Chapter 7

It's Still Only You

Jeonghan couldn't take it anymore and he took a deep breathe before he stepped away from Seungcheol, wanting to leave before the other could see the tears that were threatening to fall from his frustrated eyes. He didn't know what he wanted to accomplish from this encounter but it certainly wasn't this. If anything, he had just made things worse between him and Seungcheol and that just left him feeling angry. Angry at the world for how things turned out and angry at Seungcheol for moving on and not wanting him back. And most of all, Jeonghan was angry at himself for the pain he felt in his heart after hearing Choi Seungcheol's cold words.

Words that played in head until he eventually cried himself to sleep, only to be haunted by the memories of what they once used to be.

 

The next few weeks were awkward between Jeonghan and the employees of Sebong International and it did not go unnoticed by onlookers. Especially between Jeonghan and Seungcheol, there was an aura that screamed uneasy whenever those two were even 5 feet of each other. At first people thought the two just happened to be in a bad mood on the same day, but as the weeks went on, it became clear that the two couldn't stand to be near each other. 

Whenever there were scheduled meetings between the CEO's of both companies, Jeonghan would make sure to stay clear of any representative from Sebong International so that there wouldn't be any chance of running into Seungcheol. He was still hurt by the other's words and his own stubbornness blamed Seungcheol for everything. Sure he may have provoked the situation but Jeonghan refused to take any of the blame. If anything, he thought that everything was Seungcheol and Woozi's fault. Those two had ruined his little fantasy of getting back together with Seungcheol and in the process they also managed to bring back every miserable feeling Jeonghan had to bear after he walked out on Seungcheol 6 years ago. 

Those feelings, combined with his ty relationship with his husband made Jeonghan feel completely justified for the way he acted. He was just trying to get his own happy ending and Seungcheol and Woozi were ruining everything. So of course Jeonghan would say the things he said to them. In his mind, it made complete sense.

And following that thought process, Jeonghan also felt completely justified every time he sent a glare Seungcheol's way whenever the two made eye contact. Which was more frequent in the last few days since Jae, that , demanded that Jeonghan should attend some of the meetings. Naturally, Jeonghan refused at first, not wanting to be in a room with Seungcheol or Woozi for long periods of time, but Jae quickly shut him up by pulling his father into things. Jae had somehow convinced his father that Jeonghan was needed inside those meetings to take notes for Jae and Mr. Shim then made it official that Jeonghan would be added to the list of people authorized to attend those business meetings. And Jeonghan knew that he couldn't argue with his father-in-law but he still tried to persuade the elderly man into rethinking his decision. What would Jeonghan even do during all those meetings where he didn't even understand anything? He was just a secretary after all.

But Mr. Shim explained that he would only attend the meetings where Jae would actually be presenting ideas and information. Apparently Jae needed someone to take notes on any feedback for his presentations to help him when he eventually took over Shim Corp. but Jeonghan knew it was all bull. If anything, it was probably just another way for Jae to piss him off. 

But regardless, that was how Jeonghan found himself inside some of those meetings. Avoiding eye contact with anyone but occasionally locking eyes with Choi Seungcheol and sending a glare his way. Seungcheol, being the CEO of his own company, had to be professional about it but no one missed the way his mood seemed to darken after receiving such a look from the long haired secretary. And a few would even say that the young CEO even sent a few menacing looks back when nobody else was looking.

It made the atmosphere in those meetings more stale than it already was and it was starting to affect the quality of the work. It was only a matter of time before those two started throwing nasty jabs at each other and Woozi thought he should step in before that could happen.

The young business man first thought about starting with Seungcheol, the small man also wanting to avoid speaking with Jeonghan after their last encounter, but he knew talking to Seungcheol when he was angry was like speaking to a brick wall. Seungcheol was stubborn, somewhat childish and he would deny anything even going on. So Woozi knew that he'd have to put aside his own pride and confront Jeonghan about the situation.

Which was easier said than done.

First of all, when Jeonghan wanted to make himself unavailable he was very good at it. Every time Woozi had the opportunity of being inside Shim Corp. Jeonghan always seemed to be busy or somewhere else. And when he actually had the pleasure of seeing Jeonghan face-to-face during the few meetings that the other would attend, Jeonghan always remained to himself with his head down and his hands typing away. 

Plus there was the fact that Woozi was on a very tight schedule so any time that he could spare was limited and most of it was spent searching for the long haired secretary.

Luckily though, one of their meetings happened to finish much earlier than expected which gave Woozi an ample amount of time to hunt down Jeonghan before his next appointment which was hours away. So Woozi left the small conference room, giving Seungcheol some excuse about needing to check something, before the smaller man went to search for the secretary. 

His first place to look was Jeonghan's desk outside of Jae's office. But to his dismay, Jeonghan was no where to be seen. He then checked a nearby bathroom incase the other had popped inside for a few moments but again, he was met with nothing. A few minutes had passed and Woozi only had so much patience but eventually he had overheard something that caught his ears. It was two random employees by a vending machine that were probably on their break, talking about some guy named Seungkwan and how he was using the workplace as a place to hang rather than actually get stuff done. Normally Woozi wouldn't pay much mind to workplace gossip, especially in a company that wasn't his own, but what was interesting was that they mentioned Jeonghan and how the groups would always be in "Mr. Wen's office." Taking that as a hint, Woozi searched the floor until he came across a door that had a nametag that read: International Affairs Manager - Wen Junhui. And just outside the door you could hear laughter from several different voices.

Holding back a smug look, Woozi knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

It didn't take long for someone to open the door and a tall, rather handsome, man welcomed him and Woozi could only guess with was Mr. Wen.

"Hello, may I help you?" The man asked and he had a slight accent which told Woozi that this man was probably a foreigner. 

"Yes, actually, I'm Lee Jihoon, the vice President of Sebong International. I was wondering if you could help me find Mr. Yoon. since he's not at his desk at the moment." Woozi asked professionally, and doing his best to his the amused look in his face when he heard the shuffling behind the door and then loud whispers and one of the voices clearly said Jeonghan.

"Uh...Mr.Yoon? Would you believe me if I told you he wasn't in the building right now?" The man asked nervously and Woozi just shook his head.

"Mr. Wen-"

"Oh please, just call me Jun. I hate it when people address me too formally." The man said quickly.

"Alright...Jun. I know Jeonghan may not want to speak to me but there is something that I do need to discuss with him. I already know he's in there and I would like to have a word with him before things get out of hand."

It took a while for Jun to reply, looking like he was thinking things over but eventually he sighed and nodded. "Fine, I'll kick him out of my office so that you guys can talk. Just don't make him more moody than he already is. He can be a pain in the when he's all pouty and pissed."

"Thanks" Woozi replied and Jun nodded again before officially kicking Jeonghan out of his office. 

Of course, there was some protest but then Woozi saw Jun, along with two other men, physically pushing Jeonghan out of the room and Woozi had to hold back a laugh.

Jeonghan huffed before he turned around with his arms crossed and gave Woozi a small glare. "Yes?" Was all the long haired man said and Woozi took that as an invitation to speak.

"You and I got off on the wrong foot. Do you think we could go somewhere and talk civilly?"

"And what makes you think that I'd want to sit down and talk with you? I'm very busy you know." Jeonghan retorted but Woozi just scoffed.

"Please, you spent most of the day chatting with your friends rather than sitting at your desk. Surely you can't be that busy."

"Okay fine. But even if I do have time to spare, what makes you think that I'm willing to talk. You've made it very clear what you think about me and I'd rather not have you insult me over a cup of coffee."

"I'm not going to insult you. If anything, I'm trying to smooth things over because this little attitude you have towards Seungcheol is affecting business."

"He's not all that innocent either! I wouldn't have the attitude if he stopped glaring at me every 5 minutes." Jeonghan replied like a child and Woozi sighed.

"And I'll talk to Seungcheol in due time. But right now I wanna talk with you because I think there's some things that we need to clear up." 

"Fine. Let me just grab my coat and keys from my desk and then we can go to this cafe that's not far from here." Jeonghan conceded and Woozi nodded and decided to wait for Jeonghan in the lobby.

A few minutes later Jeonghan met him in the lobby of the building and the headed out. They were walking for some times until about a block later they were standing in front of this place called "Angel's Cafe."

Once inside, Jeonghan told Woozi to find a seat while he went to order them something. Woozi agreed and Jeonghan made his way to the front counter where Dokyeom was managing the cash register.

"Hey, Dokyeom. Is Joshua in?"

"He's in the back getting some more coffee beans. I can go get him for you." The barista replied.

"That'd be great. Thanks." Jeonghan said while keeping an eye on Woozi. A few second later Joshua came out and he looked shocked to see Jeonghan in his cafe.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had work." Joshua said.

"I thought so too. But Woozi wanted to talk so I brought him here."

"Woozi?" Joshua asked, even more confused. "You mean Seungcheol's Woozi?"

Hearing Woozi being referred to as "Seungcheol's" left a bitter taste in Jeonghan's mouth but he just nodded his head in confirmation before gesturing towards the booth where Woozi was sitting.

"That's him?" Joshua asked and Jeonghan again nodded. "But why does he want to speak to you? You guys aren't gonna fight are you? Because I don't want anything like that in my cafe. Do I need to remove any plates or anything else that you could use as a weapon?" Joshua asked, only half joking.

"We're not gonna fight. He said he wanted to clear some things up so I'm gonna see what he has to say." Jeonghan replied. "Listen, can you bring us some coffee and cake?"

"Sure, what kind?"

"Black coffee and any cake will be fine. I just need something to nibble on for when the nerves hit." Jeonghan said, getting out a 20 but Joshua put the money back in his hand and said it was on the house. Jeonghan let out a smile and then made his way to the booth where Woozi was sitting.

Joshua came out with their order a few minutes later and the two thanked the owner before they were left alone again. The booth was quiet for a while, both men either looking down at their coffee or gazing out the window. It was awkward and Jeonghan wondered how long this silence would last and who would be the one to break it. Although he didn't have to wonder for too long because Woozi finally made eye contact with him and began to speak.

"You know, I recognized you when we first met. Not that I had ever met you before, but Seungcheol had told me about a Jeonghan that he used to know. At first I thought it was just a coincidence that your name happened to be Jeonghan as well. But it didn't take me long to figure out that it was you that Seungcheol told me about all those years ago... And I may not know your side of things, but I do know that Seungcheol doesn't wish to relive those memories. You really put him through a lot of pain."

At the mention of that, Jeonghan broke his gaze with Woozi and stared at his half empty cup of coffee. In the back of his mind he was brought back to that night. He could hear the yelling and the shouting. All of the begging. And then the slamming of the door after everything was said and done. 

Seungcheol wasn't the only one that didn't want to relive those memories.

"Why are you telling me this? I already know what I put Seungcheol through." Jeonghan said in a sharp tone.

"No, I don't think you do." Woozi said back and Jeonghan scoffed.

"And I suppose you're here to tell me how you patched him back together? How you saved him from his misery?"

"No. Because I didn't fix Seungcheol. But I tried my best to help."

Jeonghan stopped for a moment, not expecting that to be Woozi response. "What do you mean?"

"Seungcheol and I met because we were both interning at the same company. Sebong International to be exact... And we were both competing to be the best intern in order to impress Eric. We didn't talk much at first, not that it bothered me because I was always an introvert, but eventually Seungcheol opened up to me. He invited me to hang out with some of his friends at a bar and from then on it was like I was part of their little group. We had gotten so close and for the first time since I started college, I felt like had real friends, and not just people to hang out with because it was convenient. But people that I could actually depend on and could call a little family of my own. I had met the most amazing people in my life because of Seungcheol and I'll always be grateful to him for that."

Jeonghan didn't know how he felt about the story. His heart lifted because that type of inclusion and kindness was so typical of Seungcheol but at the same time his heart sank because it made him miss the other that much more. Plus, the irrational part of his mind made him want to dislike Woozi even more for being the one on the receiving end of that kindness. Is that how Seungcheol and Woozi's relationship started? If so, then Jeonghan decided that he hated this story.

"So what? Seungcheol introduced you to some friends and then you all started gossiping about me?" Jeonghan asked with a glare.

"No. It took some time for him to open up to me about that. I guess the break up wasn't that long before the internship had started because Seungcheol was a broken man when I first met him. I mean, he tried to be his happy go lucky self whenever he was with other people, but you could tell that it was all forced and faked. And you could tell because whenever he thought people weren't looking, he would let his mask drop and he just looked...sad."

Jeonghan could imagine the look. It was probably the same look Seungcheol had whenever he didn't meet up to his own expectations. Whenever he felt like he wasn't good enough. It was the face of a kicked puppy and it broke his heart.

"We were playing video games one night," Woozi continued, "We had just gotten through hell week and Eric gave us a few days off, and I had finally convinced Seungcheol to head back to my place to stuff our faces with food and to play video games until we collapsed instead of getting drunk at another bar like he usually did, and I guess Seungcheol felt like he could finally talk about it. He just kinda broke down in the middle of our night and he just told me everything. He told me about his ex and how he thought this guy was the one. How absolutely in love he was with the guy and how he had planned his entire future thinking that this person would be the one by his side forever. He was so honest about it too and I almost felt a little jealous."

Woozi was jealous of me? Jeonghan thought and then he let out a humorless laugh, thinking about the irony and how now he was the one jealous of Woozi.

"And then he told me about the break up." And Woozi saw how Jeonghan's eyes went wide. "He didn't tell me anything...just how you made his biggest fear come true. Because Seungcheol had always seen himself as lacking and you had just confirmed that during your break up. Seungcheol was still so broken over it and I have to admit that even though I didn't know you, I think I hated you in that moment."

Woozi was looking right at Jeonghan when he said that and Jeonghan said nothing in return.

"Seungcheol is such an amazing person. He's kind and funny and I couldn't understand how someone could hurt him so much. And what frustrated me the most was that he wasn't even angry at you for all of the hurtful things that you said. He said that he could understand why you broke up with him for your, in my opinion extremely superficial, reasons and that the only thing he ever blamed you for was lying to everyone."

"What?" Jeonghan asked, truly shocked at what he had just heard. Seungcheol didn't hate him for all of the terrible things he said that night? 

"Seungcheol told me that the only thing he couldn't stand was the fact that you lied to everyone for so long. It's the reason he has this 'no bull policy.' He absolutely cannot stand people that lie, cheat and abuse other people and that's how he's lived his life ever since your break up. Hell, he's even incorporated that into the way he runs his own business!"

"So...you're saying that our break up made him a better person? Because the whole no lying and cheating thing sounds pretty good to me." Jeonghan said in an attempt to joke and lighten the mood but he couldn't even raise his own spirits. And Woozi's look after his little comment just made him feel more like .

"No. I'm saying that you ed with his head." Woozi said flatly. "Seungcheol may have put himself together when he needed to, but when he was left alone he was a complete mess. He went out almost every night to get wasted and only god knows where he found himself in the mornings after. He was like that for months and it took even longer before he could even think about getting into a relationship again."

"But eventually he did right? Get into a relationship..." 

"Yeah. And even though he was still upset over you, it was the first time I saw a genuine smile on his face. And he's been working hard to be happy ever since. No matter what life threw at him, he's been trying to be better."

"And I guess I'm ing all that up..." Jeonghan said, feeling more guilt weigh down on him.

"Well you're definitely not making it easier. And like I said, I don't know what your side of the story is...but I know his and I know how much you affect him. So whatever you've been doing to make him feel the way he is now...please just stop." Woozi said with sincerity and Jeonghan had no choice but to agree. 

"You're right...and I'm sorry." Jeonghan said and Woozi just smiled, accepting his apology.

The two then accepted some refills from Joshua, Jeonghan introducing the two to each other, before he and Woozi engaged in some mindless conversations.

It was nice and Jeonghan found that he actually enjoyed to company of the smaller man seeing that he was easy to talk to and he liked that the conversation came naturally. Eventually though, their conversation about Jeonghan's love for warm cups of milk was interrupted when Woozi's phone rang. It was fine until Woozi checked the caller ID and his he began to look worried.

"Everything okay?" Jeonghan asked out of curiosity.

"Huh? Oh yeah...I just really need to take this call. I hope that's alright." Woozi said, looking paler by the second.

"No, it's completely fine. Is it Seungcheol?"

"No. But it's really important. If you don't mind, I think I'm gonna head out." Woozi said while grabbing his jacket and apologizing to Jeonghan repeatedly for leaving so suddenly.

"It's fine, really." Jeonghan reassured the other. "And hey, I guess I'll see you around?"

"Yeah. And thank you so much for listening to me today. My words may have been harsh but I'm just protective over Seungcheol." Woozi said before quickly answering the call before the last ring could end and then heading out of the cafe in a rush.

Once he was gone, Jeonghan was left alone at the booth and he could finally let everything sink in. He truly felt like an , both for trying to force himself onto Seungcheol and for unnecessarily hating Woozi...the little guy wasn't so bad after all. 

With a sigh he had picked up his things and thanked Joshua for being there for him, Joshua wasn't so subtle with his frequent check ups on the table after all, before the long haired brunet made his way home.

It took 30 minutes before Jeonghan returned to an empty home, he already knew Jae was probably out with one of his female "clients" and that gave Jeonghan a lot of time rethink his actions over the past couple of weeks.

He was acting like a spoiled brat and it was no wonder why Seungcheol couldn't stand to be near him for too long after their heated conversation all those weeks ago. He was truly being a jerk, demanding things that he had no right to even ask for, and there was no denying that. 

And with the new information he had gotten from Woozi about just how bad he had hurt Seungcheol after their break up, Jeonghan couldn't help but to feel like absolute crap.

He had been terrible to everyone and he decided that he didn't want to be that person anymore. He still wanted Seungcheol in his life, that much he knew, but if he was going to achieve that then he would need to set things right. And after coming to that conclusion, Jeonghan decided that the first step would be to apologize. 

He would tell Seungcheol that he was sorry, ask for a fresh start, and he would see where they would go from there.

 


A/N: ...I wasn't planning on this chapter being this long but LOL (Also, I had half of this chapter written like 4 days ago and I wanted to get this done before the new year haha...Look who's starting 2018 with procrastination!! THIS GIRL!! :D LOL)

Anyway!!! Happy new years guys!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter and please let me know what you all thought in the comments! Buh-bye!! LOL