Epilogue

That Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unfolding the mat, placing the food basket down, cool breeze blew her face and sent chill to her spine, sitting by the seaside and under the tree, over warm blanket and having a company with wet kisses on her lips by the person she loved, Joohyun was absolutely having a great dream of picnic date.

It didn't last for long though. Not until when Jinri barged in her room, disturbing her sleep by pulling her favourite frog blanket, pulled the pillow with her as well and fought her sister using that soft object. "Wake up sleepyhead! The sun is already high up in the sky so get up on your  right now and get ready for work!"

Joohyun groaned as she pushed herself to sit up and glared at her sister. The younger however was beaming at her innocently. "Good morning unnie!"

"Yah Seo Jinri, where did you learn such language?"

Jinri grinned at her sheepishly as she slowly revealed. "Krystal always said I have such a nice and need me to get up immediately!"

The elder sister shook her head, walking in the bathroom with her towel after giving nice smack on the back of Jinri's head. "You need proper teacher for your manners and your ert girlfriend's definitely not helping!" and some scolding.

***

6 months and counting since Tiffany left for her hometown but had yet to return for Joohyun. Maybe the latter just needed to wait for more and the former would eventually came back to Korea one day.

They entered another month, and the cycle went again the same like previously. No news or anything about Tiffany's return yet. Hitting the 11 months, Joohyun recognized the late Yoona and Tiffany's best friend, Yuri showed up in the cafe she's working.

"Morning Miss Seo Joohyun. Do you remember me?"

Yuri's smile just made Joohyun felt uneasy as they seated at one table and the manager had allowed Joohyun to leave her tasks behind the counter for a while and let Chanyeol to cover her up.

"I just figure out we might need some moments to catch up with each other. After all you used to be my best friend's girlfriend," Yuri said rather awkwardly as her hands just wouldn't stop moving.

Used to be? Then it only meant Tiffany's not coming back.

"Have you heard about Tiffany? I think she might contact you instead of me. She hadn't told me any news yet, so much being my best friend."

Joohyun chuckled at the irony part. She too, like Yuri, hadn't contacted Tiffany even once post the latter's leaving the country. She thought it might be for the best in order to not disturb Tiffany from having good time with her family or distract her as she worked dilligently for her force.

"No, I don't," Joohyun shook her head, somehow looking at Yuri and felt weird the latter looked a bit relief, then suddenly laughing like she's faking it.

"I see," Yuri gulped. "Are you still waiting for her?"

"Why? You will tell me not to wait if I still do?" she raised her brows as she asked, trying her best not to sound rude. There Yuri was seemed wiping her sweat using her napkin and laughed strangely again.

"It's nothing like that. I'm just curious," she replied. Joohyun set her gaze fixed on Yuri for a few seconds before speaking. "Yes I'm still waiting for her."

***

"Gosh do you know how nervous I got she's staring at me like she wanted to eat me?" Yuri was talking on the phone while pacing back and forth in the living room and spoke in her loudest volume ever.

"Geez Yuri, could you slow down, I'm not deaf!" the other line said as she was perplexed at Yuri's maximum volume. "Sorry," Yuri muttered as she sighed and her hand up massaging her temple.

"How is she?" the other's voice softened as she asked about a certain someone's condition. "She's fine," Yuri rolled her eyes. "You know what," she continued, "You should come back immediately so you can see how she's doing yourself. Don't order me to spy her around anymore!"

Yuri heard the other line cracked in a fit of laughter. "I got it. You're such a terrible actor." Seriously if not for the phone she's holding while her best friend wasn't the one in her grip right now, Yuri could throw her off to the ground.

"Thank you, Yuwree-ah. I'll return soon. Don't tell her anything yet."

***

12 months of waiting without news, Joohyun was already on the verge of losing hope. It's okay, she told herself because she was the one who first pushed Tiffany away when the latter had held her hand out.

She should forget about Tiffany and move on with her life, she decided one morning. Eating the breakfast Jinri had prepared on the tables for them, Joohyun said thanks to her sister before leaving for work, riding her bicycle again. She had not yet change the only transportation she possessed as she valued the bicycle as it was Yoona's first birthday present fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter