One

My Turn To Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Oh Sehun hated a lot of things.


 

He hated pulling all-nighters for late night dance practices.

 

He hated having to meet a weight quota every week to please his manager-hyung.

 

He hated his sasaeng fans.

 

 

But there was one person whom Oh Sehun could not and would not ever hate, regardless of anything he did, including leaving the younger behind.

 

 

Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In fact, he hated the affection and care he provided for the older, unknown and unrecognized by the very person those actions were intended for.

 

[020113]

Sehun clumsily dumps Luhan on his bed and collapses down beside him.

 

¨Hyung, why are you so heavy,¨ the maknae groans, rubbing his arms.

¨Shut it, you're heavier than me, ¨ came the faint reply of the fast-fading boy.

 

Sehun chuckles and heaves himself up as the soft snores of the sleeping boy reaches his ears. Looking around to make sure Minseok-hyung hasn't arrived yet, he slowly leans forward to examine Luhan's face.

 

These past two years after debuting has taken quite its toll on his hyung, Sehun thinks while tracing the wrinkles on his hyung's forehead. He remembers that as a trainee, Luhan would always be smiling and joking with the members. These days, he would only briefly talk with Yixing or Minseok. Even Sehun himself was often ignored by the Chinese boy.

 

Sehun sighs, and begins to stand up to leave when he notices something odd. Luhan's entire face is red, and sweat covers his face, creating an illusion of sparkles flying across his head. Frowning, he sits back down and lays his palm over his hyung's forehead.

 

It's burning hot.

 

Swearing, Sehun trips over his feet as he runs to the bathroom to wet some warm towel. Returning back to Luhan's dorm, he sets the basin of water-soaked towels by his bed and places one on top of his hyung's head. Grabbing his phone, he calls their manager to let him know Luhan would be taking the morning off tomorrow, and only when the call ends does he relax.

 

Night falls, but Sehun continues to tend to Luhan in his delirious state, not even letting Minseok-hyung sleep in their shared dorm for fear of the illness being contagious.

 

The next day, he had been scolded at a fair amount for not dancing correctly in his sleep-deprived state. Luhan was once again back up and on his feet, teasing Sehun like usual and thanking a clueless Minseok-hyung for taking care of him all night.

 

Although, Sehun now reasons bitterly, he supposed he deserved it.

 

He hated himself for everything he did for his hyung, despite knowing he would eventually leave.

 

And when it's finally time, Sehun doesn't think he'll be able to show up to his hyung's send-off.

 

He does anyway.

 

Because that's the type of dongsaeng he is.

 

Only now does he realize how utterly pathetic he was before.

 

How close he was to giving up to pain.

 

He's glad he didn't.

 

He's glad he's not weak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then why does he feel this way?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He hated himself for protecting Luhan so many times, as if it were his obligation to.

 

As if.

 

[140213]

Clutching on to a much-needed coffee, both arms hovering protectively around his hyung, Sehun sighs while batting away a fan's hand when it comes too close to Luhan's head. Returning to Korea and getting through the airport amidst screaming and fainting fans always gave him a headache. Honestly, Sehun loves his fans, but he'd always questioned if they understood what the idea of privacy was. But then again, who was he to complain when his Luhan-hyung always had it worse than him, being the cute deer-like heartthrob of EXO?

 

The said person was currently squinting at his camera lense, focusing on what would probably later be branded as ¨one of those artsy photos that everyone always posts on social media¨. Sehun rolls his eyes just thinking about how gullible and stubborn his hyung was. Luhan sure as heck could sing and dance, but the poor boy couldn't photograph for the life of him, although his number of attempts had been nothing short of astonishing.

 

A soft poke is felt on the maknae's back; Sehun gently nudges his hyung forwards with his arms still enveloped around his body, ushering him to the plane entrance.

 

¨Luhan-hyung,¨ Sehun whispers in his ear. ¨We have to go.¨

 

The said boy detaches his face from his well-loved camera and takes a shaky step back when he realizes where he is-- coincidentally colliding right into his dongsaeng's warm, broad chest. With another encouraging nudge from Sehun, he steps forward and hands the flight attendant his first class ticket.

 

Protection only lead to pain, and pain makes people weak.

 

Oh Sehun doesn't need protection.

 

Oh Sehun is not weak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He hated the way Luhan would always seem to know exactly what he was thinking.

 

[270314]

¨Yah!¨ Luhan playfully exclaims, gently lifting Sehun's chin using his finger, an action both comforting and all too familiar to the usually touch-repulsive Sehun.

 

Pretending to be annoyed, Sehun glares, ¨What, hyung?¨

 

¨Stop worrying about me. I'll be fine.¨

 

Of course you're not fine.  How can I not think about you?

 

¨Of course you're fine. Why would I be thinking of you?¨

 

Luhan pauses, and Sehun thinks he's seen through his lies.

 

¨I went to the doctor yesterday, ¨ he continues.

 

Sehun knows. ¨Really?¨

 

¨Yep. Sehunnie, they said I'm getting a lot better now!¨ Luhan grins. ¨At least I'm feeling so much better!¨

 

Sehun knows the doctor advised him to stop performing for a while, since it's getting worse. Sehun knows, because he's read the doctor's prescriptions mailed to Luhan.

 

But Sehun anyways whispers to him, ¨That's great, hyung. I was wondering when you'd get better.¨

 

¨Aha!¨ Luhan laughs and prods Sehun's chin again. ¨You brat, I told you that you were thinking about me.¨

 

Sehun colors. ¨Hyung, how do you always know what I'm thinking?¨

 

Luhan just smiles and teases him, like he always does, ¨Sehunnie, didn't you just answer your own question? Am I not your hyung?¨

 

He was, after all, like family to Sehun.

 

But what kind of family leaves you when they're the only ones you have left?

 

So, Sehun concludes that family only leads to pain, and pain makes people weak.

 

Oh Sehun doesn't need family.

 

Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter