Why so sudden?

Butterflies for Dinner

Taeil yawned and kicked at the ground waititng for Jihoon to show up. He hears the heavy footsteps of someone running and looks over. Jihoon was smilling as he ran up to Taeil. "I'm so glad you're here!"

He was holding two cups of coffee and handed one over to Taeil, "I hope you like it, it's what you ordered last night."

Taeil is suprsied he remembered. As he goes to take the coffee their hands brush and Taeil almost drops the coffee. He wanted to blame the warmth he felt from their touch on the coffee, but he felt it on his ears and knew he was turning red. He passes Jihoon his notebook and thanks him for the coffee. Desperate to avoid conflit if Jihoon could see him getting flustered, Taeil changes the subject "When will the Bastarz practice be? I'm excited to see what you guys sound like."

Jihoon blooms into a smile, "It's wednesday night, are you still able to come?"

"That's my day off so you're lucky." Taeil says and takes a sip of the coffee. It tasted even better than it usually does when he orders it. "Did you do somthing different with the order it tastes really good."

Jihoon smiles and gives him a wink."I had them add an extra ounce of love."

"So cheesy!" Taeil nearly spits his coffee out as he cringes at what the older boy said. 

Jihoon laughs and doges Taeil fist coming at his arm. "You're so cute when you're mad. Aw, I have to get to class or I'll be late. Thank you again for the notebook!"

Taeil waves goodbye and smiles to himself. He felt that he could definetly be falling for this boy. He wasn't use to having such attention, especially from a boy. He felt a little supicious if this was a prank or a dare from the other two boys Jihoon was with that day they met. Taeil pushed the thought to the back of his mind and opened up the shop. He took his time setting up since the resturant wouldn't be officially open for a couple more hours. Since he was up so early and the only one here Taeil took advantage of the empty space. He quietly started to sing to himself before getting louder. He put his heart into what he was singing and he managed to forget the rest of the world for a moment. He had to admit he was not that good at dancing but he tried his best as he prepped the kitchen. He looked around and was satisfied with what he had accomplished. Taeil checked the time and saw there was still a good hour until the shop officially opened. 

He stretches and hums to himself as he locks up. Today was a little warmer than usual so Taeil decided to take advantace and visit his favorite spot in the little wooded area by his house. The busy of the streets from everyone heading to work or school had slowed down and only a few stragglers walked quickly past him. Taeil pulls out his headphones and turns on some music. He hums along and finds his way back to the spot. He sits down on a log and watches the water running through the river. His thoughts wander to Jihoon, Taeil bites his lip and pictures the taller ones face. He loved the smile that was permintely on his face and the way he looked at Taeil made his heart skip a beat. As he felt himself getting giddier at the thought of seeing Jihoon again his phone buzzes. Speak of the devil, it was Jihoon texting him. 

Class is so boring :( How is your morning? 

Taeil smiles and sends him back a message about having to go into work soon. Speaking of work he checked the time and started to head back. Today was his mothers day off and Taeil liked to be there all day to make sure the shop runs smoothly. The day goes by suprisingly fast for a Tuesday. He was constantly busy helping in the kitchen and bussing tables. He waves goodbye to the last of the staff leaving and lets out a sigh. He didn't have much time to himself and wasn't able to check his phone. He looks at it and is a little dissapointed that Jihoon hasn't texted him. He shakes his head and tells himself to get over it, he did only just meet this guy. Walking into the kitchen he makes sure everyone was gone before he starts to sing. Trying to be happier and forget the sudden sadness he felt Taeil tries to sing a happier song, but it ends up just being sad. He sings to himself as he finsihes all the work for the night and nearly has a heart attack when he steps back into the seating area. Jihoon was standing there smilling, "I didn't know you could sing so beautifully."