Your Star

Starry Night

Because Sehun stubbornness and the amazing stamina of their horse they reached the next town when it was already dark, they were very tired so they quickly searched for a place to stay and thanks to a man they found an inn to stay the night it was a cozy place and after a light supper they went straight to sleep.

The next day before they left Sehun made sure to buy enough food for the rest of their traveling. Their presence in the small market of the town called the attention mainly because Sehun blue durumagi and Luhan overwhelming beauty despite the weakness he was feeling and the attention made the Knight wary so he did his best to avoid anyone getting too close to the blonde.

“Hey beauty, want to come with me?” a man called Luhan while they were buying some dried meat, the words didn’t like Sehun who stepped in front of him quickly. “Is he not allowing you to talk?” he snorted at the action of the taller.

“You shouldn’t talk like that to a Knight” another man said gaining comments of approval of persons around him.

“Whatever” the man said and left giving a last glance to Sehun and Luhan.

It was around midday when they finally left the town; Sehun was still upset because of what had happened at the market and a little concern because of the time they have left till they reached Mincheon.

“We need to find a secure place to camp before the sunset” Sehun said at one point of their ride.

“We are being followed, Sehun” the blonde said calmly. “They have been following us since we left the town”

“What?” the Knight asked halting the horse suddenly. “Who do you even…?” and the he understood why Luhan seemed weaker by day, he had been using his powers to make sure they weren’t in any danger. “You really shouldn’t”

“I can put a barrier over us for the night they are not going to be able to go through” Luhan said ignoring the last words of the other.

“No, you are weak you shouldn’t being using your powers” the other refused.

“It’s almost sunset Sehun and they are six I know you are strong but it will be better not to risk anything almost not when it’s dark” the Knight knew that the blonde was right, at the dark and being less in number they will be in clear disadvantage.

“Ok, but just for this night” Sehun accepted. “Tomorrow we are going to be solving this” he added.

After they advanced a little more they were able to find a good place to camp for the night, it was near the road and not to into the woods, as quick as they can they set the tent and lighted a fire.

“And how this barrier of you works?” Sehun asked when they were seated beside de fire eating a little of bread and meat with hot tea.

“It’s a physic barrier but also it confuses their minds so they can’t find us” Luhan explained.

“It’s all you can do?” the taller asked curious because it was the first time they talked about the other powers.

“Well, as you know I also can see with my mind the surroundings and I can move things with my mind and confuse the minds of people and sometimes I can see the future but that is a little tricky” Sehun was really surprised at the extent of the power of the dalmul and understood why it was too much for his human form.

“And when you give them to the Tree of Life?”

“I don’t know for sure, maybe I will keep them all but weaker or maybe I will lose some of them. What really concerns me is what is going to happen with me after the Tree take my powers away.”

“Well, my grandfather said you will have a home at the Sacred City and as long as you want you can stay there” the taller provided trying to comfort him.

“And you Sehun?”

“I’m called to serve as Knight” he said feeling a little guilty that he was happy when the blonde was clearly distressed. “Till I’m needed I will stay at the Sacred City so we still will be together and maybe we can also live together there…” he added blushing but was happy when he saw Luhan smiled to him. “And when the time come that I’m not needed anymore as Knight then… if you want we can go back to the Boreal Lands or wherever you want” he said quickly feeling his heart beating.

“Thanks” Luhan said with a mesmerizing smile and then his face changed quickly his expression becoming blank and for a second Sehun thought that his eyes shined gold.

“Luhan?” the Knight asked concerned.

“If I’m in danger… like I said I’m not that defenseless so search first for a way to escape” Luhan said suddenly and a shiver ran on Sehun back because he was sure that the other had seen a flash of the future.

“Do you see…?”

“Like I said it’s tricky so maybe nothing would happen but if it does…”

“I understand if it does happen just keep you safe and when you can run to me” the Knight said serious and Luhan nodded.

After they finished their food they went inside the tent to sleep, Sehun intention was to leave as soon as the sun rose and if possible to lose the ones that were following them he was sure that once they reached the end of the forest of the Boreal Lands they will be less willing to follow them for the desert land that lead to the North Bridge and into Mincheon.

Luhan stayed awake cradled in Sehun arms, he hadn’t told the Knight but to keep it up especially in his current state of weakness required all of his concentration so he needed to stay awake, it wasn’t the smartest move but he also knew that it was the better to keep them safe at least for that night.

**

Luhan woke up startled when he felt them so close to them and then horrified realized that he had fell asleep at some point of the night which had made the barrier drop and now their followers where so close to them.

“Sehun! Wake up!” he said panicked while moving the other to wake him up.

“What happens?” Sehun said opening his eyes now on full alert.

“I… I dropped the barrier, I’m sorry, Sehun it wasn’t my intention and now they are close, we need to move”

“Ok, let’s go!” Sehun said quickly getting up and helping Luhan as well.

“I’m sorry, Sehun…”

“It’s not your fault and I’m not angry, don’t worry” Sehun assured. “How much we have?”

“Twenty minutes at much”

“Ok, we don’t have time to take the tent with us so just pick up your coat and all the food you can” he indicated while doing the same.

Quickly they got up in their horse and ran into forest trying to reach the border of it the sun barely out, soon they heard the hoofs of horses following and they were getting closer and closer to them.

“Hey, my Lord!” one of the man that was just behind them shouted. “Do you think that for being a Knight you would be safe?!” and the he laughed his companions joined him soon.

“Why don’t you just stop and we talk?” Sehun tried to make his horse go quicker.

“I just want a little of all that gold I see you carrying and maybe the beauty that is going with you!” at that Sehun recognized the man they had encountered in the marked and felt the anger rose in him.

“I will try to get rid of them” Sehun said so only Luhan could hear him.

He was nervous he hadn’t use hid power since a long time but this was not time to doubt, trying to concentrate he create a strong blow of wind that surprised the men and one fell off his horse.

“Damn it! Keep going!” the man in the front ordered. “He will catch us later!” he thought it will be easier to catch the Knight but he was being proved wrong. “Shot them!”

Soon arrows were shouted at the horse in front of them but to his surprise none of them hit them, Sehun was surprised at that too when he only see the arrows pass by their side but when he heard Luhan whimpering in pain he knew the reason why the arrows had missed the target.

“Stop! I can divert them with the wind!” Sehun screamed.

“Just find a way out!” and he remembered what they had talked the night before he looked ahead trying to find a way to escape the line of trees in front of him indicate him they were almost at the end of the forest if they made it till there he could use the wind again without the trees blocking him.

The horse had crossed the final line of trees when suddenly it felt down because his back legs had been trapped with a rope, Sehun felt his body hit the snow and the thought of Luhan wellbeing quickly filled his mind but a sword was placed at his throat before he can search for the blonde.

“Try something funny and I will cut your throat and his” the man said while he was forced to sit while being tied up, Sehun could see that Luhan was fine and being tied as him a few meters of where he was. “You were really hard to catch, now be a good boy”

“Just take the gold and leave us” Sehun said trying to keep his cool.

“I will but I don’t think that is enough considering how much we struggle to find you” the man smirked and looked at Luhan. “But like I said before that beauty… I think he will be more than enough” Sehun pulled at his bindings but a sword was pressed to Luhan neck so he quickly stopped. “Try something funny as you did back there and I will kill him”

“Let’s rest before we head back” one of the other men said and all nodded.

One of the six men was guarding Luhan while other did the same for Sehun who had been thrown off the side of his horse that was lying on the snow as the other checked their bags.

At the time hundreds of things were going around Sehun minds but the principal was how they were going to get out of their current situation, then he felt Luhan looking intently at him and saw how the blonde made a little gesture with his head indicating the ropes around his body, suddenly his eyes widened when he realized that Luhan was holding the ropes in his hands to make them look as if they were still had tied around him, the blonde had managed to untied them with his powers and Sehun jolted a little when he felt his own binds get loose, when he has free he hold the ropes as Luhan did.

Definitely he was sure he can make a snow storm enough strong to defeat the six of them but he needed to have Luhan close first, me mouthed to the boy a “Come here” and hoped for him to understand what he wanted, Luhan nodded to him and it happened in a minute.

The man that was guarding Luhan flew away at one hit of the dalmul power and the one that was guarding Sehun did the same as the Knight hit him with his wind, Luhan launched forward to his arms and Sehun caught the flanges of his horse to avoid it to run away and then with a power he didn’t know he had a huge snow stormed appeared.

It lasted at least three minutes and when it finally stopped the men were nowhere to be seen probably covered by the snow as soon as he could Sehun helped Luhan on the horse and the ran away in the direction of the North Bridge and for precaution the Knight made a final blow with the wind behind them.

**

They ran till the horse can no longer hold the pace, it was very late in the afternoon the sun just an hours to set down so they got down of the horse to let it rest while they checked what they had with them now. Beside some bags with little food that were attached to the sides of the horse and one that Luhan had managed to grab before they escape they have not much.

“We have to hurry now we can be here in the cold and with so little food for much time and…”

“Sehun!” Luhan suddenly exclaimed when he noticed the blood tainting the snow below the taller feet and the as a cue the Knight fell to his knees.

“I’m fine” he said but Luhan didn’t believe him at all. When Luhan had launched to his arms before the man at his side had managed to give a blow with his sword it would have hit the blonde if Sehun hadn’t react quickly but it hit him instead and in the moment because of the adrenaline he didn’t feel more than a little sting but now he realized how deep the cut had actually been. “We need to go now”

“No. We need to cure you first!”

Luhan was quite persistent so he managed to bandage Sehun before they continued with their travel. The path ahead of them looked so isolated with no tree at sight and just big rocks that indicated the way to the North Bridge.

“It’s almost dark” Sehun said gritting his teeth to avoid the pained tone is his voice. “We should look for a place to rest” he said and felt Luhan nodding at his back.

Before the sun set they found a place where the rocks provided enough protection for the cold wind of the night. They lighted a fire and snuggled to one of the side s of the horse trying to warm up which the animal seemed to appreciate too.

“You should eat more” Luhan said offering the little food they can save but the other refused.

“I’m not feeling hungry, you eat” Sehun resting his body against his horse and closing his eyes, he was feeling his body so heavy and cold.

“Let me get closer so you can warm up” Luhan said, without realizing he had said he was cold out loud.

“Thanks” the taller mumbled and hugged Luhan closer, soon his eyes closed and drifted to sleep but beside the dalmul couldn’t sleep at all, he was dead worry about Sehun state because his body felt still cold against him so he hugged him more tightly and looking at the sky where he once had been a star he called for help.

He didn’t know if someone was actually to hear his call but he called out with all his soul that someone helped them.

**

It was late at night when Jonghyun guard arrived to Mincheon; they had been traveling for almost four days to reach the city where they were supposed to pick up a new Knight and a dalmul to take them to the Sacred City.

“I’m so tired!” Chanyeol said while they searched for a place to stay the night. “Do you think they are near?” he asked then concerned.

“We didn’t know but let’s hope they are” Jonghyun said. “For now we need to rest”

Jongdae was about to say something when some energy hit him, as a sorcerer he could feel spirits and other creatures alike and it that moment he felt a powerful one calling for help and he was sure that the dalmul was the one calling.

“Are you fine?” Jonghyun asked when he saw Jongdae blank expression.

“I don’t think they could come here” he finally said and when the other looked confused at him he continued. “The dalmul is calling for help so I guess we need to go for them”

“What happened to them?” Chanyeol asked his eyes widened.

“Do I look like fortune teller?” Jongdae asked instead and Jonghyun just rolled his eyes.

“So we go for them now?” the tallest of the three asked already getting ready to go.

“No, it’s dark and cold and we will not be of any help all tired like we are” Jonghyun said. “We are leaving tomorrow even before sunrise to look for them” the other two nodded at the captain and continued with their search of a place to stay. While they were on that Chen tried to send a calming message to the dalmul hoping he will get the right feeling.

**

The sun was barely out when the three Knights left Mincheon and headed toward the North Bridge that by what they had been told it was more or less and hour away of the city they didn’t know how far the other two were of if they were deeply hurt so they needed to hurry up.

As they were on their way Luhan had managed to take a weak Sehun up the horse and he had restarted their march, something had happened the night before when he was calling for help he didn’t receive a clear answer but somehow he got a calming feeling and just that made him feel better and gave him strength to continue and even now he could feel that same calming feeling and was sure that one of the Knights that were supposed to meet them was the one sending him that message.

He didn’t know how far he was from the North Bridge and was concerned at how much blood Sehun had lost and was around midday when he started to feel distressed about their situation when he heard someone.

“I see them!” a scream was heard and Luhan looked three Knight ran to them in their horses and he felt so happy that he wanted to cry. “Are you ok?” The tall Knight asked humping down his horse and Luhan realized he had stopped his horse.

“I’m fine, but he is hurt” he signaled Sehun who barely supported himself upright. “Please, help him”

“Don’t worry” the shorter of the Knight said while helping the taller to take Sehun down of the horse. “We will help him, Chanyeol help me to get him down so Jongdae can check on him” the taller quickly did as he was told and when Sehun was on the ground Luhan climbed down as well feeling suddenly weak.

“It’s ok, I’m a great healer” the one that had been addressed like Jongdae said to him with a calm smile and Luhan recognized in him the calming feeling so he smiled to him.

“Thanks”

Jongdae checked Sehun carefully and like he had said he was a great healer soon get back some color back though he was still unconscious and while the Knight tended to him Luhan was being given water and some food by the other two who also asked him what happened to them and Luhan explained how they had been attacked.

“Ok, don’t worry as soon as we get to the Sacred City we are going to inform Yoona about this and surely a guard of Knight will be sent to take care of them” Luhan nodded feeling relived by that. “Meanwhile, eat something you look pretty pale too. My name is Jonghyun by the way I’m captain of this guard” he presented himself.

“He will be fine but I think we are going to need some more help maybe of Yixing and a good rest at the Sacred City” Jongdae said when he was finished. “Now, let me check on you” he said to Luhan.

“I’m fine” Luhan said but Jongdae snorted at him.

“You are so pale you couldn’t possibly be fine” he said checking him as well.

“How much we need to travel?” Luhan asked when Jongdae finished checking on him.

“We only need to get back to Mincheon” Chanyeol said. “It’s barely four hours from here and after you have eaten something more and maybe catch a rest I guess we are heading back” he said looking to Jonghyun who nodded.

“We have a spell that will take us right to Muyeokdo” Jonghyun explained.

“I still don’t understand why we can use a spell to travel to the Boreal Land or you to come to Muyeokdo” Chanyeol said and Jongdae rolled his eyes at him.

“For the same reason Jongin is not free to tele transport as he pleases, it’s politics” he said, when Bang Yongguk, now King of the Whispering Forests had left for obvious reasons Jongdae somehow had been the one choose to replace him like ambassador for the Sacred City though he still wasn’t sure if he liked the position he still preferred the missions with his guard.

“Well then I think we are ready to head back” Jonghyun said and all nodded in agreement.

Chanyeol carried Sehun on his horse and Luhan was taken by Jongdae while his horse was tied to Jonghyun one and the five returned to Mincheon.

**

They arrived to Mincheon after midday and even when Luhan wanted to go as soon as they got there Jonghyun stay adamant about how he needed to eat properly and maybe sleep some hours.

“This spell will take us to Muyeokdo in seconds so no need to hurry, we will be there before sun even sets, so rest now” Luhan sighed and finally gave up.

The dalmul didn’t know how tired he actually was till he woke up feeling way so much better.

“Time to go” Jongdae said when they were outside Mincheon and took out of his robes something that looked like a green and gold shinning marble and he thrown it at the floor and suddenly a mirror appeared. “After you” he said indicating to the blonde to cross and he did.

It was suddenly dark and the light blinded him for a minute but when he could see properly again he realized he was at the gate of what looked like a small city with a lot of whit buildings.

“You are finally here” Jinki said with a smile and only then Luhan noticed him. “Hi, Luhan my name is Jinki I’m the Regent of the Sacred City”

“Hi” he said shyly.

“We need medical assistance for Sehun” Jongdae said as he appeared holding the boy of one side while Chanyeol hold the other. “He lost a lot of blood and it’s only as much as I can do”

“Ok, let’s take him with Yixing” Jinki said and the other two Knight take him inside the Sacred City and toward the other Knight, Luhan wanted to follow them but Jinki stopped him. “Yoona wants to see you first” and when the blonde gave a distressful look to Sehun he continued. “It will be real quickly you will be by his side in no time”

“Ok”

Luhan was lead to where Yoona was in one of the many gardens of the Sacred City when he saw her he was taken aback by her beauty and wondered if all the priestess had been as beautiful as she was, when a smile she called to take seat beside her.

“Luhan, I was waiting for you, come here” she said.

“You were waiting for me? You know I will come?” he asked.

“Sort of, you know how tricky is the future” she smiled and he snickered at that. “So, are you ready?”

“For what?”

“I don’t know, why you came here?” for a while no one talked. “Many things that when a starts fall it’s merely luck but I think we know better”

“I was his star, I mean Sehun star all humans born with one and I was his but I wasn’t enough for me so… I came here”

“Such a person he has to be that he has a star falling for him. So, are you staying?”

“Do I have an option?”

“Of course, all we have actually the Tree as he can take away your powers it also can transform you into a star again”

“I love him so I came but I hurt him as well…” he added looking sad.

“First talk with him he is awake now and searching for you so go and talk and when you are ready then come to me” she smiled and Luhan wanted to say something but by looking at her he could only nod. “Chanyeol is waiting outside to take you there”

“I’m leaving now” the dalmul said and the turned to her. “So you really descend from a star” she just smiled.

**

Chanyeol took him to a room where like Yoona had said he was already awake.

“You could stay here to sleep” Chanyeol said as he opened the door. “We usually eat at diner hall but since he is hurt one maid will bring you food in some hours so just relax now”

“Ok, thanks”

“Don’t worry, he is fine and doesn’t stop asking for you so go inside” Luhan smiled at the taller and went inside.

“Luhan?” he heard the voice of Sehun.

“It’s me” he said entering the room where he was and saw him on the bed prompted on some pillows. “How are you feeling?”

“Better, thank for taking care of me. Are you ok?” Luhan nodded and when the other opened his arms to him he quickly accommodated between them. “What the Priestess told you?” Luhan explained what Yoona had told him leaving outside the fact he had practically confessed to her his feelings for Sehun and why he had become human. “So what are you gonna do?” he asked nervous and feeling a sting on his chest suddenly.

“I think I may be should go back and…”

Luhan couldn’t finish his sentence because suddenly Sehun was kissing him, it was a chaste kiss but it surprised the dalmul a lot, the simple touch made him feel dizzy and happy and his breath got short.

“Don’t go” Sehun said using Luhan words who smiled. “I know you feel lonely here but… I will be by your side like I said and even if I not much…” This time Luhan interrupted him with a kiss as sweet as chaste as the previous.

“I will stay then” Luhan smiled to him.

They spent the rest of the day just talking and kissing and like Chanyeol said maids took them some food and then leave so they continued to talk till it was dark and they could see the stars by the huge window of the room and finally felt asleep while hugging.

**

It was early the other day when they met Yoona in front of the Tree of Life.

“Have you decided?” Yoona asked.

“I’m staying” Luhan said with a smile and holding Sehun hand.

“That’s great we will be so happy to have you here. Now come is time to give the Tree some of your power” Luhan nodded and the Knight walked by his side. “Just stand here and soon it will be over, Sehun you might want to hold him since he will feel weak” The Knight quickly nodded and hugged the boy.

At first nothing happened but then the light that the Tree of Life always emitted turned more brilliant and enveloped them. Luhan felt when the light touched him he felt as is a heavy weight was lifted out of his shoulders and he could finally breathe properly and at that feeling he looked up realizing that Sehun had the entire time being attentive at him.

“I fell for you” Luhan said without thinking.

“I know” Sehun said with a smirk and the blonde lightly punched him.

“Not like that, idiot. I mean I was your birth star” he said blushing and Sehun eyes widened at the words but he composed quickly and smiled tenderly at Luhan.

“You still are” he said before placing a kiss on his lips.