The One

You're Not In Love With Me

.

 


It was stupid. Wonshik thought if he gave Taekwoon his umbrella, it could be his excuse to meet him again. Instead, he caught a cold. And Jaehwan told him Taekwoon returned the umbrella to him the next day at the cafe. I guess I still have your sweater, Wonshik thought, but would he still want it back now?

Apparently, Wonshik didn't even needed to make an excuse to see Taekwoon again. Because he actually saw him everywhere now. From the grocery stores, to the parks, to random shops, or random cafes. He saw him again and again, all over the place. But somehow they never meet face to face. Either Taekwoon saw Wonshik coming and tried to avoid him or it really was all just a coincidence.

But knowing they are both connected by the red string of fate. These can't all be coincidences. This is the work of the string. It's trying to pull them together. 

And the more Wonshik saw Taekwoon the more he's having these feelings. These feelings of wanting to be close to him. Or just the feeling of wanting him. Touch him. Which isn't be right because he hardly knew him.

Is it the string that's making him feel this way? Or are these feelings real? Wonshik doesn't know anymore.

 

One evening Wonshik was biking home from his studio. It had just gotten dark and the street lights had just flickered on. And out of nowhere a cat appeared in the middle of the narrow road. he tried to break, but for some reason he couldn't. Then again out of nowhere someone ran out from the street towards the cat.

He still couldn't break, so Wonshik abruptly swerved his bike sideways. Probably, the momentum or gravity got to him, and the next thing he knew he was on the ground.

"Are you ok?" He heard a gentle voice, as he picked the bike up off of himself to stand up.

"I think so," Wonshik groaned, as he looked up to the owner of the voice.

It was Taekwoon. Glowing under the street lamps, holding a furry grey cat who was trying to scramble of his arms.

Taekwoon's eyes widen in a moment of surprise. Then looked down at Wonshik's arm. "You're bleeding."

 

The cat ran away eventually, and somehow they ended up sitting outside of a convenient store together with a first aid kit. 

"Please give me your hand," Taekwook said, almost too professionally.

So Wonshik gave him his injured right hand. It really wasn't that bad, just a couple scrapes on his palm and wrist. He told the other he could wrap it up himself. But Taekwoon said it was somehow his fault. Wonshik told him it was just an accident, but he insisted. So here they were.

The moment the antiseptic swab touched his skin Wonshik couldn't help but hissed.

"So sorry, just a little bit more," Taekwoon whispered ever so gently, like the way he was carefully dabbing the swab over Wonshik's hand. That gentleness made it feel not as bad. 

As if it couldn't get any better the next thing Wonshik knew the other was blowing on his hand. To dry the antiseptic he guessed, but is this necessary? You know, Wonshik didn't care. Not with Taekwoon's puffy cheeks and his pink pouted lips. It's sweet. It's cute. Wonshik thought his heart must had sped up a couple beats a second.

He continued watching Taekwoon silently, as the other concentratedly put on the ointment and gauze around his hand. And at some point there Wonshik thought, he really may be "the one".

"Is that okay?" Taekwoon asked once he was all done.

Wonshik finally looked down at his bandage hand for the first time. And then looked back at Taekwoon. And something just came over him. He leaned over the short distance between them and kissed the other on the cheek, just shy of catching the corner of his lips. Wonshik wasn't even sure what he was aiming for. But he kissed him none the less. 

When Wonshik pulled away Taekwoon's face looked surprised, hand touching his cheek. Was he mad, embarrassed, distressed? Wonshik couldn't tell.

Without warning, Taekwoon suddenly stood up, handed him the first aid kit and murmured, "take care" and quickly walked away.

The moment went by so fast Wonshik didn't know how to react. Thinking backing for a second now, he should had just said, "thank you."

 

 

 

___________________________
Author's Note
I'm starting to regret making Taekwoon a grim reaper. But I wanted a plot twist. Cuz my other plot twist was making him come from another time period, but that would had made the story twice as long and complicated. IDK...

Please look forward to the next chapter. Comments would be

 

 

 

.