwoo feel like he’s at home, safe and comfortable. They always make Wonwoo drunk.

 

"Really? all right. Hyung, take care of yourself, don’t argue with Hoshi's hyung”. Mingyu said

 

"Can’t promise that." Wonwoo replied.

 

"Hyung, please ..."

 

"Okay, I'll listen to Hoshi's words."

 

"Good! I'm leaving now, good-bye, Jeon-san." Mingyu picks up his bag and rushes out leaving Wonwoo. When the door was closed, Wonwoo sighed in frustration. Mingyu will not come again, he will go to the woman he loves. Whatever he had to do now, he had no desire to live again.

 

There will be no Mingyu again tomorrow. No more excitement when waking up to see Mingyu standing in the kitchen and cooking for him. Then after Mingyu leaves, who will replace him?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter