A Warm Coffee?

Butterflies for Dinner

Taeil felt butterflies swell in his stomach when he sees the taller man. Jihoon had changed into more casual clothes, his face wore the same bright smile his cheeks red from the brisk fall air. The cold must have started to get to him, Jihoon began hopping in place as he put his phone in his jacket pocket, "Can we get some coffee or somthing? I'm not use to the cold weather qutie yet." 

"Sure, there's a nice coffee shop down the street here. My mom is friends with the owner." Taeil says and points. He figured a nice public place would be safe enough to hang out with this strange guy for the first time. The warmth of the shop embraced them as they entered and found a table to sit at. 

"I can order for you, what would you like?" Jihoon asks and stares up at the menu. Taeil mumbles his order and waits for him to get back. He still felt as if this was a dream and it was a little hard for him to process what was going on. It really didn't seem like this was a normal thing to happen. A stranger just asks someone to, hang out? Go on a date? Taeil shook his head. He probably just wants to be friends or sell him somthing who knows. Jihoon came back and placed their coffees down. Taeil thanks him and warms his hands up around the mug. 

Taeil scrunches his nose and opens his mouth to speak, then decides against it and closes it. Jihoon notices and asks him whats wrong. "Why did you ask me to hang out? I've never seen you before today. Don't you think it's a little weird to ask someone you've never met to hang out?"
Jihoon laughs, "No one would ever make friends that way. To be honest you look really interesting."

Taeil blushes, he feels the butterflies swarming in his stomach again. "Sheesh. Anyway are you a student at the univeristy?"

"Yes! I'm studying the music program. I was working on one of my class projects with the guys I was with, Kyung and Jiho. They're working with each other, my group memebers weren't there. Were called Bastarz." Jihoon grins.

"That sounds really cool. I've always been interested in going there, but ah nevermind." 

"Really! You should come check it out. Do you like to sing or are you more of a rapper?" Jihoon rested his head on his hands and started wide eyed at Taeil.

"I sing but, I'm not very confident." Taeil admits shyly.

"No no I'm confident you're great at it! But I understand where you're coming from, I was so nervous to start rapping in front of everyone-" Jihoons phone buzzed on the table and inturpted him. "Ah geez. I'm so sorry it's my Bastarz partners, they want to practice, 'there will be blood if you don't show.' these idiots." 

Jihoon sighs and pouts, "Can we please exchange phone numbers? I feel like we will be really good friends." 

Taeil hadn't noticed how much time had passed since they arrived and it was almost time he had to head back to help his mom close the resturant, "That would be nice. I have to be heading out soon too so I guess this is good timing." 

Jihoon grins and does a little happy dance, "I enjoyed this, I hope you did too! They keep texting me, geez. I gotta go I'll text you soon!" 

Jihoon waves and heads out of the cafe. Taeils waves goodbye back and smiles to himself. It was a short visit and honestly he is still a little confused, but happy. It felt nice to have someone notice and want to talk to him. He enjoys the buzz of the coffee shop as he finishes his drink. His phone in his pocket crips and he pulls it out to check what it was. A text from Jihoon lit up his screen.HIs 

I had fun getting to know you~~~ 
I hope to see you again. Would you like to come to the -drumroll- Bastarz practice perfromance!!

Taeil smiles and types back a quick reply. Just give me a place and time :}

Jihoon sent him another text with an address and letting him know that saturday night would be the time. Taeil feels a rush of happiness and covers his smile. He shoots back a quick 'see you then' text and begins his walk back to the resturant. His mother was shutting down the cash register. "Oh Taeil you don't need to come help close down. Your shift ended already endned, you need to go enjoy yourself."

"Mom you know I don't mind, what still needs to be done?" Taeil asks as he removes his coat. His mom points in the direction of the kithcen so Taeil heads back. He greets the cook and starts to clean up what needs cleaning. He walks through and checks all the tables to see if anything was left or lost here. He gets to the last booth, the one Jihoon and his freinds were sitting. He slides into the booth and images of Jihoons smile floods his mind. He blushes and tries to push them away. He flops his arms down in frustration over whatever feelings he had for this strang man. His hand brushes somthing stuck between the booth and wall. His fingers trace over it and it feels like a notebook, he pulls it out from the booth and meets a worn in notebook. He flipped open the front cover and saw Jihoons name neatly written in the top corner. 

Taeil didn't want to disturb his privacy but he had to admit he was curious about what was in the notebook. His eyes wandered to the page over and saw scribbles about assignments due along with small scribbles of notes. He feels a twing of guilt and quickly shuts the notebook. He pulls out his phone and sends a text to Jihoon about leaving his notebook. 

"Ready to go?" His mom asks with a smile. 

Taeil nods and grabs the notebook and his coat. They shut the lights off and lock up the doors. Their home was a short walk away from the resturant. The cozy inside invited them in and set the sleepy mood. Taeil says goodnight to his mom and heads into his room. sofly shutting the door behind him. Putting the notebook on his desk and his coat away he flops down on his bed and checks his phone if Jihoon responded. He grins and opens the message. 

Ah I can't belive I forgot it! Is it ok to stop by in the morning to pick it up. I need it for my morning classes. I'm so glad you found it I was scared I lost it for good~~

Taeil smiles and writes his message back. I can meet you at the resturant around 7?

Jihoon responds back within thirty seconds. Perfect I'll see you then. Goodnight~~

Taeil grins and feels those damn butterflies raising in his stomach again. He sets his phone on his bedside table and rolls into his pillow. He thinks about the taller man and about his smile and those eyes that seemed to sparkle every time he talked. Taeil stopped and wondered if he was developing a crush on Jihoon. He never really worried about if he was attracted to girls or guys. He mainly dated girls but he had to admit there were some cute guys in his highschool. Whatever these feelings were he decided to just let it all play out on it's own. It was nice to hang out with people around his own age again. He loved his mom and enjoyed working with the other guys and girls at the resturant, but he was really curious about this Jihoon and how he appeared out of no where. With a sigh he puts the thoughts to rest and closes his eyes and heads off to bed.