#3

Your Disappearance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: i HIGHLY suggest listening to sad songs while reading this. have fun <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard slight muffled shuffling coming from your side. Without opening my eyes, I blindly stretched my arm, trying to reach my phone. Once I felt a solid rectangle in my grip, I slowly opened my heavy eyelids which ended up me squinting. 

 

3.27 am. It read. And I closed my eyes back while scrunching my forehead, making it a little wrinkly.

 

"I'm sorry I woke you up, baby. You can go back to sleep." Despite what you said, I went against you. 

I slowly sat up straight and ruffled my hair. 

"Why are you awake so early? Couldn't sleep?" Once again, my eyes were still close shut. When I realized you didn't answer, I opened my eyes. It was rare when you didn't answer. It only happens when you were busy with, let's say, work. I was hoping so hard that this wasn't the case and it was you not hearing my question. I saw you half-, without a shirt on. You were packing things into your duffel bag and looked a little rushed. 

"Please say you're not leaving. Again." I said with an irritable voice. 

You stopped what you were doing and stared at the ground before you looked at me and answered.

"Ki, I'm really sorry. I have to go. It's important." You sounded very stern. It was a little intimidating.

"But it's the third time this month. You said that the previous one would be the last one."

"I know I said that. But this time it's serious. I'm really sorry." I sighed. It's not like I was in a position to not let you go. It was not like I had the power to make you drop that stupid job. So, I let you go. It was the worst decision I've ever made. 

"I promise I'll be back real soon. Now, go back to sleep. When you wake up, I'll be right here, okay?" You said as you climbed onto the bed, shortening our distance. You then wrapped me in your tight embrace and kissed me on the forehead. 

"Aren't you going to kiss me for real before you go?" 

"I'm saving it. So, when I come back, I can kiss you for as long as I want." You said with a big smile. However, this all felt odd to me. Something was off from the way you smiled. You were hiding something and I wanted to know what that something was. But, stupid me just assumed that I was over seeing things and stayed silent. 

You got off the bed, put on a shirt and grabbed your bag. Before leaving, you tucked me into the bed. 

"Stay safe and come back alive, okay? Come back soon." I took my opportunity while you leaned down close to me and cupped your face while saying that. 

"Like I said, I'll come back immediately. Have some faith in me, idiot. Now, close your eyes and sleep. It's a little too early for you to be awake."

"It's your fault for being loud." I joked. You smiled at that. 

"I'm going now, okay? I love you with all my heart. Keep that in mind." 

"I love you too." With that, you left. 

'Click.' There went the closing of the door. And the last time I ever saw you. 

 

That morning was so different. I should've trusted my gut and questioned you. I thought I was just too overly obsessed with the slight change in your expressions and words since it was at the crack of the morning. What if I had said " it", went against my capability and made you stay? I regretted so much after that morning. I shouldn't have assumed that I was just tired. I wish I did something. Anything. Just so you wouldn't have had to step a foot outside the door and vanish forever. I'm sorry. This was all my fault. 

 

I woke up with a hazy vision. 

"Hyunwoo-ah, what time is it?" I subconsciously called out while rubbing my eyes.

"Hyunwoo? Babe?" I forgot about last night. 

"Ah, he's not here." A slight sadness crept into my heart. Suddenly, I remembered you saying you'd be back when my eyes opened. You were supposed to be the first thing I saw. You were supposed to be right next to me, dead asleep because your job was tiring. But you weren't. Maybe you were on  your way. Maybe the journey back here took time. Or maybe...no. You're fine. You promised me you would be fine. 

"It's okay. I'll wait for you to be back." I got up and went to the bathroom to clean myself up before you came back. When I came out with a towel around my waist, I heard an alarm ring.

God, that's annoying. But it sounded familiar. Weird.

Before getting dressed, I followed the sound of the ringing alarm and found your phone vibrating on the side table. 

Idiot forgot h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter