Kim Jisoo

The Girl I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jisoo

 

“Jisoo, darling! Come down for breakfast!”

“Okay, Umma!”

I couldn’t help but sigh; I’m not a big fan of going to the company without my sister with me. I’ve never been cut out for doing business because it’s not exactly my forte. Well, the past few years have been rather smooth-sailing but there’s a gap somewhere, and I feel it every time I step into the office. I don't know which part of me is becoming so sensitive but ever since I woke up in the hospital here in California, things have been really different. I've become even more sensitive and according to my sister, a lot more obedient towards our parents.

Although it was a Saturday, a day where I should be resting at home, I have to go to the office to clinch a big deal with the other shareholders. This isn't the path I want or am willing to take, much less the kind of life I want to lead for the rest of my life. 

“Good morning, Umma,” I smile and give her a big hug. I usually don’t stay over at my parents’ house often since I have my own apartment but my mother insisted. “What did you cook today?”

My mother was a beautiful, independent and most of all, a loving person so I have to try my best in order to make it up to her. I've been a terrible person, and I've been going against my parents ever since I left high school - it was absolutely wrong of me. I never realised how selfish I truly was back then but thinking about it now, I actually feel like an absolute brat for taking my parents for granted; some people never get to even see their parents. Parents want nothing but the best for you, and their love for me will not be ignored like that again.

Now that I know what happened before I woke up in the hospital, I won't waste the second chance at life that God has given me.

 

*

 

“Miss Kim, your father asked me to remind you that you’ll be having a meeting along with in Thailand for the upcoming collaboration with N.H. Corporations soon.”

“Thank you, Yoona-unnie. When will you start calling me by name though? You’re older than me and I don’t want to have to be referred to as a superior. Plus, you also have more experience working in a company too, right?”

The new CEO giggled heartily when she saw her secretary blush adorably, ignoring the fact that she was supposed to keep a distance from all her subordinates. She had been working alongside her father for quite some time and it was tiring, mostly because this was a new branch of the company in the United States and not her hometown. Now that he had stepped down and handed the company to her, she was considered new once more. Almost all her colleagues were older than her and only two were the same age as her.

There was no reason for her to have anyone greeting her like that when she should be the one being respectful to all of them.

Yoona, her secretary, was considered more than a friend to her. She was just like the elder sister she had, just that her sister was living overseas and not with the family.

“Miss Kim,” Yoona smiled sheepishly and changed her greeting at once, “J-Jisoo… don’t work too late, okay?”

Jisoo simply nodded and watched as her secretary left her office; she hated working in a company like this because it was difficult to understand, and she didn't major in any business course in university either. Come to think of it, Jisoo could barely remember anything ever since she woke up in hospital. Her parents did fill her in mostly everything, ranging from how she got into a car accident after her graduation from a university overseas hence waking up in a foreign hospital. She didn't doubt the story for one second, because her sister was also by her side when she woke up.

Well... it does feel good to be here.

Leaning back against her chair, Jisoo turned her laptop on and her nimble fingers flew over the keyboard effortlessly. She had memorized the position of the alphabets and numbers unconsciously after spending hours typing reports and contracts for the company.

Emails were her favourite.

 

To: Jisoo

Hey, Jisoo-ah.

I know things have been quiet on both sides and I just wanted to let you know how much I care for you – I miss you, my best friend. While I’ve been doing just fine, I hope you are too.

From: Lisa

 

Lalisa Manoban.

To the best of her own memory, Jisoo remembers most of what the two of them have been through ever since they were in elementary school. Coming from a foreign country, Lisa had no choice but to be paired with a native and her buddy happened to be Jisoo then. It was cliché, and a complete coincidence that the two of them were paired together but if one looks at it from another perspective: it was fate. Jisoo could remember how their friendship blossomed deeper with years, and how Lisa stood by her despite their differences.

Lisa really was the best.

 

To: Lisa

Hey, babe. I told you how I came to be here, right? Well, I still feel empty when I look through my old Instagram but… I can’t put my finger on it. I don’t know… still trying to figure things out, I guess. How is Chaeyoungie? Are the two of you still going strong?

From: Jisoo

 

Knock, knock.

“Jisoo?” Yoona poked her head in again, “he’s here.”

A shy smile crawled upon Jisoo's face at the mention of him, a warm feeling surrounding her heart. She had been waiting for this moment since she entered the office early this morning. Jisoo wasn’t a fan of gossip and receiving excessive attention for her relationships, especially since it served people’s thirst for gossip and she wasn’t going to be a target – not in her own office. Almost every employee in this company knew that Jisoo hated hearing gossip, even from other people so they tried their best to keep their mouths shut.

However, the one thing that none of them knew was that the he both of them were referring to, was Jisoo's date; and they had been going out for almost half a year.

Jisoo made sure to thank her secretary with a hug before packing her things into a bag; she was not going to make him wait too long or he’d get mad at her and sulk like a child. She smiled a little when she caught sight of her favourite guy standing against the wall with a cap perched on his head. One thing she couldn't understand about guys was their incessant need to wear a cap but after she met him, caps seemed to become part of their couple wear whenever they went out. Anyway, caps made Jisoo feel less conscious about her public appearances now.

“Hey,” Jisoo smiled, linking her arms around his smoothly. She leaned in and planted a peck on his cheek, “have you been waiting long?”

“I’d wait for you no matter how long it takes.”

A light blush covered Jisoo's cheeks, making her smack his arm playfully at how cheesy he was getting. She didn't know when she'd ever get used to his sweet words... not that she was really complaining though. Jisoo was in awe of how gentlemanly he was; his treatment hadn't changed ever since they began dating like other people said it would. He had been nothing but absolutely sweet and loving to her even when she had terrible moodswings and unpredictable gestures that could make people tired of her.

Here they are, still dating in their own world.

 

Life was good.

 

*

*

 

Lisa's eyelids fluttered open slowly, adjusting her sight to the light. She smiled goofily when she saw those familiar auburn locks in front of her the moment she opened her eyes; it was the most beautiful sight to be welcomed with early in the morning. She had no qualms about being in bed for the rest of the day, honestly; her part-time job was not taking too much of her time either so she just wanted to laze in bed with her precious girlfriend. In fact, Rosé was so peaceful, sleeping soundly like a baby and it was stirring multiple emotions in Lisa’s heart unconsciously.

“My baby Chaeyoungie…” Lisa whispered, adjusting her position so she could observe Rosé and make sure she was comfortable. She gently ran her fingers through Rosé's locks and leaned down to plant a kiss on her forehead, “sleep well, love.”

Getting out of bed was definitely not her favourite activity to do but Lisa didn’t have a choice. If s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter