#2

Your Disappearance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were at the beach for almost 4 hours. 

Built sand castles, went swimming in the chilly ocean and might've even made out a little longer than the last one.

After all that, darkness grew and overpowered light. The fluffy white clouds turned almost translucent. Countless stars were spread all over the sky and a toenail shaped moon hung in the middle, with its radiating light spreading all around it. The ocean had wavy lines of light reflected from the bright moon. It looked like the cliche type of beach photography you'd find on the internet. But seeing it in real life, was spectacular.

Both of us were just sitting side by side taking in the beach's beauty. You had your arms at the back of you to support yourself with legs straight out while I tucked my legs close to me. Around us were tents that were set up by the other families and couples that were here earlier. But now, there were only two humans on shore, visible. Me and you. 

I saw a little group around a campfire with triangular tents behind them, singing really softly.

"Are we going to stay here for a night too?" I asked with fingers crossed in my head. 

"Heck no. We're going somewhere else later." You said with eyes still glued to the view.

Hm. You knew. Knew that although I loved the beach, I hated camping outdoors. Extra brownie points for that. Just to be clear though, it's not that I hated people who camped outside and sang songs like that group, it just isn't my cup of tea but I still loved the outdoors.

While you were still distracted, I shuffled myself and settled between your legs. I rested my head on your chest. I could hear your heartbeat beating the same pace as mine. I felt contented.

"What was that for? Sand were flying everywhere while you came here. It was annoying." You said as you kissed the crown of my head despite being a little irritated.

"Well, I'm sorry, mister." I side-eyed you. 

"Forgiven." That word was barely a whisper but I still heard it. 

We stayed like that for a while. It felt so calming. For that moment, we were away from all the chaos in our hectic lives. It had been so long since we stopped working fast, 24/7, when we could barely even hold a solid conversation. And here we were. Totally ignoring our usual lives.

That thought. That one thought brought me back to the present. I thought to myself, "if you never took up that job, maybe none of this would've happened. You wouldn't have left in the first place. This was your fault too, Hyunwoo." 

But being the soft-hearted individual, I couldn't bring myself to blame you. It was just impossible. 

"But really, would everything have changed if we picked the other choice? Would I have been able to make you stay?"

I grabbed a handful of sand with a strong grip, not wanting a grain to slip. Then, I slowly opened my hand, letting the sand seep through the gaps between my fingers. It looked like sand in an hourglass. I repeated this a few times because I felt fidgety. After that, I started drawing on the sand with a scrawny-looking twig nearby. 

"What are you drawing?" You asked after a while. I drew all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter