Fallen Star

Starry Night

I was thinking of how I should post this story and finally I decided to make it in a two shot so this is teh first part and soon I will updtae the other maybe the next week. Hope you enoy it!

**

 

“Sometimes when there is a rain of stars one of one touches the earth in the perfect time it would become human and behold a great power…”

 

Yoona looked at the night sky which was particularly clear she knew that in the north, over the Boreal Lands there was a rain of stars and that one was destined to touch the earth and became a dalmul and therefor needed protection and also a new Knight would be called to duty.

“Jinki ssi” she told to the man standing by her side. “Would you go send our dear Captain Jonghyun for the dalmul and our new Knight at the Boreal Lands?”

“Of course” Jinki said with a smile.

**

Steps rumbled on the frozen ground of the forest as the hunting party crossed it.

“Hurry up, Sehun! The hunt is running away!” a voice screamed over the noise of the horse’s hoofs, the boy didn’t answer because he was not really interested in the hunt and his horse was a little too old to keep the pace, soon he was left behind and decided just to jog following the footprints on the snow, in his opinion it was too early in the morning to be hunting anyway.

Slowly he rode his horse barely noticing his surroundings till something that sounded like a scream broke his reverie he stopped his horse without noticing and then started following the direction he believed the scream had come from. He found himself in a small clearing on the forest and he took in the sight of it slowly and suddenly his eyes went wide with shock. At the other side of the clearing there was a boy lying on the snow complete , his skin was almost as white as the frozen blanket he was on and his hair was of a rich golden tone and what alarmed Sehun was the red tainting the snow that came from a cute on the leg of the boy.

Both stared at each other for a long moment before Sehun decided to climb down from his horse and approached the boy carefully to not scare him, the other seemed startled for a minute and tried to move away but the pain in his leg prevent him to do it so at the end he observed a little wary as the other came closer. From a closer view he realized how pretty the boy was and the tattoo in form of a constellation in his right shoulder that went up to his neck, the boy surrounded by the snow seemed almost unreal.

“Are you fine?” ok, dumb question if the situation was anything to go with but the boy didn’t answer so carefully he took of his coat and put it on him and observed amused how his eyes, big and pretty, widened comically at the touch of the fur of his coat and then snuggled to it cutely.

 Well problem one solved, now moving to the cut on the boy’s leg he first cleaned it with some melted snow and even when the blonde flinched at the cold feeling and made a whiny noise he didn’t do more, after he cut off a part of his sleeve and used like a bandage the cut. Once finished with that he just wondered what to do with the boy, he didn’t seem to want to talk and the entire situation was just confusing.

“I’m going to take you with me, is that ok?” the boy looked at him and then nodded, Sehun felt relieved that the boy actually understood him. “Good, let me help you”

He helped the boy up and then up his horse and then rode back carefully and slowly to not startle the boy, he had decided to mount with the boy in front of him to make him feel safe and apparently it had worked because he seemed calm and was looking around curiously. While riding a few times the coat which he had covered the boy slipped showing an expanse of milky white skin and even when the blonde seemed unfazed by that Sehun was quick to cover him up again the thought of the other just under the touch of the fur made him felt weird and his face to heat up.

When he was halfway it occurred to him that he had no idea of how he was going to explain he was returning from a hunting party with a boy.

“So, where do you come from?” Sehun tried to start a conversation and felt awkward when there was no answer. “Why were you ?” he tried again but still no answer but he kept blabbering mostly because even when he didn’t get an answer the other seemed not be bothered by them. “What’s your name?”

“Luhan” the sudden answer startled Sehun and stared at the blonde wondering if it had been just his imagination.

“So, you talk…” he said after a minute and just received a smile back. The rest of the ride Sehun tried to make Luhan talk again without success.

When he enter the house a servant rushed to his side to help him but stopped suddenly when noticing Luhan, the poor boy looked so confused on what to do.

“Master…”

“Please go inside and prepare some clothes and order some food from the kitchen, also call my father” he said and the boy relieved bowed quickly and disappeared inside, meanwhile Sehun helped Luhan down of the horse.

“What do you do to the poor boy, Sehun?” his father voice came from the house. “He seemed so scare…” he stopped midsentence when he noticed Luhan. “What…?”

“Father, this is Luhan I find him at the forest” Sehun said awkward while his father stared at the boy intently.

 “We need to call your grandfather but now let’s get inside and got the boy some clothes” he stared at Luhan a minute more and then headed inside wondering is his suspects were correct, only his father could confirm that.

Sehun was confused at the reaction of his father but he didn’t want to keep Luhan in the cold so he entered the house with the boy at his side that looked around everything with his big curious eyes. The first thing Sehun did was given to the blonde a hot tea and covered him with a blanket.

“Why we need my grandfather?” Sehun asked to his father.

“I need to ask him something” his father said and before he could ask again his sister enter the room.

“You are back early” Naeun said and then noticed Luhan. “Who is this?” she asked curiously liking the pretty boy instantly.

“Luhan” Sehun answered not really knowing what else to add.

“You should give him some proper clothes while the food is ready” his father interrupted them and Sehun nodded, a maid had just appeared indicating she had the clothes ready and also a room for Luhan so he pulled the boy to the room whit his sister behind them.

“Where are you from, Luhan?” the girl asked but there was no answer just a smile from the blonde. “Are you staying with us? How old are you?” she kept trying though and stopped only when Sehun closed the door in her face saying she wasn’t allowed inside the room. “I will wait here!”

Once the door was closed and his annoying sister was out of sight the whole situation was more awkward that he had first thought, for several minutes he just stood there looking at Luhan and the boy stared back at him.

“There are the clothes” Sehun pointed to the bed and when Luhan looked at them and then back at him he knew he was doomed.

“!”

He had to dress Luhan. It wasn’t that difficult because the blonde catch up quickly what he needed to do in order to help Sehun to dress him but it didn’t make the situation more comfortable for Sehun.

First he had to undress him which was easy considering he only was wearing Sehun’s coat and a blanket so when the two clothes touched the floor Sehun face burned red while Luhan stood there unfazed about all. The more quickly he could he dressed Luhan while trying to teach him how to do it by himself, he felt so relieved when he finally adjusted the belt of the whole attire.

“What take you so long?” Naeun asked when Sehun opened the door and walked outside Luhan behind him. “Where you kissing or what?” she teased and when Sehun blushed she gasped because his brother never blushed, never. “You did?” Luhan just smiled to her.

By the time his grandfather arrived Sehun had a headache all thanks to her sister but luckily he could have a rest when she entertained herself helping Luhan with the chopstick while eating, they were on it when his grandfather arrived.

“Goodnight kids” Oh Seungwoo said taking seat with them Naeun answered cheery while Sehun just grunted and then introduced Luhan with few words. As soon he was done with his greetings he attentively observed the blonde specially the mark of the constellation that picked up from the neck of his robes. “Sehun, let’s talk in the other room”

He followed his grandfather to the other room giving one last glance to Luhan who was still very entertained with Naeun and the food.

“Your father told me you find him at the forest” his grandfather said and Sehun nodded.

“He was alone and ” he added feeling embarrassed at the last word.

“Yesterday there was a rain of stars” Sehun seemed confused at his grandfather statement but before he can ask something he continued. “I think he is a dalmul, a fallen star. Have you hear the legends, right? Sometimes during a rain of stars if one touched the land in the perfect time it would take human form” the man said.

“Do you believe in that?” Sehun asked.

“It’s the true though long ago when I was a child a star fell to the land and took human form she looked just like that boy, pale skin and blonde hair and the mark of the stars along her body, she was taken to the Sacred City, people said is the  great grandmother of the actual Priestess” Seungwoo answered. “Anyway, he must be taken to the Sacred City, a dalmul hold a great power and possess the gift to see the future but also is fragile because his human form can contain his power so in order to live must give some of it to the Tree of Life”

“Are you asking me to take him there?” Sehun asked incredulous.

“Sehun…”

“Really has to be me?”

Oh Seungwoo knew he was touching a very sensitive theme for his grandson but it was necessary. Sehun was born with a gift, the power to control the wind and because of that he had been expecting to be called to the Sacred City to serve as a Knight just as him when he was young, but now he was seventeen and he hadn’t been called which made him feel hurt so much that he even had stopped using his gift.

“Sehun”, his grandfather started again. “I know how you feel toward this but… like the Knight I once was I can tell that you are called in the right time and maybe this is your time to go” he offered.

“I will think about it” Sehun said while standing up.

“Luhan only has fifteen days to be taken to the Sacred City his power is too much for his human form… he could die” the older man added making Sehun stop in his tracks but then he left.

It was really late at night when Sehun was outside observing the stars he jolted when he felt something pressing to his side and when he looked at he was met with Luhan eyes and that caught him off guard. Luhan eyes were really big and in there it seemed to be hundreds of stars that gave them a mysterious shine making the idea of him being a fallen star completely believable.

“Hi” he stuttered once he realized he had been staring and clearing his throat he looked at the sky again, the blonde didn’t answer and just pressed more to him and without thinking much he put his arms around him. “Not talking yet?”

They stayed in silence for some minutes just staring at the stars and Sehun sometimes stealing glances to the boy in his arms.

“My grandfather said you are a faller star, a dalmul and that you need to be taken to the Sacred City” Sehun said after some minutes. “So I guess… I’m taking you there” he added and the silence returned after that.

Once it got too cold to be outside Sehun guided Luhan to his room for the night and when he was about to left him in there Luhan grabbed his robes and looked at him scared.

“I’m going to be just in front of you” Sehun explained but Luhan wouldn’t let him go.

“Don’t go” Luhan whispered and the taller was so startled by the words that he just stared at the blonde wondering if it hadn’t been his imagination. “Please?”

No, definitely not his imagination and he couldn’t said no to Luhan pouting face so he stayed with him. So he slept with Luhan in his arms and woke up to him still there and for some reason it was as peaceful as looking at the stars.

**

At the other day Sehun told his father he was taking Luhan to the Sacred City so the servants should prepare him a light luggage for leave the next day.

“Master, a letter had arrived with this” a maid said in the middle of the chaos that was going in the house in the preparation of Sehun leaving, she gave to the man the letter and a small package. “An eagle bring them” she added curious at what it was.

“Thanks” Sehun father said taking the things he was offered and opening the letter first. When he read the first words his eyes opened wide and quickly went to his son. “It’s for you” he told him handing him the letter.

“What is this?” he said opening and just like his father his eyes opened wide when he read it.

 

“Dear Oh Sehun,

This is the High Priestess, I want to inform you that from this day on and till you are needed you would be serving as Knight in the Sacred City and your first mission is to bring Luhan as soon as possible because as you might know it is a matter of life or death. I know the travel is long so in order to help you Captain Jonghyun along some of his men should meet you midway at Mincheon. Please start travel as soon as possible and take good care of Luhan and you as well.

PD. I know how much you want this garment.

Im Yoona”

That was what the letter said, it was brief but to Sehun it meant a lot because he had been waiting for this calling all his life. Carefully he opened the small package that came along and he found inside the blue garments that recognized him like a Knight.     

**

He left the next day pretty early with Luhan riding a black horse a gift from his father since his own horse was too old to make the long travel.

“Be careful” his mother said hugging him one more time along with his sister.

“I will, don’t worry” he said with a smile and after hugging his father as well he helped Luhan up before climbing up as well. “We will go now.”

Their pace was in a middle speed Sehun didn’t want to tire the horse since they had to travel for almost seven days, first they had to cross the forests of the Boreal Lands before they reach the North Bridge that will lead them into Mincheon city where Captain Jonghyun would wait for them.

“Are you hungry, Luhan?” Sehun asked around midday when the pace of their horse was slow and maybe a rest was needed.

“A little” as the days passed Luhan actually started to speak more it was like he was slowly getting comfortable with his new form. They stopped to the side of the road to have a quick lunch and to let the horse rest for a while.

“By the sunset I think we will be arriving to the next town so we can rest in a hostel or something like that” Sehun said because as they nearest the North Bridge the towns would be less so they have to take a proper rest as long they can.

“It’s fine, Sehun” when Luhan said his name he was really surprised because it was the first time it happened and for some reason that made his stomach do a weird flip.

When they finished their quick meal they restarted his travel to Mincheon.

It was the sunset when they arrived to a small town and luckily they found a place to stay for the night quickly, the owner of the hostel was a really joyful lady called Miyoung who was happy to have a Knight for guest.

“So you are in a mission now?” the lady asked as she showed them their room.

“Yeah, sort of” Sehun said awkward.

“What is about?” she asked curious. At this Sehun doubted because his grandfather had told him to be careful about Luhan identity. “Don’t worry you don’t need to tell me, I was out of place” she waved off her previous question. “Well I hope you find comfortable this room is not much but… the dinner will be ready in two hours, would you like to eat in your room or go down?”

“We will go down” the Knight said since they were the only guests in the hostel it seemed proper to join Miyoung for dinner. 

“Ok, I will call you when is ready then” she said leaving the room.

“What do you think?” Sehun asked to Luhan. The room wasn’t that small if anything it was cozy, it has a bathroom, a little table with some cushions that was separated from the bedroom just with a screen decorated with the image of the boreal forests.

“You worry too much” Luhan said with an amused smile.

“Why don’t you take a bath?” Sehun answered avoiding the boy eyes but when Luhan chuckled he knew he had made a mistake remembering to Luhan the time he had to help him to bath. “You can do it by yourself now” Sehun said blushing and this time the blonde laughed.

“I will go then”

When the door of the bathroom closed Sehun let out the breath that he didn’t know had been holding but a smile appeared on his face as well.

Miyoung called them to eat when Sehun was already bathed so both went downstairs to have dinner. All together ate the delicious meal the girl had prepared while chatting a bit.

“Do you live here alone?” Sehun asked.

“No. My parents own this place but now is a low season for the hostel since winter is close and people prefer not to travel when the cold is getting stronger, so I’m just here in case someone come around” she explained while filling their plates with more food. “I’m happy you have decided to stay here since it could get a little lonely more at night” she smiled at them. “So, have you been a Knight for a long time?”

“Not really, I just got called” the Knight admitted shyly.

“Still really cool” she added. “Anyway just to let you know there are some thieves around the forest especially at this season so be careful on your travel”

“We will, thanks” he said observing Luhan who had barely eaten something and seemed really tired so as soon as they finished eating he took the blonde to their room to rest. “Are you ok?” he asked him once they were in bed.

“I’m just tired” Luhan said cuddling more to Sehun body who knew that it was for his powers which took a lot of his human form, his grandfather had told him that, there were still at least six days of travel to Mincheon.

They left early the next day, Miyoung insisted in given them a quick breakfast before they left along with food for later.

“Are you hungry?” Sehun asked over his shoulder to Luhan who was at his back, the pace of the horse was slow as they have rode for long hours now.

“Not really” the blonde answered his head resting on Sehun shoulder.

“You sure? Because it’s late and you didn’t eat that much in the morning” the Knight pointed out, Luhan slimed to the concerned face the other was making.

“I think I can eat something now.”

“Good, we can also let the horse rest a bit so we can hurry up to the next town, Miyoung said it was two days away but maybe if we hurry up…”

“It’s ok, Sehun. We can always camp I don’t really mind” the boy said as he was helped down of the horse.

“I will prefer we don’t” Sehun said as he observed a sickish tone to Luhan pale skin, they have already been three days at travel and there will be at least two more days before they fully crossed the Boreal Forest and one more to the North Bridge and according to Miyoung the town ahead was the last in their way so he really wanted to reach it as soon as possible so Luhan could rest in a proper place. “You hear what Miyoung said about bandits”

“I’m not that defenseless, Sehun” the blonde said rolling his eyes. “I have my powers”

“That my grandfather said you really shouldn’t use” the other pointed out, Luhan was about to say something but then dismissed the idea so for some minutes they ate in silence the lunch that Miyoung had prepared to them. “Luhan, how is to be start?” the Knight asked surprising the other.

“To be honest I don’t really remember but… I know so many things about humans but at the same time I don’t understand them and now I’m one and I feel confused because I don’t really what to do in this form is like being a foreigner in my body and in all this world” it was the most Luhan talked since he became human and Sehun feel bad because of the sadness of his voice. “I mean humans have their relationships to know who they are but I…”

“You have me” Sehun said quickly and the blushed at his words and Luhan seemed taken aback by them. “It might be not much but…” the blonde suddenly hugged him because to him it was a lot.

“Don’t leave”

“I will not”