Chapter Three

The Blood Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin didn't move from his spot. His cheek was plastered against the stiff stone of the bar top and his body was limp. The music blasted through the club, but all he could taste was the blood he had stolen that night. He had locked himself away so he wouldn't harm anyone, yet a woman found him. Like the monster he was, he attacked her. His lips twitched in anger as he remembered her pleading screams. She screamed for safety and mercy, but he gave her none. His incisors scrapped against his lip drawing blood as his imagined the warm liquid caressing his tongue, flooding his mouth. He could feel her soft skin on his lips as her back pushed into his chest with each breath she took. Her blood tasted so sweet. It slid through his mouth like the finest of drinks, and soothed his stomach like the heartiest of meals. He felt better than he ever had, just a taste of her blood was better than anything he ever dreamed of. He wiped his mouth with a growl and slammed his palm on the bartop. "Dammit!" His yell drew the looks from few, the cracked bartop drew the attention of the barkeep.

  "Jimin, please, keep my property safe until I get off. I can't get fired." Taemin leaned towards his friend with a scowl. Jimin's lips flickered into a scowl as he glared at his friend accusingly. Just three weeks ago Jimin had his last shift as Taemin's coworker. He had lost his only connection to a blood supply and now he was waiting for his friend to get off work after he attacked a girl. Taemin understood Jimin's guilt from attacking a girl, he understood why his friend was flopping on the bar top in front of him. But Jimin knew that his friend would never understand the feeling of drinking her blood. She was his elixir. Somehow he knew that if he partook in her blood he would never grow weary. He knew that his body would crave nothing more.

  It proved he was just a monster.

  "I know." Jimin rubbed his face wearily. "You can't be like me, I get it." He spat, resting his cheek on the bartop again. They were turned vampires, they couldn't survive without blood. If they went long enough they would turn into mindless monsters. Like he almost did. Like he should have. The only way they could get blood was by working in places like he used to. Being fired he lost all access. He locked himself away after he felt the mindlessness set in. Now that his mind was clear again, he missed the near zombie state he had been in. He didn't have to deal with the guilt. The guilt of attacking a woman, and now, the guilt for craving her innocent body. He wanted her. He couldn't stop thinking about her. Everytime he closed his eyes he felt her against him, tasted her blood in his mouth. It was torture.

  "You shouldn't be here, Jimin." Taemin shook his head as he shook the metal canister. It felt foreboding seeing his younger friend in front of him. It was as if he were seeing a walking curse. A curse that could only spell evil.

  "I know, you're working." Jimin grumbled, staring at the glass as his friend poured some olive juice into the glass, then the martini.

  "No, I mean you shouldn't be here. In mind or body." Taemin sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter