Another Sunday.

Sunday nights with Baekhyun

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Ugh, this is the worst punishment." Sehun sulked as his mom directed the car towards the entrance to Kits’ Roller Rink and then parked the car. Sehun was seventeen years old and shouldn't be forced to watch his younger brother skate around for the next six dreadful hours.

"You will have fun, you guys always have fun!” Mrs. Oh exclaimed. Sehun grunted in annoyance wondering who told her that lie. It was nearing Sunday evening, and the roller rink was the most unpopular place to be for any teenager. Sehun hated how his mother cared nothing for his social reputation.

"Look, even Chanyeol is here!" Sehun and his younger brother Jongin looked out the backseat window pressing foreheads to the glass. Just as Mrs. Oh announced, there he was, Park Chanyeol, trying to argue his way out of taking his own kid brother Kyungsoo skating. Chanyeol’s mother was worst then Sehun’s, she slapped him a couple times over the head before pushing him inside to pay for two tickets.

Sehun and Jongin laughed, looking at each other knowingly. "Alright fine, I’ll go, but I won’t be happy" Sehun pouted, and in his own form of brattiness, the kind he knew effected Mrs. Oh the most, was to ignore her when she bid them a goodbye. Jongin leaned forward into the front seat and kissed their mother’s cheek before jumping out.

"I’ll be back at nine when it closes!" Mrs. Oh shouted through the half-cracked window. Sehun again ignored her. She peeled off receiving a sweet wave from Jongin.

Sehun and his small brother meet Chanyeol inside. Chanyeol is already arguing without someone else-the ticket lady because his mother only gave him enough for Kyungsoo forgetting about Chanyeol’s needed entry. Sehun when he walked up. “She doesn’t love you, you know"

Chanyeol shrieked jumping at Sehun for a bear hug. Jongin laughed while Kyungsoo just stood there irritated by how overjoyed his big brother would get every time he saw his longtime best friend, who in fact, he saw almost every day.

"Thank god you're here to save me! Do you have enough to cover my ticket?" Chanyeol’s big eyes looked worried.

Sehun smiles lovingly at Chanyeol’s hopelessness. "Of course I do, don’t I always man?"

The tall senior best friends do this really corny handshake they made up in their 1st year of middle school, Kyungsoo thinks Chanyeol was being more embarrassing than he already was on a daily basis. “Can we just pay and go inside please?" Kyungsoo almost begged.

"Yeah, yeah." Chanyeol nudged him forward and held open the door for the rest of them.

Just as they imagined, Kit’s Roller Rink was dead. Mostly kids even younger than their brothers skated around and a bunch of parents stood off to the side watching it all.

" I hate this place." Sehun grunted, making a constipated noise in his throat.

" I think we're probably going to die here." Chanyeol confessed.

Sehun and Chanyeol did everything together, since the time they came out of diapers. At first, people really couldn’t believe how the two could be such friends, one being more prude than the other. But it worked out, Sehun was Chanyeol’s best friend. They've been through girlfriends before, had two or three here and there, but they've never had to compete about anything. If Chanyeol was into someone then that person was most likely nowhere in Sehun’s radar. Sehun liked a specific type of person.

But it's strange how things come to be, how life works against you in the worst ways.

Sehun and Chanyeol were lacing up the skates to Jongin and Kyungsoo’s roller-blades when their eye simultaneously caught a glimpse of someone who was coming in.

Someone with beautiful eyes, sharp enough to pierce through any heart on first glance. Hair bouncing as he walked, roller-blades hanging loose in one hand. This angel found a seat not too far from Chanyeol and Sehun’s own and began to lace up his skates.

Sehun swallowed dry air and accidentally strapped the knot to Jongin’s foot too tightly. The sudden tightening caused the younger boy to shout in pain.

Sehun couldn’t take his eyes off the beauty a few seats away from him who had his back turned in his direction. The boy was bending forward to take off his shoes and the single action made Sehun’s mind float off and run wild with child-like fantasizes. Suddenly he was already imaging a future with this person, he could see himself moving in with him, adopting another dog, and growing old together. He’s so dazed he doesn’t realize someone is already talking to the boy and stealing his attention. Someone tall and equally as beautif-

"Yah! You ing- Chanyeol!" Sehun leaped up, staggering with his words as he rushed over to stop the conversation from continuing. Sehun leaped over multiple gym bags and children skates until he physically flung himself at his best friend. He tackled him right there landing them a spot right at the angel’s feet.

"Um..? Are you two okay?" The boy asked but he was chuckling and the sound of it was too ic for Sehun to respond right away, unfortunately, Chanyeol is more confident.

"Get the off me!" Chanyeol shouted to Sehun, he who sluggishly removed himself so that they both could stand. The boy observed the best friends, amusingly. Chanyeol smiled again, putting his best face on.

"So, as I was saying, I never saw you here before, I’m Chanyeol-"

Sehun stepped forward like some kind of prince and kneeled. He took the boy’s hand in his own and kissed it before introducing himself.

"Oh un-ing-believable.” Chanyeol mumbled from behind him.

The pretty boy seemed to pick up on something. He looked over at Chanyeol, then again at Sehun, and smiled. " I can’t say I’ve ever been courted like this before. My name is Baekhyun if you both are wondering."

Sehun repeated it aloud liking the sound of it, flustered red in the face when Baekhyun gave him an even bigger grin. "You can stand now." Baekhyun said.

Sehun does, and Chanyeol quickly moved him out the way with an arm. " I’m Park Chanyeol, could I maybe get your number?"

Sehun’s mouth gaped in defeat before transitioning into a pout. Baekhyun’s eyes skirted over in time to catch it. "You both can have it, we can be friends, yeah?"

Chanyeol nodded rapidly like a young child while Sehun just grinned in satisfaction. They swapped numbers minutes before letting Baekhyun out to the rink where he floated away.

Sehun and Chanyeol snapped at each other as soon as Baekhyun was out of earshot. “What do you think you're doing? Baekhyun isn’t your type!” Chanyeol barked.

Sehun stuck out his tongue before saying, "And you think you're his? He barely even noticed you!"

"Oh, he most definitely noticed me, did you not see how he kept giving me the look?"

"What? What look? He looked at me the same way!"

Chanyeol shoved him lightly. “Yeah, but it wasn’t like this," Chanyeol tries to imitate bedroom eyes but ends up making himself look like a total fool, and Sehun can’t resist laughing at it. When he hears himself though, he abruptly stops. Chanyeol was a really funny guy and that was going to be a serious problem because it's easy to fall for someone not only tall but sidesplitting hilarious.

Sehun was more uptight than anything, he quickly tries to remember the last time he acted out in a silly manner. Sehun tried to think of any goofy traits he may obtain, but he can only recall the hundreds of times he pouted until he got his way with well.. everything.

Even now, Sehun pouted unknowingly as he thought it all over, but Chanyeol’s voice interrupted his brainstorming.

"See look, you're not even old enough to have a boyfriend, you're too young at heart!"

Sehun slipped a finger in his mouth quickly coating it with his saliva and stuffed it in Chanyeol’s ear.

"What the !"

Sehun smiled "We'll see Bout that."

 

***

 

 

It only gets worst. Chanyeol and Sehun are both suddenly over-eager to take their brothers roller-skating every Sunday, and every Sunday that same boy Baekhyun comes too.

Chanyeol had never felt so frustrated with himself, he didn’t like competing with Sehun, but he wasn’t about to let Sehun win over the prettiest boy he’s ever laid eyes on. To Chanyeol, Sehun just wasn’t up to par and wouldn’t’ have enough experience to woo another person. He wouldn’t even know how to create an intense romance to feel in the soul.

Sehun has had two previous girlfriends in his young life, one that lasted for two months in 4th grade and another that was long distance, he wasn’t ready for real commitment.

So when the lucky day comes and Sehun doesn’t show up one Sunday, Chanyeol makes his move. Baekhyun comes into the rink at his usual hour wearing nicely fitted jeans that really do his thighs well.

Chanyeol begins his walk over to him, high off attraction, he truly believes he may be flying, and even though he's never skated a day in his life, he imagines this is what it probably would feel like.

Chanyeol talks to himself on the walk over to build his courage while Baekhyun was still lacing up his skates.

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol and gazed up at him. "Hey, big boy" Baekhyun teased, and Chanyeol had to take a breath because he was not expecting that.

Baekhyun kept his grin. "Where is Sehun? He's always with you.”

Chanyeol thought about how weird it would sound if he admitted he and Sehun broke up, that is what it felt like had happened anyway, whatever weird friendship they had is over until one of them gets Baekhyun.

"Not here." Chanyeol was trying to sound cool. "You look really great today."

Baekhyun stood in his skates. "Thanks, wanna skate?"

Chanyeol really didn’t want to, pulling a face, but for love, he decided to take a chance. He borrowed a pair from the skate stand and falls over immediately busting his on the rink. Baekhyun laughed, and Chanyeol felt less embarrassed.

"Hey, do you wanna hear a joke?" Chanyeol asked with a grin still planted on the roller-rink.

"Sure, tell me a joke Chanyeol." Baekhyun was already laughing at the goofy grin he was sporting.

"Two plus one equals what?"

"Three?" Baekhyun chuckles more.

"Right minus one, what do you get?" Chanyeol gets help standing, but he wobbles and almost makes them both fall over again. Baekgyun keeps the balance, being the only professional one.

"Two?" Baekhyun was completely confused.

"Right. One" Chanyeol pointed at himself, then at Baekhyun’s chest. "Two. Sehun is a kid, and yeah don’t waste your time on that one."

Baekhyun’s laugh faded. "He’s not here right now, It's just the two of us remember, so don’t think about it."

Chanyeol feels like he's already won.

 

***

 

Except Sehun figures it out, that trait that will give him leverage on Chanyeol’s adoring quirkiness.

 

The gift to flirt.

 

Or the act of flirting in which Sehun doesn’t really know if he’s any good at, but there is no way Chanyeol could be better at flirting because Chanyeol is too damn awkward. In a cute way, but still very awkward.

 

***

 

The next Sunday arrives.

Chanyeol decides that yes, their friendship is dead, he hates Sehun, really wants to rip his face off because here he was walking in with Jongin by his side and he was all dressed up, black hair parted and styled, tatted jeans.

"You look like a ing model." Chanyeol growled at him. "What do you think you’re doing?" Chanyeol received a powerful hit by Kyungsoo when he accidentally puts the wrong skate on the wrong foot.

"Oh, me? I’m just taking kid brother skating." Sehun smirked knowingly.

"Looking like, like this?”

"Jealous?" Sehun’s immaturity made an appearance as his tongue darted out to taunt Chanyeol.

"Do that again and ill rip it out your ing mouth.”

Kyungsoo skated off while Jongin stayed for a moment. " I don’t like when you guys argue, it’s weird, can you guys be friends again?" He asked looking between them

Chanyeol busted out laughing in an overly dramatic motion, he fell on the ground holding his stomach.

Sehun smiled tight-lipped. "That will never happen, not as long as this giant tries to...". Sehun stopped what he was saying when he noticed how Chanyeol’s attention was captivated, he was now watching Baekhyun paying at the ticket counter and coming into the rink.

Chanyeol and Sehun exchanged challenging looks before making a run for it. Jongin palmed his face out of embarrassment.

"Hey!" They said at once eagerly.

Baekhyun gets started without having the chance to sit down. "O..kay, hey Chanyeol, Chanyeol’s friend."

Chanyeol grinned victoriously in Sehun’s direction. "Friend? You don’t remember my name?" Sehun’s jaw dropped.

"Mm, sorry, no I don’t." Baekhyun replied carelessly.

From the roller rink, Kyungsoo accidentally smashed into one of the other kids and busted his lip on the fall. Kyungsoo cried out and stole Chanyeol’s attention, so he had no choice but to rush over and aid his younger brother.

Sehun, partially disinterested now, stared back at Baekhyun, wholly appalled with Chanyeol’s capability to make Baekhyun forget his name just from missing one Sunday skate session.

"I feel really stupid." Sehun admitted

"Why?"

"I got all dressed up for a person who doesn’t even know my name." Sehun chuckled in defeat, he sighed, shooting a look over at his best friend who carried Kyungsoo off the rink and proceeded to inspect his bleeding bottom lip.

"You got all dressed up for me?" Baekhyun’s smile turns into one of someone who’s truly impressed. "Wow, thanks?"

"So, do you like my friend?"

Baekhyun’s bottom lip poked out a bit as he seemed to be thinking over the question. "Do you want to go somewhere with me, Sehun?" Baekhyun asked instead of answering.

At the sound of his own name, Sehun’s face was glowing like the night skies. "Ooh, so you do know my name." A slow smile spreads across Sehun’s lips.

Baekhyun is looking at him, with those eyes that make his knees feel too weak to stand, so he sits down, gazing up at the owner of them. "Are you an angel or …something?" Sehun had to ask, because he wasn’t exactly sure what planet Baekhyun could possibly be from.

Baekhyun leaned forward putting his hands on Sehun’s knees. "No, but I can take you to see the stars."

Almost instantly, Sehun knew what that meant. He swallowed nervously, Baekhyun was in his face, not giving him much space to breathe. "Come see them with me." Baekhyun said and grabbed Sehun by the hand. Baekhyun leaves his skates where they are, checking for Chanyeol and if he was watching, but he wasn’t paying them any mind, Chanyeol was too busy trying to console an upset Kyungsoo.

Sehun never thought, not even once, would he receive a from a boy who he met just about a month ago, at the one place he despised the most.

 

But it did happen.

 

Baekhyun took Sehun out back until they were hidden behind one of the trees, he had heavy obvious intentions and wasted no time performing his wonderful mouth art.

Once it was over, Baekhyun and Sehun re-entered the roller-rink together.

Baekhyun, in the most mischievous of ways, smiled at Sehun while he went back to lace up his skates.

Sehun wanted nothing more than to run over to Chanyeol and rub it in his face, the fact that Baekhyun just swallowed him like a pro.

Sehun was still too dazed about it himself, he decided to sit the rest of the night out.

 

***

 

Hours later, when the roller-rink prepared to close up, Chanyeol and Sehun walked with Baekhyun to his car. Jongin and Kyungsoo had no choice but to tiredly toe along behind them. "So, I’ll call you tonight?" Chanyeol suggested.

"Okay, sounds great." As soon as Baekhyun said it, he received a pout from Sehun.

"And I’ll See you around too some time…I guess?" Sehun said an effort to stay relevant.

Baekhyun sent him a cheeky smile then pinched his cheek. "I hope you do.”

The best friends stand there in pure awe as Baekhyun turned, got in his car and drove away.

"He doesn’t even like you, you know." Chanyeol felt the need to say, and then patted Sehun on his head.

Sehun smiled.

 

***

 

More weeks go by, and Chanyeol finally convinced Baekhyun to sleep over one night. He, having no knowledge of Baekhyun agreeing to spend the night with Sehun right afterward.

Sehun and Chanyeol did no communicating what so ever, not even allowing Jongin and Kyungsoo to skate together on Sundays. Their friendship was quickly flushed down the drain the moment Baekhyun walked into their lives.

 

***

 

It is the most ridiculous competition, whenever Sehun and Chanyeol see each other, it always becomes an argument over who is the better fit for Baekhyun. The topic becomes so heated, so often, that Baekhyun decides he has had enough of it.

So one Sunday, while the best friends are going at it in front of him, Baekhyun hastily stood up, throwing his hands in the air for dramatics. "I've had enough of these games!” Baekhyun yelled.

Chanyeol and Sehun fell quiet and stared at Baekhyun like he was the one who was going crazy. "I’m not some bet you make in an arcade, okay? I like both of you, but who are either of you to decide who gets to be with me?"

Chanyeol reached forward and took Baekhyun’s hand in his. "I know, but don’t we have fun together?"

"Yes, you're amazing but.."

But Baekyun couldn’t finish his sentence because Sehun was already finishing it for him. "We have fun too right? Or are you saying I’m not as great as Chanyeol.”

“No, I’m not saying that, you’re fun too!"

Chanyeol gasped loud and intensively. "Are you saying I’m not attractive like Sehun is!”

Baekhyun felt like slapping Chanyeol. "What?!" He was so damn confused.

"Sehun could never love you more than he loves himself!" Chanyeol was adding fuel to the argument.

Sehun reacted with a small shove. “You don’t even know what love is!”

"Alright fine, I’ll rock, paper, scissors you for him!"

Baekhyun inwardly groaned, the two idiots were clearly not listening to what he had to say. "Look, maybe I don’t want to be with either one of you! or or..maybe I want to be with both of you! it's my choice who I want to be with!" Baekhyun walked away in a fit.

Sehun and Chanyeol watched him leave the rink without even skating, but they’re too engrossed with winning to care. Chanyeol turned back to Sehun, and scowled at him. "Let’s play you little .”

Sehun sneered. " Fine, best two out of three, ya freak"

 

Chanyeol was successful in each round and laid down a couple of rules for Sehun to abide by.

 

Sehun agreed to each one, he promised to never see Baekhyun outside of Kit’s roller-rink again.

Sehun likes to think he is a man of his word.

Except he’s not. And a day after making the promise, he’s calling Baekhyun and asking (begging) him to spend another night showing him the stars.

 

***

 

The following Sunday, Jongin and Kyungsoo are less excited to go skating, but Sehun and Chanyeol the boys without room to object.

Chanyeol and Sehun found each other striding up to Baekhyun at the same time, this time knowingly it will be Chanyeol who takes home the prize.

Baekhyun looked onward suspiciously as he’s approached by the two. "Hey Chanyeol, Sehun."

Sehun can only smile, instantly recalling the many times he’s been alone with Baekhyun. He also knows he isn’t allowed to speak, so he let Chanyeol do the talking.

"So here’s the thing, you're my boyfriend now, Sehun gives up." Chanyeol announced.

"Gives up? You don’t like me anymore Sehun?" Baekhyun asked and played along.

Sehun wanted to deny Chanyeol’s statement, but he had lost all three times in rock, paper, scissors. Going behind Chanyeol’s back was easier than flirting with Baekhyun right in front of him.

"Are you sure you both don’t want to…share me?" Baekhyun’s gaze flicked between them.

Chanyeol would never believe he would actually consider something like this, and he started to think it over until Sehun bust out laughing. "You want me to share you with this guy, the same freak who I’ve seen poop like a billion times, no way and look at his eyes," Sehun makes a motion to imitate larger rounder eyes with his fingers. "It’s like eww why are your eyes so big!" Sehun kept laughing hysterically.

Chanyeol’s face flustered beet red, otherwise unfazed and slapped Sehun over the head. "Oh, trust me Sehun, Baekhyun would never date someone like you!” Chanyeol quickly turned to face Baekhyun again, “He's the biggest brat you will ever meet and don’t get me started on how he treats his dog, have you met his dog yet? If his dog hasn’t eaten, he won’t feed you until he feeds that ugly thing!”

Sehun inhaled loud with histrionic intake and pressed a palm to his chest surprised that Chanyeol would stoop so low. "Excuse me, but I love my dog, and hello if he doesn’t eat then he will starve and die and I won’t be able to live with myself."

Baekhyun found their bickering a lot more amusing this time around, and began laughing right along with the antics because there was really no winning with these two.

Baekhyun grabbed their hands and gained the attention before Chanyeol could further think up another insult about Sehun’s precious dog. "I want to go skate." Baekhyun said and smiled at Sehun. ‘I’m sure your dog is lovely." And then he sent a smile up at Chanyeol. " Your eyes are big, but they're perfectly fitting."

Chanyeol and Sehun are at lost for words and for the first in months they put a pause on their rivaling quarrel and allowed Baekhyun to take the lead.

The rest of the evening is full of impossible balance on skates and children laughing at Chanyeol’s long limbs flailing around. Sehun is no better, but they help each other and decide to surfer busting assess with no one else.

Baekhyun tried to help a few times, but Sehun and Chanyeol can’t be saved, dragging him down with them. Jongin and Kyungsoo skate over just to shake their heads at the sad attempt of older brothers trying to concur the roller-rink, at least their brothers are getting along.

 

***

 

At closing time Baekhyun left with a big smile but not before he gave each boy a kiss on the cheek.

Sehun and Chanyeol stand there dumbly holding their hands to the kissed areas. "Did you see that? Baekhyun kissed me!" Chanyeol exclaimed withholding the fact that they’ve done more than just cheek kissing, but Chanyeol was always excited about everything.

"He kissed me too." Sehun deadpanned simultaneously poking Chanyeol with a finger.

"Yeah, but he only kissed you because he didn’t want you to feel left out."

"What! Yeah, keep dreaming!"

"Just back off! Baekhyun is the man of my dreams!"

"No! I will marry that boy and we will adopt another dog for vivi together and obviously live happily ever after so get over it!"

Jongin and Kyungsoo stood a few feet off to the side and sighed at the hopeless sight of their brothers.

"I’m glad I don’t have that problem." Jongin commented." Kissing is too gross."

Kyungsoo stared at him with wide eyes. “Gross, huh?”

Jongin blinked. “Don’t you think kissing is gross?"

Actually, Kyungsoo saw nothing stomach churning about kissing, and to prove it, he leaned forward to press a wet one right to Jongin’s cheek. "No. " Kyungsoo said once he pulled back.

Jongin wiped his face desperately trying to remove Kyungsoo’s slobber. "Ewww, don’t ever do that again or ill... ill!" Jongin stopped, learning his pout from Sehun. "Or I’ll be really mad."

Kyungsoo smiled. "Be mad all you want you little brat."

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ END!

 

Thanks for reading! Comment if you enjoyed it! Thanks!!!!!