Love Letter (Soonhoon)

Unsaid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love Letter (Soonhoon)

 

WARNING: MENTION OF DEATH AND GRAMMATICAL ERROR

 

 

Hoshi doesn’t believe in love at the first sight, but he belive in destiny.

 

Hoshi is in love with a cute boy that looks like mochi and white tofu. He’s in love with a cute boy that until now he don’t know what his eyes colors are. A cute boy that looks so soft like cotton candy. He’s in love with a cute boy that he can only see through the window after he back from school.

 

It’s been a month since Hoshi first saw that cute man who works on CD store near his house. He don’t have the courage to ask what is his name, even when their eyes met Hoshi would broke the eye contact and walk away. Hoshi is in love but don’t know what to do and can only stare from the distance.

 

He spent the last two hours drawing this picture. To be honest, he hasn’t really into drawing for the past few years after the divorced of his parents. But…he picked up a pencil, pen and paper, and it seemed natural to him.

 

A finished picture lays on his desk. It’s that cute boy. His eyes his face, his smile. He is this beautiful creature, eyes like galaxies, face that shine like gold and smile that could melt any ice. This time is one of the few times in a while that he’s finally been able to smile without really forcing it.

 

“Who’s that?” asked Wonwoo

 

Hoshi shyly smile and answer, “Just…one attractive boy I saw.”

 

“Eiyy, I really never see you smiling so big like that. Have a little crush on him?”

 

“No, I think I’m in love with him.”

 

"Love, love ... what do you know about love?" Wonwoo asked in a mocking tone to Hoshi who’s still smilling like an idiot.

 

 

***

 

 

Jihoon is in love with a boy he could only see on his back. A boy with broad shoulders and silky black hair. The boy he could only see behind the glass as he worked. The boy who can make him smile on his own when their eyes meet. The boy who always made him blush, the boy who always made his heart beat fast.

 

Know that feeling when you fall for someone? The feeling that make the world more exciting. That boy gave that to Jihoon.

 

Seeing that man pass the CD store where he worked, it was like hearing his favorite song played on radio. For Jihoon, that boy is like his favorite song. But he did not have courage to greet him and could only enjoy every inch of his body from behind the glass.

 

It was a rainy afternoon when Jihoon didn’t see the boy passed on the store. He wait for one hour and still no sign of him. He sigh as he looking outside the window wishing the boy would pass and make him feel warm. But no, he didn’t showed up.

 

The door of the store opens and shows Seungcheol with wet hair because of the rain, he folds his umbrella and puts it next to the door. "What's wrong with your face?" He asked as he opened his raincoat.

 

"Just ... i hate when it’s raining. Too cramped and damp." Answered Jihoon. He moved from the front of the glass to the front of the cashier.

 

"Are you waiting for him? A boy with that silky hair?" Seungcheol asked, embarrassing him.

 

"Wh-what…how.?... you read my diaries?!"

 

Seungcheol laughed because now Jihoon’s face is very red like a tomato. "Hey, I'm your boss. Show your manner towards me." Says Seungcheol

 

"My boss is your father not you."

 

A few minutes after the rain stopped, the boy finally appeared and passed in front of the store. The boy turned to him quickly and looked back at his handphones. Although he only able to see him for a few seconds, it really makes him happy. The man is like the sun that comes after the rain, brings light and warms.

 

 

***

 

 

“It’s the petite guy at the CD store, isn’t it?”

 

“How in the world can you know?”

 

“I saw the way you looked at him when we passed the store yesterday.” Wonwoo smiled softly. “Why don’t you just take the risk and talk to him? What is so hard with that?”

 

Hoshi wants to be brave. He wants to ask him what is his name, he wants to know his phone number, he wants to talk to him. But he’s scared…scared of rejection.

 

“I want…it’s just that I don’t know how to start. What if he’s straight? What if he’ll hate me if I tell him that I love him? What if he doesn’t like gays?” That kind of thoughts scared the out of him.

 

“No one told you to confess your feelings to him! Just be friend with him first!”

 

“I didn’t want to be friends with him..because i can’t be friends with someone I am in love with, ok?”

 

“Whatever. So, after graduation…you’re not going to Seoul?” asked Wonwoo.

 

Hoshi shook his head as he wrote in his notebook. How can he continue his studies in Seoul while the one he loves is here in Busan?

 

Throughout the lessons, Wonwoo and Hoshi keep talking about what they want to do after graduation. Wonwoo says he wants to apply to Sungkyunkwan university, he will take a major in literature. While Hoshi tells about the boy he likes.

 

As the two are talking, the homeroom teacher approaches them, standing next to Hoshi, cleared his throat that makes them look up.

 

"Mr. Kwon and Mr.Jeon, i think it would be better if you two sit a little far from each other, right?" asked the teacher.

 

"No!" answer the two of them.

 

"Ok, then ... both of you! See you at detention!”

 

 

***

 

 

It’s already 7 pm, Jihoon and Seungcheol start to cleaning up the store. Jihoon was sweeping when Seungcheol said, "i saw the way he was looking at you."

 

Jihoon spun around facing Seungcheol, "What are you talking about?"

 

"Yesterday after you got here ... the boy you have a little crush walked here, he was talking to his friends, but he was not looking at them, he was looking at you. It was like...like he wanted to talk to you."

 

Jihoon laughed, “You’re insane, Cheol.”

 

But the truth was, his heart began to turn crimson in colour, because deep down he was glad to know that the person he like also looked at him the way Jihoon did to him.

 

After he finished, Jihoon go first because Seungcheol still have to tidy up the tapes. Jihoon walks while wearing a hoodie and headset in his ears. Not long after he walked, it rained and make Jihoon ran to the bus station to wait until the rain subsided.

 

Jihoon stood as he staring into the night sky. He smiled and start to sing following the music that coming out of his headset.

 

But the rain still didn’t stop and time was getting running. Jihoon must be home immediately to do his homework and study for the exam tomorrow. He put his handphone in his bag and intend to break through the rain but someone grasped his arm.

 

Surprised, Jihoon raised his head and found the man he likes standing in front of him. Jihoon looks at him and it makes him want to believe in magic, the way the world seems to stop spinning, a song for just the two of them.

 

Hoshi?

 

It’s his voice that brings Jihoon back into reality, “You can’t get sick.” Said Hoshi. They stood there, looking into each other’s eyes without saying nothing. It was Hoshi who broke the contact and start to walk first.

 

They walked side by side under the street light, with Hoshi holding the umbrella for the both of them. Jihoon’s heart beats really fast, was this because this is the first time they’re standing so close to each other? He don’t know. Not long after, Jihoon stop in front of a house and make Hoshi stop walking too.

 

Their eyes met once again, and Hoshi swear he can hear galaxies collide. How is it possible to be so much in love with someone he don’t even know yet?

 

“Thank you.” Said Jihoon. Jihoon was just about to enter his house but Hoshi's hand stopped him. "Wha-what is your name?" said Hoshi haltingly, a red tinge visible on his both cheeks.

 

"It's Lee Jihoon." Answer Jihoon.

 

"Jihoon..." Hoshi whispered and Jihoon liked the way Hoshi mentioned his name. "My name is—”

 

"Hoshi, right? Kwon Hoshi. I heard yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter