Just wait and see

The Same Bed

"So yeah, now I have ugly dark circles and my hair is a mess. Like I'm still hot as , that's for sure, but I'm really messy. You know what I mean? Honestly, I'm so pisse-"

"Baekhyun?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm hanging up."

"What? What does that even mean? I'm trying to tell you something important here, why would you even want to han-"

"Jesus Christ, you didn't sleep because you missed Chanyeol. I get it."

Baekhyun gasped, almost dropping his phone.

"You don't! I don't miss him! What the , Jongdae? Seriously, what the fu-"

Jongdae sighed, trying his best not to curse at the older.

"Whatever. I'm still hanging up. I'm tired and tomorrow I have to go to work at like 7am."

"Well guess what you selfish , I'm tired too. I didn't even get to sleep for half on hour last night, you know? God, maybe I'm depressed or something."

"Listen Baekhyun. I can stand your bull only for a limited amount of time. You're almost crossing the line, buddy. I even saw you earlier today when I came to pick up Chanyeol's stuff. I'd say that's more than enough. Goodnight."

"Jongdae! Don't you dare-"

And the line went dead.

Taken aback, Baekhyun looked at his phone in disbelief, wondering if throwing it against the wall out of anger would turn out to be a bad idea.

Deciding to refrain himself from doing so, he just groaned, stripping down and getting ready to go to bed.

He had spent the whole day out whit Yixing, well aware of the fact that Chanyeol was going to drop by his house in the afternoon to collect all of his remaining boxes.

He simply wasn't in the right mood to see him. Or even better, he had a feeling in his guts that just the sight of the giant's face would make him want to puke right away.

It's not like he wasn't ready to see his ex yet, nor was he scared of starting to cry histerically in front of him out of the blue. Nah, obviously not.

In fact, he was already over Chanyeol. That's right. A day had passed since their break up and Baekhyun was already feeling totally fine.

Or at least that's what he wanted to believe.

And even if the countless tubs of ice cream scattered all around their- his bedroom mixed with tons of used tissues made it seem as if the boy wasn't feeling well in the slightest, he sure as hell was.

Everything was just perfect.

All he needed to do in that moment was lay down in his bed, close his eyes, fall asleep and forget about everything.

Easy, right?

Wrong.

One: he still couldn't sleep at all, and two: for some ed up reason Chanyeol's stupid face was haunting his thoughts.

Because yes, even if it hurt his nerves to admit it, he still got to see him for appoximately 10 seconds.

Why?

'Cause Yixing had to go to his dumb boyfriend's house all of a sudden, leaving Baekhyun alone and forcing him to go back to his apartment.

Choice that would later turn out to have been terrible, since the exact same moment he had reached out for his keys, Chanyeol and Jongdae had opened the door, all sweaty and almost hitting him in the face.

And what did Baekhyun do?

Of couse, he just shouted a quick "Oh hello Jongdae!" before running away at the speed of light.

Again, the whole thing lasted more or less ten seconds, and yet the older was still able to get a glimpse of Chanyeol's surprised eyes.

The same eyes that had been bothering him for seven hours straight.

Not because Baekhyun still found them so pretty and charming, no, but because they were just so ing ugly that it was almost impossible for him to forget about them holy .

God, he was so exausted.

And the more he thought about it, the more he wondered why he had to be the only one suffering.

Because, let's be honest, Chanyeol was probably sleeping like a baby, snoring and everything.

So why, just why was Byun Baekhyun the only one going through this mess of emotions and insomnia? 

It was unfair.

Staring at the ceiling with his body wrapped in the covers and the lights still on, Baekhyun couldn't help but think that this whole situation was ridiculously unfair.

Not only was he going to spend another sleepless night mentally cursing at the giant, no, he was also going to keep seeing his eyes in the back of his head and it was just depressing.

And as the hours passed, his dark circles got worse and his face got more bloated, Bakehyun started to realize something.

Something that might have sounded extremely dumb to a sane and rational person, but that to him sounded smart as .

Something that was probably going to make his situation even worse.

After all, he didn't have to be the only one going through all of this.

Oh no, he totally didn't.

"Just wait and see, Park Chanyeol."