Please Don't be shy

Butterflies for Dinner

Taeil blushes hard and stares at Jihoon. He tries to get out words but can only stare at the younger man. Jihoon could tell he had suprised Taeil and tries to diffuse the situation. He runs over and touches Taeils shoulders, "Please don't be nervous, I didn't mean to scare you! I came here to see you after your shift and then I heard your singing. Your voice is so beautiful."

Taeil feels himself getting redder and redder. He only ever sang for his mom or alone in his room or the resturant. He shoved out of Jihoon's touch and turned away. He waited for him to start laughing and tell him that his passion was no use if only his mother could hear him. Flashbacks to the middle school recital flood his memory. 

Taeil stood on the stage and looked out at the crowd of parents and relitives all watching the kids preforming the schools yearly play. Taeil only had one part but it was a solo. He had practiced and preacticed to his mom and during the recitals but now that the time has come Taeil felt the pressure. He swallowed hard and glanced at his shaking hands. He opened his mouth but instead of words coming out, the classic vomit spews out instead. Taeil stands there awestruck before redigstering all the laughter. Hot tears start to pour out from his eyes and Taeil runs off the stage and past his snickering classmates.

The familiar feeling of throw up coming up from his throat comes back and Taeil does his best to keep it down. He starts to walk away to avoid any confrontation with Jihoon, but Jihoon has other ideas. Jihoon takes Taeils hand in his own, he links their fingers. Taeil lifts his head and turns to Jihoon. The taller man's eyes were filled with sadness and confusion. He steps closer to Taeil and lifts his hand to Taeil's face. He hesitates but goes with it and lightly brushes Taeils cheek, "What's wrong?"

Taeil instantly melts into Jihoon. He didn't know what it was about the other boy but he felt safe and like he had know Jihoon for longer than a couple days. He thinks for a moment before  taking a breath and letting it all out, "The last time I even tried to sing in front of anyone else I threw up in front of everyone and no one let me forget about it for two years. I got worried you would laugh at me."

Jihoon leans down and stares into Taeils eyes, "I would never laugh at you. I'm being serious when I say your voice is beautiful. I've never heard someone sing with such passion. Please don't think I would laugh at you I would never do that."

Taeil studies Jihoons face and doesn't detect that he is lying. "How can you put so much into me when we only just met? And we're both boys, it's not usual for this to happen."

Jihoon looses his grip on Taeil and his face drops, "I-I don't know. Something about you just drew me in and I wanted to get to know you. I understand if you don't want to see me again or if this is too weird for you."

Jihoon let's go of Taeil and turns to leave. Taeil grabs Jihoons arm, "That isn't what I meant. I feel a connection to you and I'm just trying to put all my feelings together. Your texts make me happy and I get excited to get to see you and talk to you. Don't misunderstand me, I just want to get to know you better."

Jihoon waits a moment before responding. He turns around and has a huge smile on his face. "I was so scared! You're so mysterious and cool and all I want is to get to know you and everything about you."

Taeil lets out a sigh of relief, "You're so crazy Jihoon. Do you want to help me close up the shop?" 

Jihoon grins and Taeil takes that as a yes. They mop the floors together and and set up all the tables for tomorrow. Taeil hums as he works and slowly builds up to softly singing. As he finishes up the last table Taeil looks over and cathces Jihoon staring at him. Jihoon had his head propped up on his hands and stars in his eyes. Taeil blushes and throws his washcloth at Jihoon. 

"I can't help but be mesmorized. I thought that Yukwon and Minhyuk had great voices, but when I hear yours I can't help stop and listen." Jihoon sighs.

"Ah stop it. Are you ready, everything is done." Taeil says and stretches. 

Jihoon nods and they step out so Taeil can lock the building up. They head to Taeils first and stop outside his door. Jihoon was blushing and fidgiting in his spot. "Is it ok if I hug you?"

Taeil laughs and nods. Jihoon smiles and pulls the smaller man into his arms. He shakes him around a little then lets him go. He giggles and gives Taeils hand a squeeze. Taeil laughs and squeezes back, "Goodnight Jihoon. I'm glad we could talk tonight."

"I'm so glad too. Have sweeeet dreams Taeil~" Jihoon smiles and waves goodbye before he leaves.

Taeil waves back and heads into his home. His mother was alseep by the time he came back so he tiptoes into his room. A text from Jihoon lights up his phone.

I can't wait to see you agian Taeil~~ I'm going to show you my music skills next!

Taeil grins from ear to ear and giggles like a school girl. He sends Jihoon a text back about how he couldn't wait for wednesday. After letting Jihoon into his past and feelings more Taeil feels so much happier and lighter. He felt those darn butterflies fill his stomach as he pictures the grin on Jihoon and the sparkle in his eyes when he got happy. Taeil burrows his face in his pillow and let's out a happy cry. The smile on his face wouldn't fade as he drifted to sleep.