Get the out

The Same Bed

"Yeah no, he's still here. Yeah. The hasn't even finished packing yet- Oh wait. Oh wait, he has. Thank God. What? Jesus Christ Yixing, I'm fine. I am. What kind of dumb question- I'm not swearing. So? I always swear. What did you say? That's bull. I swear all the time, not only when I'm upset. Yixing! I am not upse-"

"Hey, Baek..."

Baekhyun turned around at the speed of light, his phone in one hand and a spoon loaded with ice cream in the other.

"Hold on Yixing, I gotta go. Yeah the dickhead's trying to talk to me apparently. Bye." He hung up as he shoved the spoon in his mouth. "So? Are you still here?"

Chanyeol let out a long sigh, adjusting the backpack on his shoulder and looking at all of the boxes scattered on the floor.

"You know I'm still here. The door's in front of you. You would've seen me if I-"

"Shut up. Are you done? Is everything packed?" Baekhyun sent a quick glance towards one of the boxes, one full of Chanyeol's clothes. He could feel his eyes starting to burn again. "It is. Well. If you're ready... Get the out of here. Now. I have things to do and I don't want to see your dumb face in this house anymore."

The giant looked at the ground, biting his lips as he was searching for the right words to say.

"Listen, Baek, I don't want you to be sad or..."

The smaller scoffed, tears threatening to fall off his eyes. He faced the door, trying to hide his pained expression.

"You don't want me to be sad? No need to ing worry Chanyeol, I'm not sad. I'm not going to cry over such a selfish prick. I don't need your concern, thank you very much. Just get out of here. Get out of here right ing now and don't talk to me ever again."

Picking up a bag, Chanyeol waited for a second, regret starting to form inside of him. He hated seeing Baekhyun like that, clearly heartbroken, but it was all for the better. In the end, he knew the smaller was going to understand why he did what he did. It was just a matter of time.

"Can't we... Like... Still be frie... Nevermind. That was a stupid question. I'm sorry. Well then, I'm... I'm going to go now. Goodbye, Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun kept quiet, silently wishing for the taller to disappear. He didn't want him to see his tears. Hell no. But he was going to break down soon.

Eyes closed and head full of "Please go, please go, please go", Baekhyun didn't even hear the door being opened and then closed.

He didn't even hear Chanyeol whispering a quiet "I'm sorry".

He didn't even see Chanyeol leave.

He didn't even see the pain and longing painted on Chanyeol's face.

He didn't even say goodbye to his ex lover.

"" He said, once he realized that he was finally alone in that house way too big for a single person.

"" He said.

And then, he just started crying.