Chapter 3

It Is Called As Fate

“You have a daughter? You’re already married?” Rose asked while frowning.

“Rose, I-“ Taehyung could not finish his sentence when Rose put her hand up and quickly walked away from Taehyung and Jiyool and went towards the kitchen of the café.

“Rose, I’m sorry.” Taehyung whispered softly.

Jiyool pulled the hem of Taehyung’s shirt lightly. “Appa, are you okay?”

Taehyung crouched down. “Jiyool-ah, can we eat patbingsu another time?”

Jiyool nodded. “Sure.”

Taehyung weakly smiled and stood up while holding Jiyool’s hand. He looked towards the kitchen hoping to see a glimpse of Rose but there was no sign of Rose at all. He walked out of the café with Jiyool and decided to just go back home.

 

 

Chaeyoung and Jungkook were watching the television in the living room. They were seating side by side on the sofa.

“Stop it.” Chaeyoung smacked Jungkook’s hand as he kept playing with her hair.

Jungkook leaned his face closer to Chaeyoung’s and whispered. “Let’s go to bed.”

Chaeyoung glanced at him and gave a glare making Jungkook smirked. Jungkook was going to wrap his arms around her waist when Mrs Jeon came into the living room. Jungkook cleared his throat and move aside slightly while crossing his arms over his chest and pretended to be watching the television.

Mrs Jeon took a seat at the left side of the sofa and smiled while looking at Chaeyoung.

“Chaeyoung-ah.” Mrs Jeon called softly making Chaeyoung turned her head towards Mrs Jeon’s direction.

“Ne?” Chaeyoung said as a response.

“Do you remember Mrs Jung? A friend of mine.” Mrs Jeon said.

“Mrs Jung? Ahh, yes. I do remember her.” Chaeyoung said. “Wae?”

“She has been pestering me to tell you this. She really likes you. She wanted you to meet her son.” Mrs Jeon said excitedly.

“What?!” Jungkook asked with his shocked face.

“It’s none of your business.” Mrs Jeon told Jungkook.

“It is my business if it involves Chaeyoung.” Jungkook said.

“Stop bothering with her life. Get yourself a girl first. Then, you won’t be jealous.”

“No. I don’t approve.” Jungkook said while shaking his head.

“Yah. I asked Chaeyoung not you.” Mrs Jeon rolled her eyes.

“No. My answer is no.” Jungkook frowned.

“What do you think, Chaeyoung?” Mrs Jeon averted her gaze towards, completely ignored Jungkook who looked like he could someone.

“Mom! Can you please stop it?” Jungkook said.

“What? It’s not like Chaeyoung is seeing someone now?”

Chaeyoung held Jungkook’s arm and smiled. “I-I guess it’s okay. Well-“

“Really? You don’t mind? I’ll tell you the date and place tomorrow morning. Thank you, Chaeyoung. I’ll go to sleep now. Night.” Mrs Jeon said and went upstairs immediately.

Chaeyoung quickly turned her head to look at Jungkook when Mrs Jeon already went upstairs.

“Hey.” Chaeyoung said softly.

Jungkook kept his eyes focused onto the television with his serious face on.

“Jungkook.”

Still no answer from him.

“Jungkookie.”

Jungkook turned his attention towards Chaeyoung but remained silent.

“You know that I can never say no to your mom, right? I owe her my life.” Chaeyoung said softly.

Jungkook looked away for a moment and turned his head to look at Chaeyoung back. He took Chaeyoung’s hands into his while caressing her hands gently.

“Promise me that you won’t fall for that guy.”

Chaeyoung nodded eagerly before she pulled one of her hand to lift it and said, “I promise.”

Jungkook sighed. “Come here.” He placed his both hands on the side of her head and pulled her into his arms. He placed his mouth near her ear.

“I don’t want to lose you. I’m afraid of the thought of you seeing someone else. I can’t bear to lose you.”

Chaeyoung smiled and turned her head to stare into his eyes. “Don’t worry. I’ll just go and meet him for the first and the last time.”

Jungkook stared her face for a while and smiled before he kissed her forehead.

“Aunty!” Jiyool came running towards Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung pulled away from Jungkook and welcomed Jiyool into her arms. Jungkook smiled while looking at the two. He thought that it will be wonderful to have a child of his own. He smiled with the thought of having a child with Chaeyoung.

Taehyung came and slumped his body onto the sofa across from Jungkook.

“Can I sleep with you tonight, aunty?” Jiyool asked Chaeyoung.

“Sure, why not. Let’s get you to bed now.” Chaeyoung told Jiyool as she sensed that Taehyung need his alone time just by looking at his face.

“Goodnight everyone.” Chaeyoung said and took Jiyool to her room.

“Goodnight appa and uncle!” Jiyool waved towards Taehyung and Jungkook.

Taehyung just smiled and waved back while Jungkook just nodded.

“Great, now I have to share Chaeyoung with Jiyool.” Jungkook scoffed.

Taehyung threw a cushion towards Jungkook. “For Pete’s sake, she’s a kid. Don’t be so jealous.” Taehyung chuckled.

Jungkook chuckled and looked at Taehyung. “What’s with the face, hyung?”

Taehyung sighed. “I found her.”

“Her? Who?” Jungkook asked.

Taehyung remained silent.

Jungkook’s jaw dropped. “Don’t tell me that you’ve met Rose.”

Taehyung nodded.

“Did you talk to her?” Jungkook asked.

Taehyung shook his head. “I tried to but as expected she avoided me.”

Jungkook sighed. “Well, I don’t really know what to say hyung but I think the best that you can do is to tell her the truth. She need to know the truth. I know that she will avoid you but just try. Like how you tried so hard to get her last time.”

Taehyung turned his gaze towards Jungkook and nodded. “Yeah. You’re right.” He smiled and stood up before he squeezed Jungkook’s shoulder. “Thanks, night.”

Jungkook smiled and looked at Taehyung until he disappeared into his room. Jungkook laid down on the sofa and fell asleep.

 

 

Rose just finished with her work and decided to go home early. As she walked out of the café’s front door, she had a shocked when she saw Taehyung was standing in front of her.

“What are you doing here?” Rose asked while frowning.

“I was looking for you.” Taehyung weakly smiled.

“You don’t have to.” Rose said and walked past him.

Taehyung grabbed her wrist and stood in front of her.

“What are you doing?” Rose said sternly and pulled her hand back.

“We need to talk, please.” Taehyung said softly.

“No, we have nothing to talk about. The moment you left me waiting for you at the café already made me lost my faith on you. We are already over the moment you left me 5 years ago.” Rose shook her head with tears in her eyes.

“I know and I’m so sorry. You need to listen to me.” Taehyung said desperately.

Rose shook her head while sobbing silently as tears already fell from her eyes. “I won’t let you hurt me again.” Rose walked away while wiping her tears away.

 

 

A week passed and it was the day that Chaeyoung will meet the son of Mrs Jung. Chaeyoung already left the house a few hours ago, leaving Jungkook alone in the house on the weekend. Taehyung already left the house early in the morning, saying that he had something to do. Jungkook opened the fridge and took a bottle of an orange juice. He walked towards the living room and saw Jiyool was watching a cartoon while hugging her small teddy bear. He took a seat beside her on the sofa.

“Where did your father go, Jiyool-ah?”Jungkook asked.

Jiyool shook her head and focused back onto the television.

Jungkook stared blankly onto the television. Suddenly an idea came to his mind and he smirked.

“Jiyool-ah, do you want to eat ice cream?”

“Ice cream?” Jiyool asked while looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded.

Jiyool grinned. “I want to ice cream.”

“Let’s go. I’ll buy you the best ice cream.” Jungkook took the remote on the table and turned off the television before walking out of the house with Jiyool in his hand.

 

 

Chaeyoung sat nervously while facing Mrs Jung’s son, Jung Jaehyung. They had been silence for a while as Jaehyung wasn’t the type who talk a lot. They were just seating there awkwardly. Chaeyoung glanced at her watch and 30 minutes had passed but they only introduced about themselves, nothing else. Chaeyoung looked towards the window as they were seating beside the window when two familiar figures walked towards the café that they were in. Chaeyoung’s eyebrows met when she saw who were the two figures.

“Mommy!” Jiyool came running towards Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung who looked so shocked just welcomed Jiyool into her arms. “Jiyool-ah, what are you doing here?”

Jiyool pulled away from Chaeyoung and looked towards Chaeyoung and Jaehyung back and forth. “Who is this ahjussi, mommy?”

“Mommy?” Jaehyun asked in disbelief.

Jiyool nodded.

“You had a child already? Woah, I thought you are single. My mom said you are still single. Guess I’ve been fooled.” Jaehyung said and faked a laugh.

Chaeyoung was speechless and she was confused why Jiyool is calling her ‘mommy’.

Jiyool looked behind Chaeyoung and exclaimed. “Daddy!”

“W-what?” Chaeyoung turned behind and her eyes went wide.

“What now?” Jaehyung scoffed.

Jungkook stood beside Chaeyoung and smirked. “Sorry to tell you this but as you can see, Chaeyoung is already taken.”

Jaehyun just stared at Jungkook with his jaw clenched.

“Ahh, you must be shocked right? Well, we had our marriage secretly. And this is our daughter.” Jungkook patted Jiyool’s head.

Jaehyun scoffed. “Unbelievable.” He stood up and walked away from the café.

After Jaehyun left, Jungkook took a seat where Jaehyun sat a while ago.

“I don’t like that guy.” Jungkook snorted.

Chaeyoung burst into laughter. Jiyool and Jungkook looked at Chaeyoung.

After calming herself. “I can’t believe you guys, especially you.” Chaeyoung pinched Jiyool’s cheek lightly.

“Can I have my ice cream now?” Jiyool asked sheepishly.

Jungkook laughed. “Sure, just order anything that you want. I’ll buy for you.”

“Yay!” Jiyool said excitedly and went to make her order at the counter.

Jungkook turned his head to look at Chaeyoung and glared at her.

“I can’t believe that you even dressed up to meet that guy.” Jungkook scoffed.

Chaeyoung just smiled while staring at Jungkook.

“Are you trying to impress him? Well, I’m sorry but you can only impress me.” Jungkook looked away.

Chaeyoung took Jungkook’s hands into hers and caressed them gently. Jungkook turned his head towards Chaeyoung.

“Jungkook.”

“What?” Jungkook asked while glaring at her.

“Let’s tell them the truth.” Chaeyoung said while smiling.

“W-what?” Jungkook’s glare face was replaced with a confused face.

“I said, let’s tell them the truth. Your parents and my mom.”

“R-really? You’re sure?!” Jungkook asked and grasped her hands tightly.

Chaeyoung nodded with a smile still on her face.

“Thank you, Chaeyoung.” Jungkook said and took her hands near his face and kissed them.

 

 

“Rose! Wait.” Taehyung was walking quickly as he tried to catch up with her.

Rose walked quickly when she saw Taehyung was waiting for her at the front of her café. He had been waiting for her since the day he saw her. But Rose never give him any chances and she kind of felt bad about it. Rose stopped abruptly and turned her body and saw Taehyung was panting in front of her.

“Can you please stop doing this? I’m sure your wife is not going to be happy if she know about it. Don’t you pity your daughter?” Rose said while looking at every directions as she was avoiding his eyes.

“W-what?” Taehyung frowned.

“We were over, Taehyung-ssi. You can’t keep doing this.” Rose kept on talking non-stop.

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Taehyung asked.

Rose sighed. “Please, just go home. Go to your wife and yo-“

“I don’t have a wife.”

“Woah, now you are denying your own wife. I pity her.” Rose said sarcastically.

“I’m telling the truth.” Taehyung said.

“Pffftt, yeah right. You just said th-“ Rose was cut off.

“I am not married, Rose. Can you please listen to me first?” Taehyung sighed.

Rose gave him a questioning look.

“Can we go to the park? I’ll tell you everything.” Taehyung asked.

Rose weakly nodded.

They were seated on a bench in the park. Taehyung told her everything that he wanted to tell her since 5 years ago.

Rose gasped. “J-jiyool is not your daughter?”

Taehyung weakly nodded. “Jiyool is actually a daughter of a friend of mine. The day when I didn’t come to the restaurant to meet you was the day that Jiyool was born. I was going to the restaurant when I received a call that Jiyool’s mother passed away after giving birth. I went there straight away as I sensed something is wrong just by listening to his voice. When I reached his house, I saw Jiyool’s father who is my friend killed himself.” Taehyung sighed. “I went to Japan because my parents couldn’t accept the decision that I made which is to take care of Jiyool. A week after that I received a call saying that my parents had an accident and passed away. I didn’t know what to do anymore at that time. Fortunately, I have Jungkook and his family. They have been helping me since then. I am so sorry, Rose. I couldn’t tell you all this 5 years ago.”

Rose sniffed as tears threatened to fall.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Taehyung asked softly.

“I-I can’t. I feel sad for Jiyool. She had been living for 4 years without a mom.”

Taehyung smiled.

“I am sorry, Taehyung.” Rose sobbed.

Taehyung pulled Rose into his arms and caressed her hairs softly.

“I’m sorry.” Rose mumbled into his chest.

 

 

Just finished one of my test. Well more tests are coming. Oh, more reports too. I’m dead. Hahaha !

 

This is unedited. Comment and vote please ! ><

This is just a short story. It will end soon. Sorry for a crappy story ! ><