Chapter One

The Blood Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  He screamed and ran at the stranger. He had the person on the ground. His knees were digging into the wet pavement as he straddled the stranger. "Run!" He looked at the toddler with determined eyes. "GET BACK TO THE SISTERS!" He yelled at the girl, his limbs shaking as the dark figure snarled, fighting back. He yelped as he got thrown into a wall. His head spun as he watched the figure get up. He could hear the girl's boots sploshing through puddles, he could smell his blood in the air. "You can't have her." He forced himself off the brick wall, stumbling. His clouded eyes tried to focus on the stranger in front of him. Instead of an answer he hear a hiss, then pain.

  He had entered hell.

  Jimin opened his eyes wearily. His fingers d along the night table as he softly pressed the snooze button. The resounding crunch made his eyes twitch. He barely had enough money to support himself when he was buying so many alarm clocks. He closed his eyes as he shoved the clock off the stand. There was no point in waking up, he had no job anymore.

  He gripped his blanket and pulled it into his chest, curling up into it.

  No wonder he was dreaming again, that dream. It always came up when something bad was happening, when something bad was going to happen. Jimin sighed and nuzzled the blanket with his nose. He wanted to pretend he was normal just a moment longer. He missed the orphanage every day. He missed hearing the kids shrieking outside his window, jumping on his bed and vying for his attention when he slept just a little too late.

  It was the job of his dreams. So it was no wonder it left when he entered his hell.

  Jimin opened his eyes again, looking blankly at the faded wallpaper across from him. He had run out of blood a week ago. He could feel the shaking setting in already. He feared what he would become. He was a turned vampire, he was weak. If he went without blood for long enough, he would go crazy. He would attack the people he cared about, he would never be sane again. He was already becoming that monster.

  "Another day, another moment alive." He chuckled at his pitiful comment and he pulled himself out of his bed. Jimin's eyes dragged to the ladder. He could see his way out. All he had to do was lift the door and he could leave the basement, but he knew that as soon as he saw a human he would grow thirsty. He would attack them, just like the man that had attacked him. He would never let himself out, he was going to let himself rot before he hurt a human.

~~~

  Chaeyoung crossed her arms and glared at the boy presenting. Everything he said ticked her off, he was making a presentation on WW1 and the effects of it on the world. Sure his knowledge of the situation wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter