#4 The End

Your Disappearance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n

firstly, im really sorry if this chapter's edits, like the font and size and all, are super out of place and weird. i did it on my phone so im rly sorry. if it looks too weird, tell me and i'll try to fix it so it'll look better. 

also, rmb to read my note at the end of the chapter! okay have fun, loves. ♡

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I stood up from my spot and started inching towards the sea slowly. Before completely being able to touch the sea, I looked back at the beach and took a glance. There was this tree. It was big and hundreds on leaves were on the branches making it look like a huge broccoli. This tree caught my eye out of everything else. Why exactly, you may ask? Well, because there was this tall, muscular figure that was behind the tree, looking back at me. 

It can't be. 
It just can't be.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes before focusing on that tree. There was nothing. It was just the tree.

I'm hallucinating things. 
I'm slowly going insane.

 

I was cleaning up your room. Putting back things in place. Waiting for you to come back. If you ever did. It was something I did every few weeks. 3 years. 3 long hard years. 

I felt the warm ocean touch my foot as I took my first step. 

It was so tiring. Making sure no one talks about you. Making sure I held back my tears whenever someone talked about you. Making sure I knew the right answers to everyone's questions. 

I looked at the sea as it rised to the shore and back to the ocean. White foam and bubbles were visible on the surface of the water. I kept stepping forward. One foot at a time. 

"Do you know when Hyunwoo's coming back? I haven't seen him in a while."


"Oh, he's really busy with work. But don't worry, I'll remember to tell him about you." 


"Thanks, me and the others are planning for a reunion soon." 


I smiled and gripped the end of my sleeve hard under the table. Always one of your friends would tell me to meet up at a place and ask me about your wellbeing. Then, I would always reply with the same answer. They would then leave and I would be left there, tears threatening to drop. 

The ocean was knee-high. I was still so far from the end of the ocean. I wanted to be able to touch the sky like how the sea did every day. I wanted to be like the ocean. Free.

Until one day, the police arrived to our front door. I had just finished cleaning up. I went to the front door, not hoping much.

"Good afternoon, sir. Are you Kihyun?" 


"Yes, I am. Is anything wrong?"


A heavy silence settled between me and the police.
"Sir, we're here to tell you that Hyunwoo and his gang were caught in a mass firing and unfortunately most were unlucky. Were not able to survive."


The police sounded quite monotone.
I couldn't believe what I heard. On one hand, you were alive for the past three years. On the other, there was such a high chance you were dead already, even before I was able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter