Ch4

Doll house of the Kim.

 

It was a great feeling to be of the first ones in the classroom and have the privilege of choosing my own seat. Even though college doesn’t have a seating arrangement like some teachers in high school would have, people tend to like to make the seat they chose in the first day, their permanent seat. It’s an unspoken rule that you will stay seated for the rest of the semester in that seat, as to not disrupt the flow of the class. It’s all about the comfort zone and making friends the first day that will keep you there without changing. 

 

Seating in the table at the corner of the very front, next to the classroom’s door, I made myself comfortable, looking around thinking of maybe calling someone to seat next to me since I didn’t want to leave a chance for kris to do so. To my displeasure, everyone seem to be busy on their phones so no way in hell I would get their eye contact to start a conversation. 

 

The classroom began to be filled but nobody seem to be wanting to seat at the very front next to the door. They all passed by fast without looking and seating in the first chair that didn’t made them look as try hards. To them I may looked like a teachers pet but who cares. I need to see the board and have a good escape pathway in case of emergency. 

 

A couple of minutes before the class began Kris entered. He sat down in the seat next to me and I cursed internally. 

 

He lean closer to me and whispered with a sing song voice, “hello new class partner, nice meeting you~”.

 

“ off.” 

 

Kris chuckled and we didn’t said anything until it was time to discuss something from the first chapter and the teacher thought it would help us see the results of other people. It was easy to forget kris was in the group of people who treated Chanyeol poorly, since he was smart and was focus in his school work, well at least he was in this class we got together. 

 

Time went by fast and it was time to leave, Kris offered to go get coffee and go over the problems the teacher had given us to answer for next week but we wanted to get them done as soon as possible. As we were walking toward the exit of the building, Kris stopped, his eyes flashed panic for milliseconds and went back to his confident self, “I’m sorry Junmyeon, I just remember I have another appointment I need to go to. Let’s leave this for tomorrow?” 

 

“Nah it’s fine, I can do the work myself. I was just going to help you out since it looked you had some trouble” 

 

“Ha I thought I was the one helping you but alright see you”, Kris wasn’t even finished talking when his body was already going toward the corner to the other hallway that lead to another exit. I was a little dumbfounded by his sudden leave for a couple of seconds until someone called me out. 

 

“Hey Junmyeon”, it was Lay a few meters away from me, “Jongdae told me to pick you up and if necessary drag you to his car, something about you having this driving lesson with your dad and probably you wanting to run away”. He smile sweetly while getting my backpack from my shoulders and putting it on his back. I fought a blush since I was kind of embarrassed Lay always treated me like some animal in always need of help, but I guess his job made him like that. 

 

“You know I can carry my own backpack, right?”

 

“I do but you must be tired so this weight is nothing for me. Your muscles can’t be sore, Jongdae hates it when you’re in pain”, he says in a lightly teasing tone. I just shake my head, “you’re horrible Lay, having my misery as your amusement”. 

 

“Sorry, sorry, I couldn’t help myself”, Lay then stopped and looked me in the eye, “ I do want to ask you, who was that guy you were talking with? He seems familiar but I can’t pinpoint from where, you should stay away from him just in case.”

 

My mind immediately began to form ways to annoy Lay, I wanted to see his chilled, calm dementor change for even a moment. “I bet you don’t even know him but you’re judging him. I will advice you to stay away from us since I got a feeling he may be my future boyfriend. Isn’t he hot?” 

 

Lay didn’t answered, he just continue walking, leaving no option but for me to follow him a step behind. The reaction of Lay wasn’t something I was expecting and I didn’t know how to react when I knew that for some reason he was upset with me.

 

As we reached the parking lot, Jongdae, Luhan and Shownu were already there. 

 

Jongdae saw me and waved, “hey bro, ready to go? Father said to bring you personally there, I think he is afraid you may ditch him after he took time out of work just for this”.

 

“Ah but I feel bad for Xiumin, when my dad takes time off, he leaves all the work for Xiumin.” 

 

“It should be fine, Xiumin can manage”, he dismisses. 

 

Jongdae starts saying his farewells to his friends when Lay says, “mmm Jongdae, I saw Junmyeon with this tall guy when I went to pick him up right now. He seems familiar but I’m not sure. The guy obviously seem to be flirting but looks like a good for nothing .”

 

My stomach immediately did a drop and my hands began to sweat. My older brother’s face change to a frown and his mood was murderous. “WHAT! Who is that guy? Show him to me Lay.” 

 

Lay did a dry laugh, “can’t. The guy just saw me coming from a far and he ran away. Plus Junmyeon here, said to leave them alone since that guy was his future boyfriend.”

 

I could feel the bad intentions of Lay, he so wanted me dead. Jongdae approached me and hold my shoulders with both of his hands, “you are not talking anymore with that guy, that’s final. I’m going to investigate who is him and warn him.”

 

I saw red, “you will not order me what to do. You will not touch him. That’s final.” I walked toward the car, opened the door, got inside and close it the hardest I could. Jongdae opened the driver’s door and with a red face said “you will do as I say Junmyeon.”

 

“I won’t. You don’t let me leave my life!”

 

Seating down, “well, if you knew how to protect yourself and had some common sense, we wouldn’t treat you like this. So until you do, get use to it.”

 

Lay got in the back of the car with a smirk and had a face that screamed he had won. ing snitch, he will pay for it. 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

As we approached the house, the silhouett of a woman came into view. A sign of dread came to me immediately and as we got closer, I could see it was mother. She was dressed up as expensive as always, with her red lipstick making her skin look whiter. She had her bun made high with short bangs on her forehead, and sparkly earrings. She looked like a total classy woman but I knew better than that, she could be a psycho and now... I had to take driving classes from her. Damn you father!

 

Jongdae parked his truck on the right side of the house. Holding his hand, I shake my head to show him I didn’t want to be alone with her in the same car. But my older brother just palmed my back and went to greet her with the biggest of the smiles. Walking slowly next to Lay, I reached my mother. She was talking pleasantly with my brother but as soon as I was on her sight, her face transformed into one of annoyance. 

 

“Well, finally someone arrives. You think I don’t have more important things to do but be with you?” She says while taking out the car keys. 

 

“I didn’t ask you to teach me, so not my fault”.

 

“Just get in the car. I think you’re a hopeless case since you’re not as smart as your older brothers but your father wants you to learn too”. 

 

“I’m smart. You just don’t know with being in parties and drinking alcohol all the time”. 

 

My mother then made the movement as if she was going to slap me and I instinctively flinch. She smirk and walked pass me to the passenger seat. Putting her sunglasses, she snap her fingers from the window and I just sighed. Please for the heavens beings to give me patience in this hours. 

 

I got in the car and slowly put my seatbelt on, watching my mother do the same. I turn the car on and the old music blast loudly while my mother starts to mouth the song she has probably listen to for the pass decades. Going in the streets, I go right by the limit sign, people are speeding up and leaving me behind. It’s kind of pressuring going in the expressway and everyone is going more than the speed limit since they want to get to their destination faster. I’m in no hurry so I go in the slow line from the corner but after I get behind a trailer, it’s way too slow for my liking by I still hold on there since I’m afraid to move to the other line. The problem is that mother got annoyed too and order me to move to the other line, she says “you can move now” which usually means she has check nobody is on my blind spot, I moved slowly to the other line but then panic as I see there is a car so I go back to my slow line quickly. My mother shrieked and started scolding me, “are you ing blind? I have told you million times to check your blind spot but you still can’t even do that, useless piece of trash!” 

 

“I thought you had cleared my blind spot since you said I could move. You always see the blind spot for me.” 

 

“Oh so now you’re throwing the fault to me! You’re the one driving, I’m not going to be there all the time but you dare to say that’s my fault.” 

 

“Okay it’s my fault sorry”.  I just want the discussion to stop cause then she will go on and on until making a big mess and mixing all my siblings. A real troublemaker right there. 

 

We silently drive for another hour until she says she is bored and to go back to the house. As I get out, she comes and takes the driving seat and informs me she will not be back tonight. I don’t understand if she meant to tell me to inform father she wasn’t coming back until tomorrow or if she just said that as a conversation cutter. Not wanting to think too much about it, I write a note in the kitchen and put it on the fridge’s door, everyone will surely see it. 

 

When I lay on my bed, a text message from Kris arrives ‘hey, you were right, I don’t get this homework at all. Mind to help me out, pretty please?’

 

I snort, ha! This cancel our plans out of nowhere and now he wants them back when he feels like it? Hell no. It’s on my terms if we go to do the work now since I am already doing it. I send the reply ‘too bad you lost your chance in having my genius self teach you, maybe next time sweetheart.” Smiling to myself, I continue doing the homework kris wanted my help. 

 

Someone knocks on my door and I tell them to come in, Lay is at my door and I frown. 

 

“What the do you want?”

 

Lay scratches the back of his head and gives a step towards me. “Junmyeon, don’t tell me you are mad?”

 

“Get to the point, what do you want?”

 

“I just wanted to talk to you”

 

I make a sign for him to continue talking. He walks until he is right next to my bed.

 

“Well, I just wanted to asked who that person was. It’s just that I have a feeling I have seen him before and not in a good way....”

 

I cut him off, “ugh if you just came to try get information out of me for Jongdae, get the hell out ”. 

 

“No Junmyeon, I’m just doing this for you. Try to understand me, I’m just making sure nobody hurts you and-d”

 

“Get out. I don’t want to hear anything anymore.”

 

“But listen to me Junmyeon...”

 

“I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT!”

 

Lay seats down on my bed and gets a hold of my hand but I try to get it free. 

 

“LET ME GO LAY!”

 

“Hey man, Junmyeon hyung is telling you to let him go, so you do as he says if you don’t want to get fired and a beating”, Kai appears in my room and walks fast to Lay’s side, getting a hold of his shirt he pulls him to the door. Lay frees himself and tells him, “I’m trying to talk to your brother, don’t meddle kid”. 

 

Kai push him outside harshly and slams my door on his face. My little brother then seats down next to me and looks at me while my head to continue doing my homework and I do just that, cause Kai makes me feel secure. He stays even when I have finished my homework, even when I take a shower, even when I get to bed to sleep, even as I close my eyes, he is still there guarding me and I smile. I’m not alone, Kai will never leave me no matter what I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there! Chapter ended just right above. This is the writer talking nonsense. ^^ I had finished another version of this chapter months ago but since I was so so emotional at that time, the end result was no good in my eyes buuuuuu. So I wrote this chapter totally different from the other one (you go Girl!). And I completely forgot to post it until a notification from a sweet commenter showed in my phone lmao sorry life got me going crazy! So yeah, I miss EXO! I need a comeback with Lay included TT.TT