Chapter Two

The Blood Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Chaeyoung pressed her finger to the knob of her camera. It clicked as she spun it to the next roll. She raised kicked the dusty carpet and snapped a picture of it falling into place, the dust hanging in the light. With a good sneeze, she clicked to the next roll. She had a project, to take pictures and make a story out of them. She didn't know what story she wanted to tell, but there was no better place to start then the abandoned house. Nobody went there, it was her own personal playground. Her feet left traces on the dusty floorboards as she walked to the old kitchen. The appliances sat lonely and decrepit. Each was prepared to fall apart, each abandoned and no longer useful. She lifted her camera, the solid metal touching her skin as she looked though the lenses, lining up her next shot. The dripping faucet in the corner, the abandoned clamp with its knife for opening cans dangling helplessly from rusty hinges. Her eyes burned as she pressed her finger down, taking the shot.

  "Dammit, what's wrong with me." She scowled and waved her hand in front of her eyes, trying to stop the tears that edged at her eyes. "Must be the dust." Chaeyoung scowled, her teeth clenching as she rolled the dial again, clicking it to a fresh spot in her roll. The image of loneliness, perhaps that was why she felt that way, or maybe it was the way everything in the house laid abandoned, knowing it could never be used for what it was meant. Maybe it was the universes means of mocking her, letting her know that she would never amount to anything, making her aware that her talents would be left in the dust, rusting from disuse. Whatever the reason, it meant nothing to her. It had to, she had things to do. Chaeyoung dropped her camera, letting it bump against her s, dangling from her neck. She wasn't going to let herself get too emotional, instead she was going to do what she came for. She walked to the door of the basement, gripping the knob to open it. Her eyebrows furrowed when it just clicked, not opening. "Locked huh? Not a problem." She pulled a pin for turkeys out of her pocket, she expected it some things to be locked, so she came prepared. She inserted it into the small hole and pushed until she felt the lock pop, opening the door.

  Stuffing the pin in her pocket she opened the door, the door opened silently. It was odd, that the door was so quiet and well taken care of. It was as if someone had taken care to keep it silent, taken care to clean the hinges of rust. She stepped onto the wooden steps, feeling unease at how silent they were. Chaeyoung had been looking forward to the noise. The sound of solitude and abandonment. She wanted that, but the basement was oddly lacking. She closed the door behind her and slowly made her way down the steps. By the time she hit midway, she could see light b at the edge, unable to cut through the darkness. By the time she hit the cement floor of the basement she could see the light sitting beside a messy bed. A lonely lamp sitting beside torn blankets and a ratty pillow.

She raised her camera to the bed.

He raised his hand to her neck.

  Chaeyoung screamed when she felt lips brush her skin. She threw her elbows back trying to attack the person, she heard the attacker grunt. She felt them grab her and shove her forwards. She hit the bed, chocking on the dust that rose to meet her. She squeezed her eyes shut as hands dig into her arms, shoving her against the metal bar of the bed. Her knees ached, she could smell her blood and feel her damaged skin pressing into the cem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter