MIYAVI'S Protégé SKY

S.K.I.N [Visual Kei Rock Band]

SKYLAR LYNN

 

 

 

Sky heard about it for a few times that being the protégé of Miyavi is great that he can meet famous people that his mentor meet. But it is completely the opposite since rather than learning under the mentor itself, he much more learns from other teacher who Miyavi set up for him and extra from the video Miyavi send for him. One it is because his mentor always busy and lives at LA and there his family there too. Two is because of he is not under his company J-Glam and instead he is under Avax Group a record label in which he signed under.

Today is a complete shock for him when he sees the man itself there in the studio he uses for training. With his smile he waves his hand and gets a seat as Sky stopped playing. “Go on” he says and Sky continue to play. He listens to it and nodded slightly while humming a little.

He claps his hand when he stopped playing. A nods comes to him and he smiled “You improved since the last time I see you, when it is…” he try to remember and sky says “Two month ago”

“Ah. Yes!” he says admitting it and then the whole air turned serious. “From today, for a few weeks you will personally learn under me. Not like always in which I decide what you need to learn. From this on, from today, I will teach you” says him and Sky eyes widen quite shocked actually.

“Okay. Stop that shock face. We got plane to catch” says Miyavi clapping his hand to bring Sky back on track.

 

It’s been three days for Sky to learn under Miyavi in his studio and Sky just doesn’t know how things turn up this way. But somehow the training is different like he learns more of guitar and shamisen skill rather than others stuff that he thinks doesn’t need for him to learn.

Miyavi who walked out a while ago enter the studio again with phone in his hand as he just finishes the call. “Okay. We finish today lesson here, we need to go somewhere” he says and he put the guitar down asked “Where?”

“Kingsman” he answered and laugh at it making Sky curious thinking “Is it the movie or somehow the shop?”

The drive is short before the car stopped and Miyavi open the door followed by Sky who later looks at their destination. And then see “Ah. A shop” he says inside but sure it is not the real Kingsman shop. It is a tailor suit shop.

Miyavi headed in and Sky follow along into the shop not know actually why he is there. A worker comes to both of them and asked they in English that Sky definitely need to learn more. It makes him curious as what both of them talk about before their eyes on Sky making him shocked.

“Sky, follow him to takes your measurement” says Miyavi and Sky nodded somehow understand what will happen to him. He follows the guy into the backroom and he began to takes Sky body measurement. A few moment later both of them comes out.

“What is it about?” he asked him and he smiled “We got party to attend” is what he answered. And by that Sky think it might be Christmas party or maybe New Year party since both holiday is incoming.

Another conversation is engaged between Miyavi and the worker and again Sky completely unknown to the talk. He might pick up a few words but still it hard for him since the deep English the worker have. He then leaves before bring a few styles that Miyavi asked Sky which one he like the best.

“Uh… I don’t know” he answers truthfully since he not the one who wears something fancy. And the only suit he got is a plain black one who his father buys for him after he graduated.

In the end Miyavi is the one who ended up choosing the suit for Sky. A dark blue suit that looks classy but still trendy. He himself takes one suit in the color of pearl before both of them headed back. The suit will be ready in two week as told by the worker.

 

Days ended fast for Sky when he learns under Miyavi personally and he can’t believe how much he improved in the time. The guy itself praises him for his surprising improvement and then as both of them have a lunch together at family restaurant, Miyavi start to open a conversation.

“How long is your contract with Avex Group?”

“Five years”

“Are they planning to debut a group?”

“For now I don’t think so. There nothing like group make for debut at all” he answered and Miyavi nodded at it. “But there some group make by the trainee itself for fun and with wish to debut with the lineup” he added later.

“You’re under Avex Group then you must know Raiden, right?”

Sky thinks for a moment before “Ah…” comes from his mouth and he says “Yes. He is in a few of my classes”

“Did you know that he is Gackt’s protégé?” ask Miyavi and Sky nodded “I see him a few times when he comes to fetch him”

“Are you close with him?”

“No” says Sky flat and Miyavi laugh at it.

“Have you ever thought about debuting?”

“Always. I want to play my music to the whole world” sudden sparkle can be seen on his eyes making his mentor smiled.

 

The van moved from airport to somewhere Sky doesn’t know. He also doesn’t know what the occasion for him to go back to Japan with his mentor this time. “Is it the time for him to back?” he asked himself but it doesn’t seem that way at all. And the time of the plane is really off as it is 1 January and they spend the New Year in airplane heading Japan. It is the first time he spend it this way.

He can now see the familiar scene that he used to rather than distance look of LA and of course the hard time of communication for him. He is sure will takes extra attention in English class from now on.

Tired can be seen on his mentor body as he completely fallen asleep when they enter the van. He is later engaging in sleep too but woken up when both of them arrive at a hotel. A key fall into his hand as Miyavi says “Get a sleep a little and then woke up around 5 as we will need to get ready”

“Get ready for what?”

“Party? Aren’t I told you yet?”

“No”

“Ah. Did I? It’s a New Year plus late Christmas party hold by X Japan” says Miyavi as he yawn clearly tired and jetlag.

 

He never thought that he would ever enter a luxurious party ever with all guest from popular figures that he can only wish to see. “Feel free to do what you want until I call you over” says his mentor before he go to somewhere leaving Sky alone there standing doesn’t know what to do.

He looked right and left doesn’t know where to go and later someone in short kimono appears in front of him giving him a glass of orange juice. “AH. Thanks” he says taking it from his/her hand while mind processing is it guy or girl.

“You come with Miyavi isn’t it?” he asked and Sky nodded admitting it. He throws his hand out and introduces himself “Ha…” before stopped. “No. It will spoil it later” he says after that with a laugh.

“Enjoy yourself. Go and talk to other people” the guy says but he sure he doesn’t know who to start since everyone is just overwhelming for him. When he looked back to him, he is gone and he sees the guy walked across the room.

“What should I do?” he asked himself and began to at least leave the hall or he will obstruct other people who enter the place and he sure won’t like that.

 

The orange juice now changed to a glass of champagne he got from the table. Now standing on the corner of the room he is just watching and looked around to see shocking figure and more shocking figure before falls into someone who looks quite young to his eyes. The last one he sees is the girl or guy with kimono. Their eyes catch for a slight moment before the other guy break the eyes contact to look toward the door.

There more people enter the room and he just can’t guest how many people will be coming and to a formal party or this sort. He looks toward the door and now see one younger person entering and he recognize the guy since they got some class together.

“He invited too?” he asked himself while looking both at Gackt and Raiden walked into the center of the group in which his mentor are with two of the host and the member of X Japan. They somehow engage in a simple talk before a few of them go at own direction leaving the two guest there standing.

He sees his mentor approaching him and automatically stands straight. “I got a people who I need you to meet” he says and Sky nodded before follow him a little know who he will be introduced to since he had been watching them all along.

However he sure doesn’t know what thing are up to until he heard the entire introduction.

 

 
 
NAME: Skylar Lynn 
NICKNAME: Sky
BIRTHDAY: 11 December 1995 [21]
PERSONALITY: Observant, Mysterious, Loyal, introvert.
POSITION: Guitar, Shamisen
PERSONA: The Mysterious
FANCLUB: Fukyu [Permenent. Everlasting]