The Joohyun(s)

Secret Girlfriend & Her 3 Unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun.

She really liked her real name. 

Not till she moved to Seoul from Daegu and attended the prestige SM High University   everyone's dream school. 

Why? 

Because theres two completely different Joohyun(s). 

If being schoolmates wasn't enough, they also lived in the same neighbourhood with their house just opposite each other.

 

Seo Joohyun.

The pretty, prim and talented school president. Her elegance and gentle but confident aura, makes many hearts flutters. She was well-liked by many with her humble and pure personality. Along with other few seniors, Seo Joohyun is one of the popular one in the school. Not to mention how she's rank one in the 91's cohort.

Everything about her just screams perfection.

 

Then there's her.

 

Bae Joohyun.

The nerdy, timid and anti-social nobody. With only an idiot named Kim Yongsun as her bestfriend, she practically have no one to talk to in this oh-so-perfect school. Always hiding behind her unfashionable thick round glasses and nose tucked in a book, no one really knows her existence.

Unless, they mix her up with the perfect Joohyun.

 

"Joohyun! You're ranked first! Oh gosh! Mommy is so proud of you!"

"What? Yongsun. I'm not first." 

"Wait, you're not a Seo?"

"...Are you really my bestfriend, Kim?"

 

She didn't have anything against the popular Joohyun though wouldn't deny the small jealousy she had towards the girl. They met a few times because of some incidents about mixing up their names. Whenever she's with the perfect Joohyun, she would feel small and intimidated.  

Finally, after two years of torture, she decided that it is enough. She wants to have a peaceful time to prepare her final year. 

Trying to think of a way to not be afflicted to the perfect Joohyun, she decided to change her name.

 

"Hey, help me think of a name. I don't wanna be called Joohyun anymore." 

"Why?"

"You know why. Another rejected student came throwing rocks at my window thinking that I'm Seo Joohyun last night."

" to be you."

"Tell me something new." 

"How about Hyunjoo?"

"Hyunjoo?"

"The opposite of perfect Joohyun."

"...Are you really my bestfriend, Kim?"

 

Anyway, she came up with her own name. 

Irene.

Goddness of peace.

Yeah, she surely likes this name better. 

 

-

 

"JOOHYUN!" 

 

Glaring at her bubbly loud bestfriend, Jooh   Irene pointed her pen at Yongsun who was running into the empty classroom excitingly, interrupting her quiet time. 

 

Yongsun hold both of her hands up and smiled apologetically, "oops, sorry Irene." '

 

With a grunt, Irene focus her attention back to her book lying on the desk, "What do you want?" 

 

"This adorable cute girl that I've never seen before is outside asking for you!" Yongsun squeals, bobbing her head towards the window. 

 

Irene frowned and looked towards the window but didn't see anyone. She scowled at her bestfriend who was looking at the window with love-struck eyes, "Stop fooling around and leave me alone. I need to complete this, before lesson starts. She probably mistaken me for Seo ." 

"She's really there! And no, she had specifically asked for you, Bae."

"I don't see anyone."

Yongsun rolled eyes, "Not like anyone can see you too if you stand behind the windows."

"Are you calling me short?"

"Not a new piece of information, Bae." 

 

Before Irene could rebut, she finds herself being pulled up by Yongsun and pushed into the empty hallway. 

 

"Yongsun!" 

The door was slammed against her face upon her outburst. 

 

"J-Joohyun unnie???"

 

So Yongsun wasn't lying that there's this adorable cute girl is outside. 

 

Poop light-brown hair

Sharp entralling feline eyes

Pink protruding ears.

Cute botton nose

Quivering rosy attractive lips

A highschool uniform

 

Irene felt herself gawking at the bashful girl infront of her, her heart thumping at a rate she was unfamilar with. 

 

"H...Here.." 

 

Halting her oggling at the highschool student, Irene's eyes darted to the small pink envelop inbetween the younger's thumb and pointer. She almost wanted to cooe and melt at the bubbly cute handwriting of her name. 

 

To: Joohyun unnie 

 

But disappointment quickly sinks in when deja-vu occured. 

 

Ignoring the little electric jolt she felt, Irene pushed the envelop back to the younger girl. But almost regretted doing that when she saw the hurt and dismay running in the charming orbs.

 

 "I..I'm not Seo Joohyun."

 

Irene nibbled on her lower lips, to stop herself from grinning at the confused stare she got. 

 

"I know...?"

 

Now it was Irene's turn to shoot the latter a confused look.

 

"You know?"

 

"You're Bae Joohyun unnie." 

 

A quote from the book that she was reading earlier on flashes through her mind at the million-watt smile in front of her. 

 

"I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third ot fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking towards me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you." 

     Cassandrea Clare, Clockwork Price.

 

am I in love?

 

 

Dear Bae Joohyun unnie,

 

It know you may not know me and hopefully, this letter won't come off as creepy and scare you away...

I always see you reading a book when I go to school in the morning. 

You look really pretty in those glasses and adorable when you would get too engrossed in the book that you would frown and smile to the paper.

I know it's rude to stare...

But I hope you're not creeped out by me... I've always wanted to approach you, but I didn't have the courage to. 

I have to lie to my unnies so that I can come and give you my letter...

After all the efforts, I hope you can see how sincere I am... 

 

I really like you, Joohyun unnie.

Can you go out with me? 

I'm not sure what time your classes ends, but I'll wait.

I'll wait for you at the bus stop across the Red Velvet Cafe near your school.

 

Kang Seulgi

 

 

"HOLY COW BAE JOOHYUN DID YOU JUST GOT A CONFESSION LETTER FROM THAT CUTIE?!" Yongsun exclaims after she finished reading the letter secretly over Irene's shoulder. 

 

Irene flinched at the high-pitched voice as the pink letter in her hand got snatched away by her nosy bestfriend. The brunette couldn't react promptly, still appalled at the first confession letter she had received. She hoped she was actually alone somewhere so that she can scream her lungs out in delight from the most adorable letter from the most adorable human being on earth. 

 

"Give it back to me! Don't you dare crumble it!" 

Yongsun snickered at the latter's hiss and smirked, "Seems like someone is shy." 

 

"Shut up and give it back to me." Irene demands, holding out her hand while glaring at Yongsun who was eyeing her suspiciously then gives it back to her. 

 

"Are you going to meet her?" 

 

It was the first time Yongsun had seen her bestfriend grinning so shyly yet so brightly. 

 

"Hell yes." 

 

-

 

There were lots of murmuring floating around as she stands at the side of the busy foyer. Seulgi could only keep her gaze at the ground, shying away from those hundred pairs of curious eyes and lips.

The murmurings then turned into gasps of shock when she felt herself being pulled into a tight hug.

 

"KANG SEULGI! WHERE DID YOU GO?! DIDN'T I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUN OFF ANYWHERE? WHAT IF SOMEONE KIPNAPS YOU?" 

 

Seulgi groaned at how loud her oldest's sister voice were that boom right into her ears. She wiggled out of the tight embrace and grimance, holding her ears while pouting, "You're so loud, unnie... My ear hurts."

The high-schooler then feel a pair of cold hands touching her ear, "Sorry baby... I was just worried about you. You disappeared in the middle of our lunch!"

"I THOUGHT SOMEONE KIDNAPPED YOU FOR BEING TOO CUTE JUST BY SITTING THER   "

 

"   Chill, Fany unnie. Our maknae is here now."

 

But thankfully, there's her favourite unnie to calm the raging Tiffany. 

Seulgi sends Yoona a thankful smile while the latter giggled and hang her arms around her shoulder, "But baby, you should also tell us where you are going. We let you come because you said you wanted to see how our school is like." 

 

Lies.

Seulgi isn't one to lie.

In fact, she hates liars. 

 

But she had to resort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter