cats

10 kang daniel things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It might be her favorite day of the week but it definitely isn’t her favorite time of the day. It is early afternoon on a Saturday and the sun is too bright. She commends herself for her choice of outfit - a mere pair of shorts beneath an oversized tee and her decision to put on a minimal amount of makeup today because surely the sun is out to melt.

Spotting the cat cafe that she is due at, she makes her way quickly towards it, eager to be welcomed by the air conditioning inside. She pushes open the glass door of the cafe and the bell above the doorway tinkles softly, signaling her entrance.

The cafe is peaceful, the quietness only interrupted by occasional soft mews from the felines which each is in a cozy spot they have found for themselves. She orders herself a drink before choosing the smallest wooden table by the glass door. 

She takes the seat with her back facing the entrance and checks the time on her phone; it is thirty minutes past the time they were supposed to meet, but it’s no surprise that her bestfriend is still later than she already is.

She wonders if her friend is even awake and contemplates calling her before she sees a cat with greyish brown fur approaching her. The feline surveys her momentarily with its large eyes before deeming her bare ankles worthy enough for it to rub its body against. She smiles and leans down to the cat. It then flops over, rolling on its back. She decides that it is too cute a sight to not take a photo of so she picks up her phone and at the same time she hears the bell tinkle, meaning someone has entered the cafe.

The cat opens its eyes and sits up abruptly, looking at the new visitor. And as if recognizing whoever it is, it leaves her without a second glance and pads over to greet him.

Feeling slightly hurt by the animal, she does not bother turning around to see who it is, but decides to text her friend since she already has her phone in her hand.

where are you??

She taps ‘send’ just as the visitor walks past her and makes his way to the center of the empty space designated for customers to play with the cats. She notices a few other cats actually getting up and making their way towards him and soon enough, he is surrounded by probably almost half of the cats in the cafe. Wow,  magnet? She thinks to herself as she sips on her matcha latte watching him.

Then she realizes his caramel blonde hair. No, it can’t be him. She doubts that attractive caramel hair she met last Sunday would be this magnet though sure, he could be the other type of magnet, she wouldn’t disagree with that.

Nonetheless, she notices that this one also owns the same long legs and broad shoulders. But he is dressed in a grey hoodie and soft denim jeans, not anywhere near how dangerously attractive caramel hair was dressed, she registers from looking at his back view.

He sits down and allows the cats to hop into his lap. It looks like he is strugglin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter