Chapter Five

The Blood Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Chaeyoung's legs itched against her pants as she pushed her way through the crowd of university students. Her shoulders sagged under the weight of her backpack, but she pushed it from her mind as she looked back, looking to see if Taemin was following her. Her eyes scanned the crowd, the man wasn't there. The stress led her to itching at her neck, her woollen scarf scrapped against the bite on her neck as she rubbed at it. She turned the corner onto the street gasping as she slammed into Taemin's chest. The scent of alcohol made her senses fuzzy from the toxic smell. 

  "You have to come with me." He pressed his delicate finger against her lips as his brown eyes stared down at her, bold and committed. 

  "I don't have to go anywhere." Chaeyoung hissed as she slapped his finger away. "I know my rights and I will call the cops if you continue to harass me." 

  "The cops won't help you." Taemin tilted his head as a smug smile curled at his lips. "But I can. I know you trust me." Chaeyoung's face twisted in disgust as she stared him down. How could he presume that she trusted him? She didn't even know him, he was a stranger, one that had assaulted her and chased her down. Yet an odd part of her felt familiarity when she looked into his eyes. Some part of her saw the way his neck tensed and it told her he was being truthful, that he was excited. 

  "I don't know what you're talking about." She put her palms against his chest and pushed him away. She felt his muscles loosen as he took a few steps back, allowing her to force him away. "Bother somebody else." Chaeyoung turned and walked back to the library, back to the public area, away from him.
  
  "I can't." Taemin sighed heavily from behind her. "Come with me, and I'll show you the person who actually attacked you." 

  "You think that would lure me?" Chaeyoung stopped walking at stood in place, staring up at the sky. "How stupid do you think I am?" The same feeling that shook her earlier hooked into her and tempted her, she could feel it screwing with her brain. She knew she shouldn't see her assailant but something inside her was telling her that she needed to see him, she could feel her logic melting away. The voice was so soft but it was dominating her feelings telling her she should say yes, had to say yes. She hated it. 

  "Very, but that's not why." She could hear his steps as his voice grew louder. "I know you want to see him. Just like I knew you trusted me, just like I knew you weren't okay earlier." 

  "I don't want to see him." Chaeyoung turned and scowled at Taemin. She didn't, really, she didn't. She didn't want to be near the man that attacked her. She didn't want to be near that man whose breaths had echoed in her ears all day, whose very presence somehow was tangible to her whenever she recalled him. Her lip curled as she glared at him, defeat was humiliating, it pissed her off, yet she was going to fold. "Fine, take me to him." She followed him as he walked away. He guided her to a car and opened the door for her. With a judging glance she got in and pulled out her phone to text the license plate to her family.

  "Don't." Taemin snatched her phone and closed the door after he flipped the child lock. 

  "This wasn't part of the agreement!" Chaeyoung snapped as she pulled at the handle, growling when it proved immovable. Panic set in as she realised that sometimes curiosity wasn't the best cure and this was exactly what led her to getting assaulted in the first place. 

  "Nobody can follow us to where we are going." Taemin got into the drivers seat and started the car, calmly putting his foot on the gas and driving away from the library. "I'll give you your phone back after." 

  "Where are we going then?" Chaeyoung grit her teeth and buckled herself in. It made her sick to co-operate but she had agreed to go with him. At any moment she could bang against the windows and gain the attention of civilians, she had the upper hand not him. He just had a car. She had to remain calm. 

  "We're staying in the city, don't worry." He sighed, his fingers tapping against the steering wheel. "Do you have any idea the situation you're in?" 

  "If I did then do you think I would be in the car with you right now? If I knew then I wouldn't be lowering my pride to this degree just to know what is happening." Chaeyoung spat at him. She saw the look he gave her and she knew that he could read her. She was there because she was hormonal, because she felt something and she wanted to dig to the depths of that feeling. 

  "I am going to explain as much to you as I can before we get to him. You will have to trust me at every step if you want this to go right." With a sharp turn they pulled into a parkade. "This is happening too fast." Taemin jerked the car to a stop and glared at her, silently damning the girl for choosing a place so close to their destination. He got out, his shoes clacking against the cement. As soon as he opened the door as was out of the car and looking around the parkade. 

  "Hotel?" She didn't like how within a few moments of driving they were at their destination. The roads were too clear, the lights too fast to change. The building they entered was too high and clean, too expensive. 

  "No." He gripped her elbow and pulled her to the entrance. Taemin's fingers hit the keypad entering in a password that opened the elevator. "When we enter the room there will be three people inside. Jimin, your assailant, and two others. There will be a man and a woman, don't speak unless the man talks to you, whatever you do don't push the woman, she is his favourite. No matter what anyone says do not react." 

  Chaeyoung scoffed and crossed her arms. "That's all you are going to tell me?" Fear rustled at her nerves when he pressed for the highest level. She should never have agreed to come. She could be going to her death, he could work for the mafia, a gang, or even smugglers. They weren't in a hotel but the place was expensive looking, he was rich and well managed, even if he didn't smell elite. Money was powerful it could do anything, especially hide a murder. 

  "That's it. No matter what I say or they say don't react. Then I promise you will get to see him." Taemin's lips twitched as he fought to hide his smirk. He felt a bit bad for her, she had no idea what she was getting into, but he had been waiting for this moment a long time. 

  "I know you're going to screw me over." Chaeyoung touched her neck, trying to ease the itch. She shouldn't ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter