End (FINAL)

your name will forever be engraved in my heart

The sun was bright, the birds were chirping as they flew around. People were walking here and there while talking on the phone or sipping coffee.

A huge building of a well-known hospital was standing so tall and proud. Great doctors with excellent awards work there.

At the back of the Hospital, where the simple yet beautiful garden was located, sitting one skinny girl with fair skin on a bench near a tree.

She was wearing patients clothing, her black hair falls on her shoulder, her pale face was blank and she stayed like a statue while looking straight to the front.

"Oh my god, there you are!"

A beautiful eye-smile doctor came to approach the girl. She was wearing her white coat with a stethoscope hanging around her neck and a name tag of 'Tiffany. H' attached on the right upper pocket of her coat.

"Hey. Have you had your breakfast?” Tiffany asked her patient.

"..."

Neither the patient answer nor did she give any response.

"Taeyeon, you need to eat. Let’s go?” Tiffany made sure to speak softly and reached out her hand at her patient, named Kim Taeyeon.

"Please...” Tiffany whispered and decided to just hold Taeyeon's wrist before she pulled Taeyeon up slowly.

Tiffany smiled when Taeyeon were not resisting and just followed her lead.

Tiffany brought Taeyeon back to Taeyeon's private ward room.

"Sit", Tiffany said which Taeyeon obeyed without saying anything.

"I know you don’t really like the hospital's food. So I made your breakfast again. Hope you like this one.” Tiffany said before taking a seat near Taeyeon to feed her.

Like her daily routine, Tiffany just kept feeding Taeyeon until Taeyeon finished up the food.

"Waah, you’ve finished it all. Good Taetae.” Tiffany giggled and patted Taeyeon's head gently.

"I'll clean this up and brings you coffee. Ok? Wait here. I'll be fast.” Tiffany told Taeyeon before she left the room.

Taeyeon moved to lean her back against the headboard of the hospital's bed.

Taeyeon turned her head to look at the outside view through the window with someone in her mind.

 

 

...

 

 

"Oh you drink 2 cups of coffee?"

Tiffany turned around to see her friend, Sooyoung.

"Nope. One is for Taeyeon.” Tiffany answered.

Sooyoung frowned.

"Fany. You're getting too attached to her.", Sooyoung said.

"Yeah?"

"And it’s not good for you."

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows.

"Look. She is your patient, JUST your patient.” Sooyoung said.

"I just want to remind you that.” Sooyoung added.

Tiffany sighed heavily and looked at Sooyoung with her sad face.

"I know. But I feel like I need to take care of her and I just... I can’t stop worrying about her.", Tiffany said.

"I understand. But Fany ah, don’t you forget, you and her are just strangers. You are just her doctor while she is just your patient.” Sooyoung told Tiffany.

"But Soo-"

"She was in coma for a year, Tiffany. She woke up just like 2 months ago. She will be doing one more surgery next month. She never talk and we don’t know who her family is.", Sooyoung mentioned the fact.

"That’s why she needs me Soo. She doesn’t have anyone else. I have to take care of her.", Tiffany said.

"But you want more than that Fany. I know you very well. I can see the way you look at her. You even paid all her expenses.", Sooyoung replied.

"I don’t know what you were talking about.” Tiffany said then walked with coffees in her hands.

"I just want you to be careful with your feelings", Sooyoung said out loud, making sure Tiffany heard her.

Tiffany let out a sigh once she entered the elevator.

"Is it wrong to fall for an innocent lonely soul?” Tiffany asked no one.

 

 

...

 

 

By the time Tiffany came back at Taeyeon's room, Taeyeon already fell asleep.

Tiffany put down the coffees on the table near the bed before she approached Taeyeon.

Tiffany smiled watching Taeyeon's peaceful face of sleeping. She couldn’t help but took a secret picture of a sleeping Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon ah. I wish to see you smile even just for once. You must be so pretty when you do.", Tiffany whispered.

Tiffany still can remember clearly the first time fate brought Taeyeon to her.

 

 

 

Flashback . . .

 

Tiffany was typing her report on her laptop when she got an urgent beep coming from her nurses at Operating Theatre.

Tiffany immediately grabbed her white coat and put it in before she rushed towards the Operating Theatre.

"Her head’s injured and it’s on left side. Huge wound on her stomach, left as well. Her right arm's broken. She's bleeding too much", one nurse informed Tiffany all the way into the Operating Theatre.

The rest of the nurses bowed at Tiffany as soon as she had entered. Tiffany observed Taeyeon's condition faster and gave a signal to all.

"Prepare everything. We'll do the surgery now or she won’t survive.” Tiffany commanded.

They all including Tiffany preparing all the necessary stuffs to do the surgery for Taeyeon.

The surgery went well and successful. But Taeyeon failed to wake up at predicted time so she was declared to be in a coma.

Another thing was, they couldn’t find any relatives or information about Taeyeon. Since Taeyeon was also brought there by an ambulance as local people called for it and her phone was broken already.

Taeyeon was involved in a terrible car accident. Many said her car was hit by a big truck which then ran away. The police was doing an investigation regarding that.

During her comatose, Tiffany was the one who wouldn’t stop taking care of her and watching her. Tiffany went to visit Taeyeon every day and checking her condition from time to time.

Tiffany talked to Taeyeon even if she doesn’t know who Taeyeon is at that time.

So when Taeyeon finally had opened her eyes for the first time after a year, Tiffany cried and hugged Taeyeon.

"Hi. Im sorry. I am Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang. I am the doctor who's in charge at your progress and all", Tiffany said, introducing herself to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon blinked her eyes with a small frown on her face.

"Take it easy. You just woke up after being in coma for a year.” Tiffany told her.

Taeyeon then closed her eyes and thats when Tiffany saw a single tear fell from Taeyeon's left eye.

"It’s alright. You're awake now, it’s a miracle that you managed to survive.", Tiffany said and put her palm on Taeyeon's hand.

"I need... To be alone", Taeyeon said in her cracked voice. Only then Tiffany remembered that she was there with a Nurse too, Yeri.

So Tiffany nodded in understanding, she and Yeri left the room quietly. But Tiffany stayed outside, listening to Taeyeon's cries.

It was such a heartbreaking moment for Tiffany too, it’s like she can feel the pain and sorrow through Taeyeon's cries. So, right at that time, Tiffany made a promise to herself that she will help Taeyeon as best as she could.

 

End of Flashback.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked around as she was not familiar with the place she was at currently. She tried to find a way for her to go home but she was not sure herself.

“Taeyeon”

Taeyeon reacted immediately as soon as she heard her most favorite voice. She turned behind and saw her beloved girlfriend standing beautifully with a soft smile on her face as her eyes staring straight into Taeyeon’s eyes.

Taeyeon smiled and sighed in relief before she walked towards her lover.

“Sicababy, where were you?” Taeyeon asked in concerned then pulled Jessica into her embrace.

Jessica hugged her back and rubbed her back.

“I’m just here Tae, I don’t go to anywhere else” Jessica answered.

Taeyeon then pulled away and looked at Jessica carefully.

“Your face looks brighter” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica chuckled then held Taeyeon’s hand.

“Come, I have something to show you” Jessica said before she pulled Taeyeon with her.

They walked for about 10 minutes until they has reached a beautiful place with amazing view that Taeyeon have never seen in her life.

It was as if like a garden, but an extraordinary one. Full with soft and sweet scent, pretty butterflies and flowers, there was even a waterfall and more.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Jessica asked and she sat down at one white bench.

Taeyeon was amazed by the great view and she was definitely awestruck by it.

“How did you find this place?” Taeyeon asked when she already sat down next to Jessica.

“Ah. I was wandering around and I just happened to stumble upon this place. I love it here, Tae” Jessica replied.

Jessica turned her head to face Taeyeon, Taeyeon turned to her as well. Jessica smiled sweetly at Taeyeon and Taeyeon could feel something isn’t right.

Jessica scooted closer to Taeyeon, wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s neck as she leaned her forehead gently on Taeyeon’s forehead. Taeyeon blinked her eyes and just let Jessica do her thing.

“Taeyeon” Jessica called Taeyeon’s name softly.

“Yes baby?”

Jessica smiled and closed her eyes.

“Tae, Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. My greatest love” Jessica said.

“…” Taeyeon frowned and she felt like Jessica will say something she does not wish to hear.

“Taeyeon ah” Jessica whispered Taeyeon’s name this time.

Slowly, Jessica pulled away from Taeyeon to stare at her properly. Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s face and caressed Taeyeon’s cheeks affectionately.

“Do you remember the last thing that had happened to us? To me, to you?” Jessica asked and Taeyeon shook her head.

“No I-“Just then, a flash of memory came into Taeyeon’s mind.

The reality just hit Taeyeon back. Slowly, she lifted her head up and looked at Jessica with her already teary eyes. 

Jessica's eyes were watery as well, but she still managed to give her best smile at Taeyeon.

"My love, Taeyeon" Jessica whispered and put her palms gently on both of Taeyeon's cheeks. 

"Why did you do that? Why did you hurt yourself? Why did you drink?" Jessica asked with worried. 

"I... I can't. I.. I just.. I need you here with me." Taeyeon answered. 

"You skipped meals. You got drunk and even got into a car accident. Do you remember the last thing i told you? I told you to take care of yourself" Jessica said.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I miss you so much. I can't live without you" Taeyeon sobbed. 

Jessica sighed softly and wiped off Taeyeon's tears. 

"Taeyeon ah. Please know that I will always miss you too. But you have to be strong. You have to move on and live" Jessica told her.

"Tell me Sica. Tell me how am i supposed to breathe without you? You are the air that I breathe, the reason why I live. I have no one else except you" Taeyeon said.

"Then learn to live without me. I may not be there physically. But remember, I'm always here..." Jessica paused as she put her hand on Taeyeon's chest.

"In your heart, Tae" Jessica continued her words. 

"Open your eyes, you'll see. There is someone else out there who'll take care of you. Don't hurt yourself anymore, Tae." Jessica said.

"..." Taeyeon just looked at Jessica with her sad eyes. 

"Taeyeon ah. Will you still listen to me?" Jessica asked and Taeyeon nodded slowly.

"Live. Live, Taeyeon ah. Live for me. Keep breathing and love again." Jessica told her.

"Sica-"

"And if its hard, try harder. Do not give up on your life. You have a long way to go. You deserves more, my love." Jessica said cutting her off. 

"How can i move on? How can i love again?" Taeyeon asked.

"First thing first, learn to accept the fate. You have to let me go, Tae. So I can go peacefully without worrying about you. Open your eyes, open up your heart, there will be someone who's willing to love you and to heal you." Jessica said. 

"I don't think I can. I only love you, Sica." Taeyeon replied.

"I never told you to forget me or to stop loving me, Tae. I just want you to live on, accept everything and love again. Can you do that for me? It's the last thing I asked from you."

"Why can't I just go with you?"

"Because its not the time yet. You have a life to continue and more to achieve."

Jessica pinched Taeyeon's cheek playfully before she pecked Taeyeon's nose. 

"Everything will be alright. I will always be here watching you from above. My heart will always there with you too." Jessica said. 

Taeyeon looked down and cried again.

"I.. I'll try" Taeyeon whispered. 

Jessica hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon hugged her back, tightly. Taeyeon cried harder, still doesnt feel like she can let Jessica go. 

"Take care. Ok?" Jessica asked one more time once they broke the hugs. 

Taeyeon nodded while still crying. 

"It's time" Jessica said.

Jessica leaned in to kiss Taeyeon's lips and smiled at her. Taeyeon was holding her hands, unwilling to let go. 

"Live, my love" Jessica said. 

"I love you, Sica" Taeyeon said.

Jessica smiled and a tear rolled down on her cheek.

"I love you too. Always" 

"Always.."

"Always.."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly and frowned when she noticed she's in a white room.

'Right. The hospital.' Taeyeon thought. 

"The dream seems so real", Taeyeon murmured to herself as she remembered her dream where she met the love of her life. 

Taeyeon groaned a little as she tried to sit up. She put on the slippers and went out to get some fresh air. 

It was late at night, but Taeyeon couldn't sleep again after waking up from her dream. 

Taeyeon went to the garden to sit on the usual bench. 

Taeyeon looked up at the sky and saw the stars. 

"Are you somewhere up there, my star?"

 

 

 

Tiffany just done performing another surgery for the other patient.

She went to check on Taeyeon first before she planned to go home but when she couldn't find Taeyeon, She was panicking.

"Oh god. Where is she?"

Tiffany then thought of the garden so she ran to there right away. 

When she saw Taeyeon was sitting there, at usual spot, Tiffany smiled in relieved. 

"Hey"

Tiffany approached and greeted Taeyeon. Taeyeon turned her head to look at Tiffany. 

"May I sit here?" Tiffany asked and gestured to the empty space beside Taeyeon.

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders before she looked up again. Tiffany sat down beside her and followed Taeyeon looking up, staring at the stars. 

"Have you ever loved someone?" Taeyeon asked her out of sudden. 

Tiffany got taken aback since this is the first time Taeyeon initiated a conversation with her. 

"I do" Tiffany answered after clearing . 

"Me too" Taeyeon said softly.

Tiffany felt down thinking of Taeyeon have someone else. 

"Oh. Who's the lucky one?" Tiffany asked hesitantly. 

"She is my world" Taeyeon answered with a smile plastered on her face. 

Tiffany was surprised seeing Taeyeon's first smile and she envied the person who's the reason of Taeyeon's smile. 

"I'm an orphan. I have no life. No road to go. Nothing to live for. But..."

"But...?"

"Everything has changed after I met her" Taeyeon said. 

Tiffany decided to stay silent and just listen to Taeyeon's story. 

"She brought a new life to me. She made me feel so alive. She taught me how to love, how to live. I've never been so happy all my life until she came"

"..."

"We were always together. She was always there with me. She gave me everything, guiding me through the hard life and all. She is the love of my life"

"Well. She seems special" Tiffany commented.

"Very. I hold her dearly in this heart of mine" Taeyeon replied.

"Uh.. Why don't you contact her? She doesn't know you're injured and-"

"No"

"Huh?"

Taeyeon smiled sadly. 

"She died"

Tiffany widened her eyes and was left speechless by the new information she got from Taeyeon. 

"She died.. a few days before I got into the car accident"

"..."

"I was devastated by it. I felt like.. There is no point in living anymore. That I have nothing left to live for. Losing her feels like losing the world."

"Taeyeon.. I.. I'm sorry for your loss" Tiffany mumbled lowly. 

Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh before she nodded her head. 

"I wish I can just die so that I can be with her up there. But.. Life goes on, I guess.." Taeyeon said. 

"Hey.." Tiffany put her palm on top of Taeyeon's hand causing Taeyeon to turn to her. 

"If you need someone, I.. I can.. I mean uhh.. I'm here f-for you" Tiffany said stuttering. 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany carefully and blinked her eyes. 

"Were you always like this to your patient?" Taeyeon asked.

"Huh? W-Well.. Uhm.. I care about all patients" Tiffany answered. 

"You're kind, Doctor. Doctor Hwang, should I call you like that?" Taeyeon asked.

"I called you Taeyeon. So umm.. You can call me by my name too" Tiffany replied.

"Hm? Tiffany?"

"Yeah"

"Can I call you Fany instead? Tiffany is kinda long for me"

Tiffany's heart beats faster hearing how her name sounds good coming out from Taeyeon's mouth. 

"Yes. Yes please. Call me Fany" Tiffany said while smiling at Taeyeon, showing off her beautiful eye-smile. 

Taeyeon was surprised as she just realised that Tiffany got one unique charm. 

"Pretty eye-smile you got there" Taeyeon complimented. 

Tiffany blushed and still smiling. 

"Thankyou" Tiffany mumbled. 

'Sica. I'm trying. I'll try to continue this life, for you. Because of you' Taeyeon said in her mind. 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

As time passed by, Taeyeon has grown to be so close with Tiffany. Tiffany doesn't let her chance to slip away. 

Once Taeyeon has shown that she was ready to open up, Tiffany approached her more and tried to get Taeyeon to be comfortable with her. 

Tiffany did everything she could in order to earn Taeyeon's trust while Taeyeon tried hard to move on. 

 

One day, Taeyeon was visited by Tiffany’s friend. Choi Sooyoung. 

“Hello Taeyeon sshi. I’m sure you saw me few times. I’m a doctor here too. The name is Sooyoung, I am Tiffany’s colleague.” Sooyoung said, introducing herself.

“Hello Sooyoung sshi. Also, it’s nice to finally meet you personally. Tiffany got a very protective friend.” Taeyeon replied calmly and smiled at Sooyoung.

“I’m sorry?” Sooyoung was startled by Taeyeon’s response.

“I saw the glances you threw at me whenever we crossed path.” Taeyeon said.

“Well that- “

“Sooyoung sshi?”

“Yeah?”

“I know your concern. I am well awared of Tiffany’s feelings too. I have no intention to neither hurt her nor play with her heart. I know I don’t show that I care but I do. She was always there for me and never fails to help me go through this... whatever situation I am facing currently.”

“If you care, you should let her know if she should continue having a feeling for you or not.”

Taeyeon smiled and nodded her head.

“I got it, Sooyoung sshi. I will talk to her soon.”

Sooyoung frowned and looked at Taeyeon.

“Are you going to tell her to stay away and move on?” Sooyoung asked, clearly worried about the whole thing.

“No. But I’m gonna tell her to give me some time.” Taeyeon answered honestly.

“Do you perhaps like her too?”

“She is a lovely woman, Sooyoung sshi. But for now, I can’t say anything about my feelings yet. That’s why I said... I need some time.”

“Oh. Ok. I’m sorry for being rude and all. She is a friend that I care about.” Sooyoung apologized.

“I totally understand.” Taeyeon replied.

“I hope you’ll recover well and good luck for your surgery.” Sooyoung said and bowed politely to Taeyeon.

“Thankyou, Sooyoung sshi.”

Just then, the door has opened revealing Tiffany. Tiffany frowned upon seeing Sooyoung. Sooyoung just smiled and said a short “Hi” before she left. 

“What was she doing here?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon with her serious face.

“Ah. She was just visiting.”

“Are you sure?” Tiffany squinted at Taeyeon.

“Why? Is there something I need to know?” Taeyeon asked back instead.

“Uh. No. Not at all.” Tiffany said quickly.

Taeyeon smiled and patted the space near her as a gesture to ask Tiffany to sit there which Tiffany just followed.

“I’ve discussed with my team. Your surgery will take place tomorrow night.” Tiffany told Taeyeon.

“Hmm.” Taeyeon hummed.

“Taeyeon? I have something to ask.”

“What is it?”

“Did she take all your heart? Is there any chance that you’ll let someone else to enter your life?” Tiffany asked bravely.

After considering so much, Tiffany has decided to ask rather than regret it in the future.

“She did. She took everything with her, all of me.” Taeyeon answered.

Taeyeon observed the downcast of Tiffany’s face.

“But… there is still the last piece of me left.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany looked back at her again.

“Fany ah. I know about your feelings.”

“Y-You do?”

“Yeah.”

“I- I’m sorry” Tiffany looked down, playing with her fingers.

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand gently and smiled when Tiffany looked at her.

“No. I’m sorry for pretending that I don’t know about it.” Taeyeon apologized.

“...”

“I want to ask you to give me some time, Fany ah.”

“Time?”

“Yes. I will tell you if I’m ready to open up fully to you and to accept you. Well, at least… Maybe until I’m really survive after the surgery.”

“You will! I will make sure that you’ll survive. It’s just one last surgery. It’s not something worse or what. It’s for-“

“Ok Fany, Fany? I got it. Alright?” Taeyeon chuckled when Tiffany went panic to explain about the surgery, etc.

"I just- Yeah." Tiffany bit down her lips. 

Taeyeon patted Tiffany's hand and give her a gentle smile. 

 

 

 


 

 

"Hey. Are you alright?"

Sooyoung came to check on Tiffany inside the restroom as soon as the surgery was done.

Tiffany was holding onto the edge of the sink as she closed her eyes tightly. 

"I've never been that nervous performing a surgery." Tiffany replied. 

Sooyoung rubbed Tiffany's back.

"You did well, Fany. Taeyeon has survived. The surgery went well. You saved her." Sooyoung said. 

"Yeah."

Tiffany exhaled deeply before she turned to Sooyoung and smiled. 

"She's one strong woman." Sooyoung chuckled. 

"She is." Tiffany agreed. 

"Are you going home now?"

"No. I'll stay the night here. I need to see her wake up first."

"You're still worried."

"Ofcourse I am."

"Alright alright. Just make sure to get some rest after this. Ok?"

"Will do. Thanks Soo." Tiffany hugged Sooyoung briefly. 

"Haha, yeah."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

On the next morning, Taeyeon woke up finding Tiffany slept on the couch at her ward room. 

Taeyeon went to put on her blanket on Tiffany and smiled as she patted Tiffany's head. 

After that, Taeyeon left the room to have a morning walk before she stopped by at the garden. 

"My body feels weak" Taeyeon mumbled to herself. She was supposed to be just resting at her room but she was stubborn. 

Taeyeon took a seat on a bench to rest first. 

She closed her eyes, feeling the breeze of a morning. 

Just then, Taeyeon felt something different. Her heart even pounded so hard on her chest. Taeyeon opened her eyes and sensed someone beside her. 

As she turned her head slowly, Taeyeon has stopped breathing for a second. 

Taeyeon's tears rolled down automatically, seeing the person she had missed the most right in front of her eyes. 

"Sica..." Taeyeon called the name of her beloved one in whisper. 

Jessica was sitting beside her, smiling sweetly which warms Taeyeon's heart. 

They were just staring into each other eyes, with tears still flowing out from Taeyeon's eyes while Jessica just kept smiling at Taeyeon. 

They weren't talking but they can understand what the two of them want to say to each other just by looking in the eyes. 

'I miss you' Taeyeon said in her mind.

'I miss you too' Taeyeon heard Jessica's voice in her ears even though Jessica was not talking at all. 

'I did what you told me to do. I've tried'

'I know. I'm watching you, always. Like what I promised you'

'Sica...'

'Tiffany is a sweet girl. I like her for you'

'Yeah'

'Everything will be alright'

'Mm'

Jessica smiled and shook her head. 

'Taeyeon ah. It's time for you to pursue your new happiness now. It's time to let me go for real'

'Can I see you again when I miss you?'

'Just close your eyes, call my name, and I'll be there'

Taeyeon was still crying but she smiled now. 

'Take care and be happy, my greatest love'

Jessica leaned her face closer and wiped off Taeyeon's tears gently. 

'I love you, Taeyeon ah. With all my heart'

Jessica gave one last kiss as she put her lips on Taeyeon's lips softly. 

Both of them let their tears fell down as their lips touched. 

'I love you too. So much, Sica' 

'Farewell, my love.'

"Taeyeon?"

Hearing Tiffany's voice calling for her, Jessica's figure started to disappear slowly. 

'I love you always' Jessica mouthed and smiled for once more before she completely gone from Taeyeon's sight. 

Taeyeon looked up at the bright sky and smiled. 

'I'll see you again, love. Because in my dreams, I always find my way back to you' Taeyeon thought. 

Taeyeon then looked at Tiffany who's coming to her. 

'I'll give a try for this new love and life. But your name will forever be engraved in my heart, Jessica Jung'

 

 

 

The end. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Finally, I've finished off this story. Huhuhu TT

First of all, I apologized for any wrong grammars or mistakes. 

Second, Thankyou for reading.

Third, Hope you guys enjoy this one. 

 

Have a good day/night, everyone. :)

 

Sincerely,

Iamrandom21 ^^