One Last Message (Jeongcheol)

Unsaid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Last Message (Jeongcheol)

 

Warning: Mention of death and grammatical error

 

“I missed my chance didn’t i?” Jeonghan looked down and waited for Seungkwan’s answer.

 

“If you go to him right now, Seungcheol would choose you in a heartbeat and there’s no doubt about it.”

 

Seungkwan answer, Jeonghan’s eyes still glued to Seungcheol’s back who is right now talk with a beautiful girl. They were at the High School reunion right now. Jeonghan sighed and he gulped his vodka in oneshot. This is the 3rd glass and he feels like he started to get drunk.

 

“I don’t have any chances to confess!” said Jeonghan again, he want to drink his 4th vodka but Seungkwan stopping him.

 

“From the first time I met Hansol, until I dated him and until we got married, your relationship and seungcheol are still unclear to this day." Said Seungkwan that makes Jeonghan want to smack him on his head. He can’t help but agree on this.

 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol are friends from high school. He fell in love with Seungcheol because he is good for him. Jeonghan fell for him for the way he sees life. He is better than most of the people he had seen and spoken to. He is better than his ideal guy he had in mind.

 

Seungcheol is tender, he is kind, he is loyal, he is ferocious, he is generous, he is strong and he is calm. Dark brown eyes, darker brown hair. Has sweet smile, loud laugh, bad jokes. He gives Jeonghan a sense of home, a sense of this serene and exciting infinity that he always wanted.

 

But he can never confess his feelings to Seungcheol because he is always busy. Seungcheol is a police sergeant and detective from the Seoul Metropolitan Police District's Criminal Investigation First Division.

 

And because of his job, sometimes Seungcheol will leave first. Like when they're watching a movie, dinner or when they go to the Everland. And therefore Jeonghan always has no chance to confess his feelings.

 

Even if he had a chance and Seungcheol was not busy, Joshua would bother them. Joshua is also their high school friend, but he is straight and has a wife. Joshua is also a police and a detective, Seungcheol is his partner.

 

Both eyes meet and Seungcheol smiles at Jeonghan. He spoke to the beautiful woman who then nodded her head and left. Seungcheol walked towards him and Seungkwan. "What a beautiful couple, i wonder what both of you are talking about." Said Jeonghan sarcastically.

 

“She’s my senior’s daughter. And she also has a husband if you’re curious.” Answer Seungcheol. Seungcheol’s phone rang and he pick it up. “Hello? Yes, sir. Yes, I will be there in 10.”

 

“Jeonghan-ah, I have to go right now.”

 

“You’re not forget, right?” Jeonghan asked.

 

“Tomorrow, 7 p.m at Myeongdong Cinema. How could I forget that? I’ll pick you up by 6.” Seungcheol shows his smile and Jeonghan blushed.

 

"Another murder?" Seungkwan asked before Seungcheol left.

 

"Yeah." he replied and then Seungcheol ran off while calling Joshua.

 

 

***

 

 

Seungcheol open a message from Jeonghan, he smiles as he reads it. The message reads; Don’t get hurt. For Seungcheol a messages like that always make him happy, especially because it was sent by Jeonghan.

 

“Thank you for your hardwork, Seungcheol-ah! Because of you, we finished early today.” Said his senior. Seungcheol put his handphone in his pocket and bows to his senior.

 

“Most welcome, sir.” Answered Seungcheol. His senior patted Seungcheol's shoulder.

 

“Get rest, Seungcheol-ah…go on a date if you can.” Said his senior.

 

“That’s what he’s gonna do after this, senior-nim.” Joshua come out of nowhere. “Our little cheollie is not going to be single again.”

 

“Good for you, Seungcheol-ah.” His senior excuse himself. Seungcheol then kicked Joshua’s and make him run into Seungcheol’s car while laughing.

 

Seungcheol drove Joshua home before he went home. He has to fill his energy because tonight he’s going watch a movie with Jeonghan and if he doesn’t sleep, he will die for sure. Working in crime section is not easy, Seungcheol has to spy on suspects all night. It only takes an hour or two to sleep, or sometimes he didn’t even sleep at all.

 

Joshua is looking at his phone, and suddenly he scream and makes Seungcheol shock. “What the hell, Josh?! You shocked me!!”

 

“MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!!! OH MY GOD, MY WIFE IS PREGNANT, SEUNGCHEOL-AH!!” Joshua scream in happiness.

 

Joshua and his wife have been married for 3 years. They really want a baby but for 3 years of trying, his wife still not pregnant. Finally after 3 years of trying, starting from monitoring what they eat until changing their position, they finally will have a baby soon.

 

“I’m so happy for you, dude. All the waiting is worth now.” Said Seungcheol as his focus goes back to the road.

 

“What about you? When will you going to confess your feelings to Jeonghan?”

 

“Until the right time comes.” Answer him

 

“Don’t make him wait like that.” Said Joshua again. “You know, all this time…I thought you are straight. Until you tell me you want to confess your feelings to Jeonghan.”

 

Seungcheol can only laugh, “Like…how could you fall in love the Yoon Jeonghan by the way? He’s a pain in the you know…and since when you felt that way?” asked Joshua.

 

If Joshua want to know how he has fallen in love with Jeonghan, he don’t know how to explain that to him. It wasn’t because of his one million dollar smile, not because of his goddamn look. It’s the fireworks that he felt whenever he steal a glance at Jeonghan. He can’t see other thing but Jeonghan, his eyes glued only to him.

 

Seungcheol smile by just the thoughts of Jeonghan and all Joshua can see is how deep in love he is. Seungcheol start to open his mouth by saying,

 

“I knew I was in love with him when I wanted to share every moment with him. I want to sit with him at the edge of the creek and laugh with him. I want to lay in the grass under the sun holding his hand like my life depends on it—”

 

He stopped for awhile as he staring at the sun like how he’s staring at Jeonghan. He continue, “—I want to talk about meaningful things with him. I want to kiss him, hug him and marry him. I want to spend my life with him. That’s…that’s when I knew I was in love with him, with Yoon Jeonghan.”

 

 

***

 

 

The movie has been started for 40 minutes and Jeonghan is not looking at the screen but staring at Seungcheol who slept beside him. Seungcheol fell asleep with his right hand inside a popcorn bucket and his left hand to support his head.

 

Although in a dark cinema and his face is only illuminated by light from the screen, Jeonghan still finds Seungcheol handsome. He feels guilty that Seungcheol should be able to rest and sleep but instead accompany Jeonghan to watch in the cinema.

 

"If only the universe could tell me why i'm so in love with you. It's not like you're even cute, or funny, or smart, or anything...right?” said Jeonghan.

 

Wrong. Seungcheol is everything and everything Jeonghan has ever wanted. When the world see his face as just one attractive stranger passing them on the street. Jeonghan see his eyes, his smile, his nose and his goddamn facial structure and he see the face he want to wake up next every morning.

 

He tried to get over his feelings for Seungcheol, by went on a blind date for example. But after all these years, even after all the heartaches of being friendzoned, his love for Seungcheol will always flow like a river. He couldn’t pull it back, he couldn’t make it stop.

 

His feelings for Seungcheol are still remain the same just like years ago.

 

“I love you, idiot. Do you know that?” Jeonghan whispered to a sleeping Seungcheol, he smiled even when he know that Seungcheol wasn’t even listening to his words.

 

And Jeonghan spent the rest of the movie watching Seungcheol as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter