Chapter 2

It's Still Only You

"Goodbye Cheol" Jeonghan said, looking directly into Seungcheol's eyes, trying to tell him that he was so very sorry with his look but it seemed like Seungcheol didn't get the message because the older boy muttered a quick goodbye before slamming the door in his face, leaving the long haired brunet cold and alone in the dark hallway just outside of his now ex-boyfriend's apartment.

 

Jeonghan woke up in a cold sweat, panting and trying to regain a hold of himself. When he realized where he was, he took a deep breath while gripping the white sheets beneath his fingertips. It was that same dream again, the one that had been haunting him since the day it happened. The same dream that reminded him of all he had let go of so many years ago. That dream always left him feeling empty and he often wondered if it was his punishment from some higher power to make him relive that scene over and over again. Jeonghan wasn't that much of a religious man, he had lost much of his faith long ago, but if there was a higher power up there then they certainly didn't favor him. 

Choosing not to dwell on the topic for long, seeing as it always left him in a ty mood, he chose to get ready and make a decent breakfast for him and his husband. Yes, Yoon Jeonghan had gotten married over the years and it was to a wealthy business man named Shim Jae. The two had known each other for years, their families even being close friends, and when Jeonghan had returned home during his junior year in college he had hesitantly accepted Jae's offer to marry him. That was almost 6 years ago and the two had been together ever since. The wedding ring sitting on Jeonghan's finger being proof of that.

Jeonghan sighed again, not wanting to think of that either. So instead he slowly got out of his bed in the guestroom and walked towards the master bedroom to see if Jae was awake or not. When he heard the shower running he knew that he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of waking up his husband and so he made his way back to the bedroom he occupied and chose his clothes for the day. He chose to go with his grey suit, seeing that Jae had picked out his own grey suit which was sitting on the master bed, knowing that it would please his husband if they wore the same colors. Jeonghan then went through his morning routine with washing up and then he went to make breakfast before he took a quick shower, got dressed and then brushed his long brunet hair to perfection. When Jeonghan was finally ready, he went back to the kitchen and when he saw that everything looked just the way it should, he smiled to himself before setting the table and making sure to dish out a plate for Jae that looked picture perfect. It looked delicious and Jeonghan made a mental note to thank his best friend, Joshua, later for giving him the recipe for most of the dishes.

Jeonghan was in the middle of pouring a glass of orange juice when he heard his husband making his way out of the master bedroom, fully dressed and ready for work.

"Look Jae! I made breakfast for us! I remembered how you said you loved an American style breakfast when you came back from your trip last month so I thought I could make you one for today."

"When did I say that?" Jae said with disinterest, too busy scrolling through his phone.

"A few weeks back when I tried making breakfast for you then." Jeonghan said, feeling a little annoyed that all of his hard work seemed like it was for nothing. At least he was trying and Jae couldn't even look up from his phone for two seconds to acknowledge that.

"Right...well that was when I had professional cooks to make it for me in California." Jae said but when he saw the glare Jeonghan was giving him decided to humor the younger. "Alright fine, I'll take a toast on the go." He said before reaching for the food item and leaning in to give Jeonghan a kiss on the cheek, only, Jeonghan turned his head the last minute and dodged the kiss completely which only cause Jae to sigh in frustration.

"You should get to the office. I'm sure you have important clients to attend to." Jeonghan said in a low voice, his eyes cast down, avoiding Jae entirely who was still standing too close for Jeonghan's liking.

"Fine," the older man said before grabbing his keys and heading towards the front door of their mansion. But when he was halfway, he stopped and turned around. "Oh and Jeonghan, there's a business dinner tonight and me and my father need you to be there."

"I'm just your secretary...I'm sure you won't need me there." Jeonghan said, already hating the idea of attending one of those boring dinners where he usually just sat there.

"I'm not asking you to be there as my secretary. I'm telling you to be there as my spouse. This meeting could decide the future of our company and I need you there to make me look good. So make sure to doll yourself up and be ready by 7. We'll be meeting my parents at the restaurant by 7:30." Jae said, leaving no room for arguments and Jeonghan just sighed and nodded his head, knowing that if Jae's parents were going to be there then he had to go.

When Jae finally left, Jeonghan felt like he could breathe again. He groaned just thinking about the dinner and already started planning how he could get drunk just so that he could survive the few hours that he would be there. Red wine always seemed to do the trick and if he was sneaky then no one would notice if he had 4 or 5 glasses. Yeah, that would definitely get him through the night.

Sighing again, Jeonghan ate the breakfast he had made, refusing to let it all go to waste, before he grabbed his own keys and started his day. He first made a stop at his local dry cleaners to pick up his and Jae's suits before putting them in the back of his car and driving to his favorite cafe to pick up the best coffee in all of Seoul. And this cafe just happened to be owned by his best friend.

Joshua Hong, his dear friend since he was 12 years old, owned a successful cafe just a block away from his father-in-law's company and the building had become his favorite place to go to whenever he needed a break from work or a break from his life in general. When he was in the cafe, he could forget that he was married to the future CEO of Shim Corporations, and he could pretend that he was still just Yoon Jeonghan, a simple guy hanging out in his best friend's cafe just to pass some time.

"Shua! I need an iced Americano now!" Jeonghan yelled as soon as he opened the door to the cafe.

"You know, I do have other customers. You can't just come in here and shout your order. You'll scare them away." Joshua said from behind the counter, busy wiping a plate.

"Oh please, I'm your most loyal customer and it's past the morning rush so you're not that busy."

"Don't you have work to be at?" Joshua asked, pretending to sound annoyed but Jeonghan knew him better than that.

"That's the beauty of being married to my boss. I can show up late and I won't be in that much trouble. Besides, Jae kinda pissed me off this morning so I think I'm going to be extra late."

"I thought you were going to make him breakfast this morning. Did he not like any of my recipes?"

"It's not that. He didn't even bother sitting down to try any of it! He was too busy replying to text messages to see that I was actually trying this morning."

"Oh...do you think he was texting-"

"It doesn't matter and I don't care. Now, where's my coffee?" Jeonghan said, cutting Joshua off before he could start a conversation that Jeonghan really didn't want to talk about.

"Oh right...Dokyeom! One iced Americano to go!" Joshua said, loud enough for his employee to hear.

"I didn't know Dokyeom worked the morning shift." Jeonghan said.

"Well he needed the extra hours and I thought I could use some more help during one of my busiest shifts." 

"Right, and I guess you having a little crush on him had nothing to do with it." Jeonghan said with a teasing smirk.

"Shut up. I'm being completely professional and if being a good boss and letting him work another shift means that I happen to spend more time with him then that's just a little bonus for myself." Joshua said, a small blush dusting his cheeks.

"Dude just ask him out. He's been working here for months and you still haven't made a move on him."

"Well not all of us have the same confidence you do when it comes to crushes and dating."

"Ha! I wish you were right. It's been so long since I've been on an actual date that I doubt I have that confidence anymore."

"You know, you could always ask Jae to take you out for a meal every now and then." Joshua suggested.

"I would rather chew off my right foot." Jeonghan said and Joshua looked like he wanted to give one of his lectures about how that was his husband but luckily Dokyeom came in with Jeonghan's order.

"Someone asked for an iced Americano with a shot of sweetener! Made fresh and with a lot of love for my favorite hyung!" The barista said with a smile.

"Thanks Dokyeomie!" Jeonghan said while taking the coffee before he got up from his seat at the counter. "Oh and Dokyeom! Don't let Joshua work you too hard. I know that he'd keep you there all day if he could." Jeonghan said before he waved and left, laughing as he saw his best friend's face go impossibly red.

Being in a much better mood now that he had his coffee and he had spoken to his best friend, Jeonghan made it to Shim Corp. and he was bowed to by everyone as he made his way to the elevators that took him to the second highest floor in the building. Once he was out of the elevator he stopped by one of the offices on the floor and saw his friend Jun just getting off of the phone. Jun was the manager of international affairs for Shim Corp. and he was most likely just getting off of the phone with his boyfriend, Minghao, who was currently abroad in China sorting out a business deal for the company.

"Hey Jun. How's Minghao doing?" Jeonghan asked as soon as Jun hung up the phone.

"He's fine....I just miss him so much! I feel like I haven't seen him for weeks and the time difference makes it so hard! How do people deal with long distance relationships?" Jun said dramatically which caused Jeonghan to chuckle.

"He's only been gone for a week and there's only a 1 hour time difference from here to Beijing. Besides, if everything goes smoothly then he should be back in a few more days. I'm sure you'll survive." Jeonghan replied.

"But I won't! My beloved is in another country! What if he finds someone else? My life would be over!"

"Ugh, is he still whining?" A new voice said. Jeonghan turned around to see Seungkwan, a staff member that worked on the same floor, coming into Jun's office with two cups of hot coffee. "He hasn't stopped ing since he came in this morning." The young employee said before giving Jun one of the styrofoam cups.

"Yeah, well at least I have a boyfriend to cry over! You're just mad because you haven't found your mr. right yet."

Seungkwan gasped dramatically before holding his coffee out to Jeonghan. "Jeonghan, hold my coffee while I kick his !"

"Okay, let's not kill each other and let's try to remember that we're all adults here." Jeonghan said, trying to sound serious but you could see the amusement in his eyes.

"Thank you Jeonghan. I can always count on you to be the sensible one." Jun said.

"Besides, if you killed Junhui then that'd mean I'd have more annoying paperwork to fill out." Jeonghan said, holding in his laugh as Jun looked offended by his comment. The three continued to chat in Jun's office before Jae came inside almost 45 minutes later.

"There you are." Jae said once his eyes landed on Jeonghan. Jeonghan didn't miss the glare Jae gave to his friends and he sighed before standing up from his seat to distract his husband's attention to himself before the man could say anything to Jun or Seungkwan.

"Yes Jae, what is it?"

"Where have you been and why weren't you at your desk? You know what, never mind. I'm not interested in your excuses. Anyway, I just got a call from my dad and apparently some of our guests will be a little late to the dinner. My dad still wants us to be there on time but I'm just letting you know so that you don't start complaining when we're there."

"Be ready by 7 and no complaining. Got it. Now can you go?" Jeonghan said, not liking the tone Jae was using to speak to him. Like he was a kid that needed to be told what to do and how to act.

"Fine. But you better get back to your desk. I don't like not having my secretary there. It looks unprofessional."

"Sure. I'll be there in 5 minutes." Jeonghan said just to please Jae so that he would leave.

"Well isn't he just husband of the year." Seungkwan said sarcastically. "And what dinner is he talking about?"

"Some business dinner with another huge company. Jae and his dad are hoping that they can start a merger with them if everything goes well at the dinner." Jeonghan answered.

"Oh yeah, I heard about that. Which company was it?" Jun asked.

"Sebong International." Jeonghan replied.

"Oh! I read that the Chairman just appointed a new President!. I guess that's the guy you'll be meeting." Seungkwan said.

"Oh fun. My evening will be filled with boring men in stuffy suits." Jeonghan said blandly.

"Technically, you're going to be one of those boring men in stuffy suits." Jun teased.

"Hey! I am not boring and I look great in suits! The one I'm wearing right now was made specially from the UK and it was tailored to make my look perfect." Jeonghan said defensively. "And besides, I'm only there to be Jae's arm candy. Most of the night I'll just be sitting there just there while everyone talks about business deals and the economy."

"Sorry dude. That sounds horrible." Jun said while placing a sympathetic hand on Jeonghan's shoulder.

"It's okay. I'll just need a lot of wine. Anyway, I better get back to my desk before Jae sends out a search warrant for me." Jeonghan joked before leaving his friend's office and going to sit at his desk just outside of Jae's. Once seated, he got started on his paperwork while also taking calls, leaving messages and sorting out his husband's schedule. It was a simple job and Jeonghan found himself lost in thought for most of his day, and before he knew it, it was time for him to go home and get ready.

 

It was 6:59 when Jeonghan was done fixing himself. He had kept his suit on, because he looked damn good in it, but he took his hair out of its ponytail and let his long brunet locks fall freely. He brushed through it a couple of times until it was soft and shiny and he used the few seconds he had to spare to look himself over in the mirror before Jae called him from his car in the driveway to come out. Once in the car, Jae didn't even compliment Jeonghan and instead he went on to tell Jeonghan how he was expected to act. A lecture the younger had heard a million times before but one that he chose to keep quiet through just to avoid any arguments.

At the restaurant, Jeonghan greeted Jae's parents with a smile before the waiter seated them. Jeonghan, Jae and Jae's parents sat on one side of the table, Jeonghan being on the far right with Jae sitting next to him. Jae and his father talked about how important this new potential merger was and Jae's father mentioned that if his son did well on this project then he would officially hand over the business to him. Not having much interest in the topic, Jeonghan decided that now would be a fabulous time to start getting drunk so he pulled a waiter over and asked for their best red wine with the highest alcohol content.

Jeonghan was already done with his first glass and he was working on his second when a middle aged man walked over to their table along with a woman who Jeonghan assumed was the man's wife. It took a while for Jeonghan to realize what was going on but after seeing the overly fake smiles from his husband and his father-in-law's faces, Jeonghan could only guess that this was one of the important guests that they were waiting for.

"Jeonghan, Jae, this is Eric Mun and his beautiful wife, Na Hye Mi. Eric Mun is the Chairman of Sebong International and they could be our future partners in business." Jae's father introduced.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Mun." Jeonghan greeted politely, shaking the man's hand and bowing slightly as a sign of respect. An act which he knew would please his husband and his in laws.

"Oh please, just call me Eric, Mr. Mun sounds too formal."

Jeonghan gave a warm smile in return and apparently Jae didn't like that because he grabbed Jeonghan's hand out of the Chairman's and diverted the subject.

"So we've all read the papers and magazine articles about you appointing a new CEO but you've done a wonderful job of keeping him a secret from the public. Will we have the pleasure of meeting him today?"

"Yes, actually. I just got a text from him that he was stuck in traffic but he should be here any minute." Eric said, checking his phone to see the time. "Until then, let's just talk. I hate when these business dinners are all about work."

"Of course." Jae's father replied happily, but Jeonghan knew that the man was just trying to get on Eric Mun's good side since he needed the other if he wanted his own business to flourish.

After about 10 minutes of conversations about marriage and childhoods, another man had come into the restaurant and a waiter escorted him towards their table. He was a young looking man, he couldn't be more than a year older than Jeonghan, and although he looked slightly disheveled, probably from trying to get here in a hurry, he looked amazing and Jeonghan had to stop himself from drooling. He was dressed in a black suit with a white button up and a simple black tie. A simple look but the man made the outfit look ten times better with his build and his devilishly handsome face. His black hair was swept to one side in a way that made him look like a model. Overall, he was downright gorgeous and for some reason Jeonghan found his heart fluttering in a way that it hadn't done in years.

However, as the man got closer to the table, the more that fluttering feeling turned into dread. It was that same face that visited Jeonghan in his dreams almost every night and Jeonghan had to wonder how much he had to drink because he must be hallucinating. There was no way that this was him. It couldn't be. This had to be another one of his dreams.

But when Eric Mun stood up from his seat to call over the young man, Jeonghan realized how real this all was.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet the new CEO of Sebong International." The Chairman said happily.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Choi Seungcheol."

.

 


A/N: Chapter 2!! We're finally in the present time and Jeonghan finally sees Seungcheol after all this time!! I feel kinda bad for what I'm going to put our angel through next lol But omg I cannot wait to write the next chapter! I have so much planned for this fic lol

Also, what do you guys think of my OC, Jae? (hint: you're not supposed to like him lol)

Anyway, let me know what you guys thought in the comments! I always love hearing what you all have to say. And yeah...thank you so much for reading and I'll see guys next time! Bye for now!!