Mr. Handsome

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

It’s a miracle that Hwang Areum woke up before her alarm! It usually takes about 10 alarms for her to get out from her bed. But today is different… today is the time of the month where in the students from Han-Eum Arts School perform their instruments and orchestra recital at their school. Areum likes the  Pianist who also sings. She just stares at him for hours. Good thing he does not notice her. People usually find her weird because she enjoys the performance every month because usually everybody dozes off at the middle of the recital.

                She got out of her bed and ate breakfast. After eating breakfast, she took a long bath, prepared her best uniform and added a slight touch of lip tint before going to school.  She is usually not like that. She would come to school without even brushing her hair or place lip tints because she always had no time because she wakes up late.

                “Yah! It looks like you woke up early because you had time to brush your hair and is that lip tint I see?” said her best friend Park So-eul . Some people call her as Seoul because her name sounds similar to ‘Seoul’.  They have been friends for 3 years now and only So-eul knows the reason why Areum stays awake every time the students from Han-eum Arts School perform. “I guess it’s the time of the month again… why not approach him?” that suggestion never came in to Areum’s mind. She just wanted to stare at him. She even goes there early to pick the best seat to spot where her crush is. She has been like that for over a year now. But she does not even know his name so she calls him ‘Mr. Handsome’ .When the handsome Pianist does not perform she feels down the whole day.

                The performance started and Areum could not hide her happiness when she saw her crush going up the stage. She just kept on smiling and tapping her feet. “Yah someone is sleeping! Control your excitement!” She did not know she woke her best friend up.

“Oops… Sorry” she just lightly tapped her feet and clapped quietly. She was just in awe when her crush was performing. She would not even care if a bug enters .

                When the performance was over she was very disappointed. She walked with her head down and pouted. “Yah stop looking like that! You look like that every time the performance ends.” Her best friend noticed how her best friend walks.

                “I will not be able to see ‘Mr. Handsome’ for a whole month…” her voice really shows how sad she was.

That sadness continued for the whole week. Even her best friend gets annoyed by her behavior.

She usually walks with her dog Mong-mong and mom whenever they need something from the convenience store. “Do you need something from the craft shop?” her mom asked. She saw a bike parking outside the shop beside the convenience store which usually sells craft materials.  And that bike fell. She was shocked that the owner of the bike was her crush ‘Mr. Handsome’.

“Mom, I suddenly remembered I need something there can you buy me a notebook?” she wanted to stay there long without ‘Mr. Handsome’ noticing.

“But you have tons of notebooks at home” She really does have tons of notebooks at home that have never been written on. She just collects the notebooks because of the cover and the quality of paper.

“Mom, those notebooks are not appropriate for the subject! I need to get a new one” She reasoned out and whined. She was desperate to see him.

“Fine, you better pay me at home” her mom said.

Mr. Handsome went out the crafts store and fixed the location of his bike. He passed her direction “Yah! Mong-mong-ah behave! Sit properly” Areum could not hide her thrill and excitement. So she used scolding her dog as an excuse. *Poor dog being blamed by something she did not do* \^o^/

“Here, here’s your notebook” her mom handed her the notebook that would add to the list of notebooks that she would not write on. “What happened to your face? It’s really red?” Areum’s face became totally red when Mr. Handsome passed by her.

“Uhm… It’s nothing. “She immediately hid her face because her mom does not know who Mr. Handsome is. “Mom, can you bring Mong-mong home? I suddenly remembered that So-eul needs me to help her with her project!” which was not really true. She just wanted to tell So-eul what happened today.

She could not control herself when she told So-eul about what happened to her. She kept on running around the room. She really felt restless.

“So you mean he passed by you but you did not even help him pick up his bike? It could be a good opportunity to ask his name and number instead of calling him Mr. Handsome all the time.” So-eul could was really frustrated that her best friend could not even do that simple thing.

“Well, I’m not like you!  I can’t do the things you did to seduce Baekhyun.” Areum is the type of person who just sits there quietly and waits for someone to approach her unlike So-eul who is very outgoing,

“Fine! You’re lucky to have a best friend like me” So-eul bragged.

“And why is that?” Areum said in a sarcastic tone.

“Apparently, I have connections with people inside the performers from Han-eum arts school. Baekhyun has a friend called Junmyeon but sometimes they call him Suho because he is the guardian of the group because he is the oldest.” So-eul said

“And you’re telling it to me just now?” Areum threw a pillow to So-eul’s face and hit her.

“I just met Suho a few days ago. And I forgot to ask the name of the Pianist… sorry” she did a peace sign. “Don’t worry! I’ll ask him. But remember, I do not do favors with nothing in return”

“Fine, I’ll treat you lunch for the whole week. Call?”  Areum said and did an “okay sign’

So-eul smiled and did an “okay” sign too.

The time of the month came by again! Areum was even more excited.  Unfortunately Suho was not there because Baekhyun told her that Suho had a competition.

“Yah! What are you waiting for?” So-eul dragged Areum and headed to the dressing room of the performers.

“What are we doing here? Suho is not even here” she whispered.

“Don’t worry I got all this covered.” She assured Areum. Suddenly Mr. Handsome passed. “Excuse me?’ she talked to Mr. Handsome. Areum walked a little further from her best friend because she was too embarrassed. “Uhm… is Kim Junmyeon there? I mean is Suho there?” she definitely knew that Suho was not there but she asked him to find an opportunity to ask Mr. Handsome’s name

“Kim Junmyeon is not here at the moment because he had a competition to attend to” Mr. Handsome answered.

“Oh really?” So-eul could win a best actress price with this kind of acting. “By the way, may I know your name?” it was the moment Areum waited for.

“My name is Zhang Yixing and I am an exchange student from China” He said. Areum was shocked how sweet her crush’s voice was.

When they left after asking Yixing’s name, Areum turned very red. She felt like she was in heaven. As soon as they knew his name they started stalking his Social Networking sites to  see if he had a girlfriend…. And thankfully he had none.