Saida Falling

Falling

Sana was confused. First of all, she had accidentally confessed (yes, this time she actually did that) her love to Dahyun. Dahyun, being as dense as she is, probably didn't understand what Sana really meant with that. Knowing her, she would have flipped (in a good way or a bad way, Sana didn't know) had she understood what Sana truly meant. Second, Dahyun replied "I love you too" back to Sana. That in itself raised so many questions. The main question being: Did she really mean that? Third, Sana just couldn't figure out whether Step 1 of Operation "Get Kim Dahyun to fall in love with me" was successful or not. Who knew...

And so, the both of them were confused about the same thing: how Dahyun felt towards Sana.

~~~

It was a typical day for TWICE. A typical photoshoot day that is!

Sana sat on the couch in the lounge, patiently waiting for her turn in front of the camera.

"So I hear you mended Saida," Momo said as she approached Sana.

"Yeahhh," Sana replied, holding out the sound of the vowel to express her annoyance.

"You don't seem to happy about that."

Sana shook her head, "I wanted to do more than just mend Saida."

"Ah," Momo sat down beside her, "You mean that you wanted to make Dahyun fall in love with you?"

"How did you know that?"

Momo shrugged, "What else would you want?"

Sana sighed, tilting her head over the armrest of the couch, "I'm so flirty, it seems like I could easily just make people fall in love with me. Why does that seem so hard with Dahyun?"

"I heard my name?"

Sana and Momo jumped at the sound of a third person in their conversation. They turned and at the door stood Dahyun. Sana, immediately embarrassed, exclaimed, "Don't you know how to knock?!"

Dahyun raised her hands up in defense, "Whoa, yeah. At this point, I think all of TWICE knows how to knock."

Then Dahyun, being the clown that she was, started dancing to the chorus of "KNOCK KNOCK". Sana frowned at her while Momo laughed hysterically.

"Anyway," Dahyun said, stopping herself in the middle of the choreography, "so yeah, I heard my name." She approached the two and seated herself beside Momo.

"Sana was just talking about how glad she was that you guys mended Saida," Momo said.

"Ah, I'm glad too!" Dahyun exclaimed, smiling.

Both Sana and Momo blushed at Dahyun's bright smile. Even Momo, who was not the one in love with Dahyun, would admit that Dahyun's smile was the cutest.

"Yeah, to be honest, I'm sure all the other members are glad too. You guys were so different when you were apart. Like you guys were sadder," Momo said.

Dahyun nodded, "And I was."

"Poor Dahyun," Momo wrapped her arms around Dahyun and held her close, "Sana was such a mean unnie for avoiding you for so damn long."

Momo watched as Sana's face scrunched up into a jealous expression. But she didn't retort. She knew she was in the wrong for avoiding Dahyun for so long. For so long, she left Dahyun to wonder what she did to cause Sana to avoid her. And that was wrong of her to do.

"That's okay," Dahyun replied, "Whatever reason she had, I will respect it."

Momo and Sana looked at each other, surprised at Dahyun's mature response. Before either of them could say anything further, the manager came into the room.

"Momo, you're up," he said.

Momo groaned, "Ehhh?! But I just got here!"

The manager frowned, "Now or never, Momo."

Momo stood and dragged her feet to the door. Before she closed the door behind her, she turned back and said, "Both of you be genuine with your feelings." And then she was gone.

Dahyun, the ever dense girl that she is, didn't understand what Momo meant; but Sana, she understood.

The problem with Operation "Get Kim Dahyun to fall in love with me" was her very approach. Sana assumed that bringing flirtatious Sana out would be the trick to a successful operation. But she had been doing that for about two years now. Momo was only saying that she should show her feelings in a way that felt genuine. Flirting may be fake at times, but loving should always be real.

Sana looked at Dahyun, who was sitting at the opposite end of the couch, eyes still fixated on the door that Momo just left through.

"You okay there, Dahyun?" Sana asked.

Dahyun turned and responded, "Yeah. I just wasn't sure what Momo meant when she said that."

Sana shrugged, "Momo's weird. Who knows what she means to say half of the time?"

Dahyun laughed and nodded, agreeing with Sana's statement.

"Why are you so distant from me?" Sana pointed to the space between them, "Come scoot over here next to your unnie."

Dahyun did as she was told. As soon as the space between them was closed, Sana reached out and wrapped her arms around Dahyun's neck. She placed her forehead against Dahyun's, and stared into her eyes. Dahyun stared back. Her cheeks wanted to blush madly, but she forced them back so that only a light tint was visible on her cheekbones.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it, Dahyun-chan?" Sana said in Japanese.

Dahyun remembered the V-Live in which Sana said that. "Are you saying that you like me?" she said, following the script.

Sana didn't respond, and continued to stare into Dahyun's eyes. Dahyun could only stare back. She couldn't guess what was going on inside Sana's mind. She knew for certain, though, that this was unlike the times when Sana would flirt with her. It felt more real. What about it felt real? The look in Sana's eyes. She stared into Dahyun's eyes with dilated pupils, displaying a soft gaze.

"Repeat it after me," Sana whispered, "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

"The moon," Dahyun paused, before continuing, "is beautiful, isn't it?"

Sana smiled, "Do you mean that?"

Her eyes, although still gentle, now seemed to be wanting something from Dahyun. Something more than just the right response to the question. But first, what even was the right response to that question?

"I mean it if you mean it," Dahyun replied.

"Of course I mean it," Sana said without hesitation, "I mean it with all my heart, Dahyunnie."

"Then I mean it, too."

And in that moment, the door to the lounge swung open, revealing the manager.

"Dahyun, get ready. You'll be up soon," he said.

"Ah, okay," Dahyun replied as she tore herself from Sana's embrace to stand.

The manager nodded and left, closing the door behind him. Dahyun was about to leave when Sana grabbed her wrist.

"Dahyun-ah."

Dahyun turned to see Sana looking up at her with puppy eyes. "Don't go just yet," she begged.

"But I gotta," Dahyun responded, showing a shy smile.

"Do you know what I said to you and what you said back?" Sana asked.

Dahyun shrugged, "I couldn't guess."

"Let me tell you," Sana said, using her free hand to urge Dahyun to bring her face closer to hers. So Dahyun leaned forward over the couch to allow Sana to easily whisper the translation into her ear. Sana leaned forward, stopping right beside Dahyun's ear.

"I'll show you what it means," Sana whispered.

Dahyun was confused. "Wait, how are–"

Her sentence was cut short when Sana maneuvered her head in front of Dahyun's and swiftly locked their lips together. Suddenly, all that Dahyun had on her mind vanished; the gears in her head stopped turning. All that she knew was that Sana had placed her lips on Dahyun's.

Sana let her lips rest motionlessly on Dahyun's lips for a bit before she moved her lips against hers. She leaned forward, raising her right hand and brushing it through Dahyun's hair and over the nape of her neck. The kiss was rough yet soft at the same time. Sana would forcefully press her lips onto Dahyun's, but her movements were soft and slow. Dahyun, overwhelmed by the situation, could do nothing. So she stayed there, leaning over the couch, motionless, while Sana did all the work.

Sana pulled away for a moment, keeping their faces close. Between them was a scatter of hot breaths. But neither of them would break away from the close proximity. So Sana went for round two. She placed her thumb on the front of Dahyun's chin, and opened a little. Then the distance between them was closed again. Sana was more forceful this time. She slipped her tongue into the gap between Dahyun's lips. The intensity of the second kiss compelled Dahyun to respond. She brought her hands up to hold Sana's head, her fingers slipping through strands of hair. Then she pushed forward with her version of a kiss. Dahyun pushed her so that Sana was leaning back on the couch with her head rested against the top of the couch. And with that, Dahyun was on top, leading the kiss. She kept her tongue to herself, and instead was forceful with how she would trap Sana's upper lip between both of hers.

Once Dahyun's mind had grasped the entirety of the situation, she pulled away, taking a few steps back from the couch and creating distance between them. She blushed madly. What the just happened?

They kissed each other. Sana kissed her. She kissed Sana.

Sana had kissed her. Obviously, it was unlike all the other times that Sana had shown affection to Dahyun. What made it different was the feeling behind the kiss. Dahyun felt the passion on her lips, tongue, and hands. As opposed to Sana's hugs and kisses on cheeks, this felt genuine. She meant it, and Dahyun could feel that.

"I love you," Sana said, "That's what it means."

The person Sana loved was Dahyun.

"Do you love me, Dahyun?" Sana asked.

Oh God, did Dahyun love her back.

Dahyun watched as Sana's lips and eyes formed a shy smile. And her heart leaped as it did whenever Sana smiled. Finally, with that, Dahyun found clarity in her blurry world of Sana.

Dahyun was falling in love this whole time.

Not only was Dahyun oblivious to Sana's feelings for her, but she was also oblivious to her own feelings for Sana. That abyss that Dahyun was falling in was love. And she had been falling since the day she met Sana.

Dahyun didn't respond, and stared blankly at Sana. The blush faded from her face. Sana couldn't even begin to guess what Dahyun was thinking about.

Then, Dahyun opened and started, "I–"

Suddenly, the door swung open, causing the two girls to direct their attention in that direction. It was their manager again.

"Dahyun, you're up now," he instructed.

"Ah," Dahyun nodded and turned to walk out of the lounge. Before she walked through the door frame, the manager, who stood holding the door open for her, stopped her by putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Whoa, what the hell happened to your lipstick? Go fix it real quick," he instructed.

Dahyun immediately covered her lips with her hands and sprinted out the lounge and towards the make-up room.

 

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Finally! A kiss! And damn, is Sana just not so smooth?

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone who subscribed! Thank you to all of you, you make me feel loved. And a special thanks to the few of you that comment. I love hearing your thoughts. And a very special thanks to you who upvoted!