My Answer

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Areum felt that the world revolves around her after knowing his name. She became very blooming after that. And it was very noticeable. She would sometimes smile by herself just thinking about that moment. She even doodles ‘Zhang Yixing’ on her notebook.

She thought she could not even be happier than that… until she suddenly saw Yixing passing by the school building. “Excuse me? Aren’t you the friend of the one who asked about Kim Junmyeon?” she felt her heart dropped when Yixing actually TALKED to her.

“Uhm… yes. Why?” she did not know what to say.

“I just wanted to know if she was able to talk to him?” he asked. She wanted to jump in a well. She felt like she almost died.

“Yes she was able to talk to him.” She had to make an excuse…

“Oops… where were my manners? My name is Zhang Yixing” he offered his hand for a hand shake. Her heart dropped another time. She wiped her hand before she shook his hand. Despite playing the piano all day, his hands were very smooth.

“My name is Hwang Areum. Nice to meet you” she felt her face turning red but she did not care.

“I often see you in the audience and I can see you actually actively listen and watch our performances. Are you interested in those kind of music?” he asked. She could not say she just listens to those because she just wanted to look at him.

“Well I used to play the piano but now I forgot how to play the piano. But if I have the opportunity, I would want to start playing again.” She really wants to learn the piano because according to her, if she knows how to play the piano she can imagine playing the piano with him.

“Well that’s good to hear! Do you want me to teach you some basic piano skills? If only you have the free time.” He said.

“Okay! Can I have your number so I can call you?” she really did not let the opportunity past. She was thinking “what would So-eul do at this kind of situation?” so she handed her phone and made Yixing punch in his number. At last she finally had his number.

She immediately called So-eul to tell the good news. She kept on jumping on the bed when she remembers how Yixing offered her to be her piano teacher and how Yixing shook her hand.

The next day, Yixing was outside the school building. He waited for Areum to go out the building for their first lesson. “You did not have to wait outside. It is cold you might catch a cold. I could just walk to your school it’s nearby anyway.” She said even if she finds it really sweet for him to wait outside.

“It’s okay. I just went to the convenience store to buy something warm for us to drink because it’s really cold outside” he does not even know that Areum was feeling sweaty because she can’t control her feelings.

They started their first lesson in Piano. “So this is how you place your fingers on the piano. Very softly” He demonstrated how to handle the piano but Areum was busy looking at him.

“Like this?” she asked. Yixing held Areum’s hand and taught how to do it. She was very red good thing Yixing was not able to notice.

After several lessons, Yixing and Areum became very close. They would go out and eat Bingsus, ttekbokki, odeng, or kimbap after the lessons.

One day, Areum went to the studio she saw Yixing talking to a girl. Yixing was happily smiling while they were talking. The girl even hugged Yixing and Yixing hugged her back. Areum became jealous.

Because of being too close to each other, Areum did not want to keep on hoping that one day they’ll get in to a relationship. Because if she does she’ll just end up hurting herself. She does not want to be mistaken about Yixing’s kindness and think that he has mutual feelings for her.

She started to avoid Yixing little by little but it only leads to hurting herself more. So-eul became concerned about her best friend’s sudden change. She was very happy but now she has been down for several days. And she was not even excited when the students of Han-eum were performing.

“What happened to you? Why did you become so down all of a sudden?” she has never seen Areum like that. She usually had this very happy aura around her but now it was filled with dark clouds that looked like it could rain in any second.

“I do not want to fall for his kindness because I mistook it as mutual emotions. That’s the reason why it hurts” She was crying her eyes out when she told So-eul about seeing Yixing hugging the girl. She feels stupid about differentiating what was love and what was kindness.

The next day, Yixing was outside waiting for Areum. “Yah it’s raining hard and he’s outside waiting. Why don’t you go and tell him how you really feel to end this pain” she does not like seeing her best friend in pain because she also feels the pain.

Areum went out and asked Yixing to come to a place where there will be something to protect them from rain. “Why are you still here? You’ll get colds. Didn’t you read the message that I sent about not being able to go to the lessons for the mean time.” She asked

“It’s because it feels incomplete without you” he said. She did not expect that kind of answer from him.

“Why would it be incomplete?” she asked

“It’s because I like you. I have been liking you ever since.” Yixing took a deep breath “It’s because I thought it was just because you caught my attention because you actually listened to what I play. But it was not the case! When I got to know you it changed my view because being with you makes my heart flutter.” He confessed.

Areum did not know what to say. She felt stupid because she did not take the initiative to confess and think that Y                ixing’s kindness was just for consideration and not because he had mutual feelings. Tears started to pour out from her eyes. “I’m sorry if I hurt you. I thought that this was only just an act of kindness. I thought that you did not have any feelings and I was just relying on false hope”

“It’s okay…. But will you accept my feelings still?” he asked and Areum just nodded. Then Yixing kissed her and hugged her. Areum did not want to be released from the hug so she hugged him tighter. ”So will we consider this as our first day?”

Areum kissed him on the cheek. “That’s my answer”

Areum did not realize So-eul was watching nearby. So when Areum left she saw So-eul. “Congrats in having your dream boy after 1 year!”

“Wait how did you know?” She was shocked that she knew

“I was nearby and saw your kiss” she added a small squeal at the end

Yixing was very happy on going home. He played happy songs on the piano and hummed along. That’s how happy he was. He even composed some happy songs.

They also spent time talking on the phone and talking about some nonsense. But they were very happy. Areum was finally dating the man of her dreams and Yixing dated his first love.

Areum worked hard to look pretty for Yixing for their first date. She got her best set of clothing and applied light make up. Yixing was in awe when he saw Areum outside the door. They rode the bike and sat near the Han River. Yixing suddenly brought out a tiny box and as he opened it Areum was shocked. It was a necklace. “This necklace symbolizes how we first met and what drew us closer to each other. It was music. He placed the necklace on Areum’s neck and after that he kissed Areum’s forehead.