Chapter Three

Heart of Chocolate

The utterly perplex look on YunHo's face coloured JaeJoong's cheeks once more in red. Would YunHo believe him? What would he do if not? Would he throw him out of his apartment? JaeJoong was a bit scared now that he had spoken out the words –the truth. He thought of YooChun. He knew his friend, and thought he was probably trying to find him, after all they had been friends since forever. They trusted each other with their life. But would he be able to find JaeJoong? And what if not and if YunHo didn't believe him and...

Quite the opposite of thoughts was running through the other male's head, because: Was JaeJoong for real? He was speechless. YunHo tried to comprehend if his guest was telling him what he believed to be the truth or simply just wanted to make a fool of him. Maybe he was mental or just... had a wild... imagination? The awkward silence stretched throughout the room until the taller male suddenly stood up with an abrupt urge to tune out the stillness, his chair falling over behind him. “I'm going to make more tea.”

Surprised the angel stood up as well -only with more smoothness, and evening out his clothes whilst at it- and followed him out of the living room into the kitchen. “Please, YunHo. I'm- I'm telling the truth. I'm not crazy or anything. If you would just-,” he was silenced by the hand an angry YunHo held up.

“I don't see why you are doing this. You seemed like a nice and honest person to me, but obviously I was wrong all the time. I don't know how you can tell a story like this to a stranger. Did you wake up in the morning thinking 'Hey, today I'm gonna make a fool out of somebody.'?”

JaeJoong fidgeted with his fingers, his gaze strictly being directed to the floor. A sad expression was marring his face, “I'm sorry, but that's not it at all. I thought you might believe me, if I told you the truth.” YunHo turned around standing now face to face with JaeJoong. “So, what you say is, I should just believe what you just told me? And, have you got any evidence? I don't know -wings, a halo, or can you fly?” he remarked biting, walking back into the living room. He sat down on the couch, still brooding over their discussion.

JaeJoong followed at once, when he came into the room, his host sprung up from his seat again, pacing around furious. He stomped towards the angel, fidgeting with his hands over JaeJoong's head – “There's no halo,” he muttered absent. - Then he made to grab JaeJoong's wings, but grabbed into thin air – nevertheless extracting a loud yelp from the former. “That hurt, what did you do that for?” JaeJoong demanded to know but YunHo just furrowed his eyebrows. “What? I haven't even touched you. How could that hurt you?” - “You don't get it, do you? Just because you can't see my wings, doesn't mean they are not there. And they are sore and hurting, so don't touch them. And what is it with humans and halos? I am not dead, so why should I wear one?” JaeJoong was positively pouting, stabbing his forefinger into YunHo's chest with every word, who had a perplex expression on his face from the outburst of the smaller male. His answer was swallowed by the sound of the door bell ringing throughout the apartment. YunHo was kind of relieved about that actually. Hurriedly he veered towards the front door wondering who wanted to visit him right now. Did he forget about something?

JaeJoong heard the door being opened and closed. A high squeal sounded in the corridor and a loud Unf might have indicated YunHo suffering from a BEAR hug. Shoes and jackets were put away – whilst YunHo asked questions like What are you doing here? and Were we supposed to meet up today? answered by a very funny laugh and another deep voice. Five minutes later his host and the newly arrived still hadn't entered the living room, their voices still being carried to him from the entrance hall. Not wanting to stand there doing nothing any longer he went to the kitchen to set the table for two more persons, returning to the room to make some more tea, like YunHo had intended to do before their argument.

Three people entered the living room, one of them was YunHo, then a slightly shorter cute blond male, followed by a tall, muscular hunk. When a fourth person entered the room through the kitchen entrance carrying a tray of freshly brewed tea, the blond's eyes went wide with awe and a soft squeal escaped his lips. He followed JaeJoong's every move with his eyes not being able to comprehend what his eyes were showing him. “You-you've got... wings?” he suddenly said, pointing right into the direction of JaeJoong's feathery limbs. YunHo's mind went blank and he gazed surprised at the other one -JaeJoong had decided must be his brother he had seen on the photograph. “JunSu? What did you just say?” The angel was shocked, to say the least. “You can see my wings, b-but...you're a human!” he exclaimed exited, “How is that possible?” JunSu shrugged, the other on both sides of him still silenced, “Maybe it's because I've believed in angels and magic for as long as I can remember?” JaeJoong accepted JunSu's answer to be a possible truth to his question why the blond could see his wings. So that meant... if he just got YunHo to believe him, he would be able to see them as well! Oh,... but that was easier said than done.

“Well, let's just.. sit down first... yes, that's what we should do,” they were ushered to the couch by the tall guy who had just observed the situation so far without uttering anything. He took the tray out off JaeJoong's hands before it could tip over, saying “I'm ChangMin, by the way” whilst placing the tray on the coffee table as well as getting the cups from the dining table.

With JunSu's help it was a lot easier for JaeJoong to at least calm YunHo down in the end and accept the fact that JaeJoong along with his brother really did believe in angels, even if he wasn't quite convinced of it himself. ChangMin on the other hand just sat in silence once more listening to the conversation and making decisions he would still keep to himself for now. Nevertheless, JaeJoong told the three of them all about his downfall from heaven to earth, and how he couldn't even think of a reason as to why he was still alive, but glad about it, of course. JunSu listened fascinated with the angel and promised him that they would bring YunHo (and ChangMin) to have faith in him. Long after the setting sun vanished behind the horizon calling again for night to arrive in their endless cycle JunSu and ChangMin -who was really JunSu's flatmate, how JaeJoong found out that day- got up and made to leave YunHo's apartment to head for their own.

“Here, you can have one of my Pyjamas,” YunHo said and reached his hand out to the angel, “I'm going to prepare the couch for you. After all it seems like you can't go anywhere tonight for you fell from a cloud,” his speech lazed with a hidden irony. JaeJoong went to the bathroom to prepare for the night as far as possible, washing his face and dressing in YunHo's sleepwear – no teeth brushing though, bleh. When he came out off the bathroom, everything already had been prepared, so he just dived under the covers of his doss for the night. He hadn't noticed how sleepy he already had been until his head hit the pillow and he was cold out, just barely hearing the other inhabitant turning off the lights and returning to his own bedroom.

*

Rays of sunlight were falling through the windows, illuminating the apartment that held a heavenly creature and the apartment's owner warm. The beams were reaching the wooden floor, the sofa-sleeper stretched out and forming a bed where a fluffy white duvet and pillow were hiding the celestial guest.

The duvet moved, a cough resounding through the living room when the figure shifted on the bed. Auburn hair was peaking from under the white cover, several strands dishevelled and falling into the angel's forehead. JaeJoong yawned when he awoke out of his slumber on the bed whose fluffiness was nothing compared to the one of his cloud bed at home. His eyes were tiny when he opened them, peeking over the duvet covering his figure when he looked around the living room. He tried to sit up but gave up with a groan and sank back down. His every muscle was aching, every move a torture to his exhausted body. The piercing pain in his right foot didn't make it easier either. But that wasn't all. His head was throbbing, his breath shallow as he had difficulties to breathe properly and he felt unbearably hot. The shirt he had gotten from YunHo the night before was clinging to his clammy body like a second layer of skin.

JaeJoong had definitely caught a cold, and a bad one at that as well. But what else was to be expected when running around in the coldness of winter with nothing but a thin layer of clothes covering your form?

The flushing of the toilet echoed through the apartment and was followed by the rushing of water when someone washed their hands. The creak of the bathroom's door when YunHo stepped out was torturing JaeJoong's head. It felt as if it was about to explode.

“Good morning,” YunHo chimed when he walked into the living room already dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a dark-green pullover. JaeJoong tried to reply, but his voice cracked even before the first tone could leave his lips. He groaned.

YunHo's eyebrows were raised in surprise, a smirk scurrying over his lips when he mocked JaeJoong, “I never knew that angels could catch a cold.” He chuckled. JaeJoong however was not amused. With a groan he sat up, his eyes closed for a few seconds until his body got adjusted to the new position and with a disgruntled gaze he looked at YunHo and replied, “Of course, make fun of a sick person barely able to move.” His voice was raspy, every word straining his vocal cords and a dry cough followed that caused JaeJoong to clench his hand to his chest as his body was shaken by more dry coughs.

YunHo eyed the angel with worry when the latter regained his breath slowly and tried to stand up minutes later. He walked up to JaeJoong when he pushed himself up from the sofa-sleeper, but JaeJoong rejected his help. Deep down he might still be angry at him. “We're not that different from you, so stop treating me like an alien,” JaeJoong rasped, eyeing YunHo wearily when he shifted his weight more to the left to spare his twisted ankle from too much pressure. He tried to hobble past YunHo to get to the bathroom but the living room around him started to spin. Was it just an imagination or were there really two YunHos standing next to him?

“Woah, woah, careful,” YunHo voiced out when JaeJoong almost collapsed onto the ground, wounding his arms around the auburn haired just in time to catch him. JaeJoong's breathing was fast and shallow, sweat drops running down his temple when he lay in YunHo's arms and faced him with lidded eyes. He whimpered, sniffed and coughed. The damp strands of hair on his clammy forehead were lifted gently, a comfortable coldness taking over his heated and flushed skin.

“You have a fever. A rather high one,” YunHo mumbled when he touched JaeJoong's forehead with his hand. “You need a doctor,” he voiced out and wanted to reach for his mobile phone in the back of his pockets but JaeJoong's in panic widened eyes stopped him.

“No! No doctor, please,” JaeJoong pleaded, clinging onto YunHo desperately before his strength left him in the split of a second afterwards. He collapsed like a house of cards in YunHo's arms, falling into a delirium and mumbled “No doctor” again and again.

YunHo shifted JaeJoong's weight so that he could gather the smaller male into his arms properly before he lifted him up and carried him into his bedroom. Light was streaming through his windows and falling onto his bed, the fluffy duvet pulled back as if YunHo had just gotten out off bed. He carefully placed the unconscious JaeJoong onto his mattress, the head resting on his pillow when he pulled back his arms. JaeJoong's legs were falling to the side while YunHo was grabbing his blanket and covered the sleeping one with it. He strode over to his windows and slid the curtains shut, locking the sun out before he quietly exited the bedroom again, leaving the door a crevice open though to notice if something was wrong with his 'patient'. He walked into his kitchen, fetching a pot and wooden spoon which he would need to cook a soup for JaeJoong, when he would wake up later, hopefully feeling better.

While the soup was simmering away to itself on the stove, YunHo was inside of his bathroom and fetched a few packages and bottles of medicine from his medicine chest. He retrieved several pain killers and a cough mixture and stuffed them as good as possible into his pockets before he got hold of a large bowl filled with lukewarm water and a flannel. He carefully made his way over to his bedroom and pushed the door open with his foot.

The bowl found its way on his night stand as well as the several medicaments. He sat down next to JaeJoong's sleeping figure and retrieved the flannel out of the bowl, wringing it until it was damp but not dripping and put it onto JaeJoong's forehead.

The events of the former day came over him when he looked into JaeJoong's face. When JaeJoong had bumped into him, the odd happenings in the hospital and this... angel-thing. But his thoughts were running in circles about the incident in the hospital. He wondered why JaeJoong had been so panicked back then when he had heard the doctor's diagnosis about his heart. What was wrong with it? He really needed to ask the latter once he felt better.